• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Speaking Vaanaraas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hanumanji is a chiranjeevi and a master of 9 vyakaranaas, etc. There are many scholars who have been trying to fix up the date or period of the great epics Ramayana and Mahabharata. Through fossilization theory or some such techniques they try to establish the period of the existence of some species as big as dinosaurs. There was recently some talk of locating the remnants of the 'sethu samudra' bridge. Has there ever been an attempt to confirm that there were speaking "Vaanaraas" strolling onthis earth? If they existed how come suddenly they disappeared or become speechless (I believe not by seeing us kind!) What could have been Vaalmiki's idea to introduce Vaanaraas? Scholars please throw light on this.

I am by no means a scholar- but I will share my opinion. Ravana was too haughty to include (that he should not be killed by) a man in his boon.

So Vishnu had to be born as a human being to put an end to him. All the other Devas who always want to be one step less than God, opted to become vanaras.

Animals and birds do talk in their languages. We do not understand them. But they certainly very clearly communicate through sounds and shrieks or through their antennae as in the case of (speechless) insects.

I am no scholar either but I read before that Rishis in Sathya Yuga were born as Vanaras in Treta Yuga and as Gopikas in Dwapara Yuga.
In Sathya Yuga as Rishis they had Darshanam(Vision) of God, In Treta Yuga as Vanaras they had Sambhashanam(Conversation) with God and in Dwarpara Yuga they had Sparshanam(Personal Touch) of God.

May be the humans in the other Yugas had a well developed sixth sense and able to have telepathic communication with animals.

We read in some stories how the ancient kings could understand the talk of all the animals and birds.
May be we lost the power since we have come very far away from mother Nature!

Could it be mistake to assume Vanara=monkey.
Just as it is a mistake to assume Naga=snake.

Vanar (वानर) is a gotra of
Jats found in Haryana in India. Lord Hanuman of Ramayana was a Kshatriya of Vanar clan. He was not a monkey as is shown in Ramayana.
The tribes who dwelt in forest (vana) were called by the name vana-nara vanara.
I am waiting for someone to report me. LOL
Naga Kingdom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Naga Kingdom refers to the territory of a tribe called Nagas who were a group of hardy and warlike people spread throughout India during far ancient history. They were also considered as one of the supernatural races like Kinnaras and Yakshas.

Who attached the tail to them? Devas were born as Vaanaraas to help Shri Ram. Is it just an imagination of the kavi Vaalmiki? At the end of our back we have what is called a tail bone. It is possible that the tail was there but got detached by the Raakshasaas not only by sword cut. They could have cursed us not to grow tail thinking that those monkeys had power in the tail! The discussions might be ridiculous but I think it is a good research stuff to corroborate the epic characters to real life.

Nothing is ridiculous if we discuss with an open mind
(and shut mouth?)

There are more things in the world than we can dream of or explain with our limited knowledge.

Whether they were monkeys or men with/without tails, they did an excellent job in helping Rama build the Sethu, cross the ocean and win over Ravana.

Finally that is what counts - how much we care about others and help them as best as we can - whether we are men or mere monkeys.

Who attached the tail to them? Devas were born as Vaanaraas to help Shri Ram. Is it just an imagination of the kavi Vaalmiki? At the end of our back we have what is called a tail bone. It is possible that the tail was there but got detached by the Raakshasaas not only by sword cut. They could have cursed us not to grow tail thinking that those monkeys had power in the tail! The discussions might be ridiculous but I think it is a good research stuff to corroborate the epic characters to real life.

The classic Indian epics such as the Mahabharata, the Ramayana and the Puranas refer to many exotic tribes, describing them as superhuman or subhuman. Narrations about these tribes are often mixed with mythology and fiction. These tribes include Gandharvas, Yakshas, Kinnaras, Kimpurushas, Rakshasas, Nagas, Suparnas, Vanaras, Vidyadharas, Valikilyas, Pisachas, Devas (within them Vasus, Rudras, Maruts, Adityas) and Asuras (within them Danavas, Daityas and Kalakeyas.)

Exotic tribes of ancient India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back