• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sorry sir you dont have a degree !!! Please help and guide me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

Currently i am on a break from work due to a surgery in my stomach. I have started applying for new jobs and my problem is as follows.Due to some reason i did not complete my formal education and i have a DNIIT certificate and an M A Public administration open university degree.I have 10 + years of experience in computer software. I do the role or Client Management / Account Management and project coordination. A complete non technical person. I have liased with companies like GMR NDTV CNBC and STAR INDIA.

SAD PART : Today everywhere i apply they ask for my + 2 and bachelors degree certificate and day by day its frustrating.

I ask them to give a chance to prove my talent but sadly companies in india and MNCS want the certificates

Can you please suggest what should be done by me? I lost an opportunity in google inspite of clearing the interviews just because i dont have + 2 and a b'lers degree

thanks

Shri Kameshratnam,

I deeply and sincerely sympathise with you in your plight. But as an old man (70+) without much familiarity with today's jobs scenario, I am unable to give you any suggestions or solution to your problem.

When I googled just now, I found this url :-

What exactly is DNIIT? an associate degree?how to find a correspondent university level? thanks for answering? - Yahoo! Answers

So, it looks to me as though the DNIIT is not equivalent to a full degree. Now that the IT sector heydays are slowly disappearing, the employers may be getting lot of degree holders (B.Tech, MCA, etc.) and so they might have made their selection criteria more rigid. Your open university certificate on PA may not be considered relevant for the type of job you now apply for.

The days when the IT sector wanted only ability are gone now, I think because even Infosys etc., keep many people under "benching" and then let them get out voluntarily as a matter of grace, I am told.

Today even B.E degree became very common in almost most of the houses. On 3rd of this month a Friend of mine started a new concern in Madurai,and asked me to recommend two girls for Computer Form Filling work for a Constant Monthly Salary of Rs 5000/- net.

Many girls came and attended the Interview. I was shocked to see that most of them are B.E. (ECE).

So Today's B.E students are ready to go for Meager Salaries. In this Circumstance it is quiet Natural that The Employers will demand to show Original Certificates.

If you are willing to work in Bangalore you contact Shri T.Vijayakumar Reddy,President VHP/ Bangalore 09886740977. They may give you appointment with reasonable salary together with accommodation if you are selected.

You can use my name to them as BJP / Sankaranarayanan from Madurai.

Last edited:
Why hasnt any one replied?

kammesh,

those of us who are abroad have no clue to what you are saying re degrees, because personally, i have not seen the focus on degrees in the west for job purposes. it is more on what you can do, your experience and how you impress the interviewer.

i understand that situation in india is different.

the only way i can see as answer to your problems, is either here, or elsewhere, you impress a patron who is sufficiently high enough in the organization and who has a say in hiring. once again, do not approach them with a sob story. you should emphasize what you can do and your achievements.

btw, is there not opportunities for you to be a consultant or start your own consulting agency. companies that hire consultants focus only on the skillsets.

also, you have not mentioned where you live.

Dear Sri Sangom ji,

I thank you for the email. I have lost nearly 50 opporunities because whenever a consultant or HR calls me i tell them the truth. When i tell them about me their enthuasiam goes down and they quietly cut the call. Should i take this as my karma or the fruit for telling the truth?
D NIIT Is a 2 year course in NIIT sir and yes i know my PA degree from open university holds no good. What am i supposed to do?

Can i send you my horoscope and can you help me astrologically please? I am from chennai and i assure you my full cooperation.

thanks

dear kameshrathnam !
do not loose heart. this the reality in present day setup where every body is asking for a certificate.your experience and will be definitely recognized in due course and you have to wait until then .but what your previous employer?is he not taking you back in his company ?whether he is having awrong opinion about you ?approach him which solve your problem .even if he is not in a position to take you back ,atleast he will be recommending to others.
with best wishes ,
narayanan

Dear Sri T S Sankara Narayanan,

I thank you for the inputs. I will surely consider them.
Today even B.E degree became very common in almost most of the houses. On 3rd of this month a Friend of mine started a new concern in Madurai,and asked me to recommend two girls for Computer Form Filling work for a Constant Monthly Salary of Rs 5000/- net.

Many girls came and attended the Interview. I was shocked to see that most of them are B.E. (ECE).

So Today's B.E students are ready to go for Meager Salaries. In this Circumstance it is quiet Natural that The Employers will demand to show Original Certificates.

If you are willing to work in Bangalore you contact Shri T.Vijayakumar Reddy,President VHP/ Bangalore 09886740977. They may give you appointment with reasonable salary together with accommodation if you are selected.

You can use my name to them as BJP / Sankaranarayanan from Madurai.

Dear Sir,

I had to quit my earlier job because i had to go for a double hernia surgery. Epigastric and amblical hernia open surgery. I knew it was no use staying since they did not give him leave. I quit my job on Jul 21 and TILL NOW i have not got my salary and relieving order for the month of july 2011.

I recently went to an interview with Dinamalar - Same answer - Sorry no degree and 12th standard - so go off

I am in a serious state of confusion and hope some clarity dawns upon me.
dear kameshrathnam !
do not loose heart. this the reality in present day setup where every body is asking for a certificate.your experience and will be definitely recognized in due course and you have to wait until then .but what your previous employer?is he not taking you back in his company ?whether he is having awrong opinion about you ?approach him which solve your problem .even if he is not in a position to take you back ,atleast he will be recommending to others.
with best wishes ,
narayanan

Why hasnt any one replied?

I agree with K. Most of the active members of this forum are not in India. And those members who are in India do not seem to be that active. Some of the active members in India are too old to understand (like Sangom sir has mentioned) your problem. So, while I appreciate your problem, I would not bet high on a response in this forum for your problem. All the best for your health and career.

dear sir !
i really feel sorry for present situation.do not worry .God will definitely answer your prayer and you will enjoy the as destined by HIM. a solace letter from sri sankaranarayan came and act quickly as per his direction .you will be a happy person soon. we have to take even some unpleasant thing for better thing to happen
narayanan

Hello All,
I ask them to give a chance to prove my talent but sadly companies in india and MNCS want the certificates

Can you please suggest what should be done by me? I lost an opportunity in google inspite of clearing the interviews just because i dont have + 2 and a b'lers degree

thanks

target small and upcoming companies, instead of google/dinamalar/mnc.

i know a person in my lane, in his 40's, native of hyderabad, who shared me this interesting story about him.

he is a +2 fail, and leaned the IT skills from his elder brother, and definitely a smart chap. ten years ago, he made a fake certificate as BE elect, got a job in a small company with a very attractive pay and got promotions too.

one fine day, the company asked him to move to sweden for a project, but he told them that he dont want to go , because of his family issues. still, they insisted him to go on atleast for a week to solve some very critical issue. when he said no, company grew suspicious, cos they come to know already, that, he has no such family issues.

when check mated, he confessed them that he dont have a degree, and his visa will be rejected after certification verification.. they accepted, interestingly even gave him a promotion too, because he is a critical resource to the company.

and he often tells me, that this company is going to be the first and last job in his life, cos he cant go anywhere else.

what i'm trying to convey is, there are many a small companies who can't afford large payscales to a graduate engineer, will grab you, for your skills, not for degree.. and the place to target them is small start up companies.

target small and upcoming companies, instead of google/dinamalar/mnc.

i know a person in my lane, in his 40's, native of hyderabad, who shared me this interesting story about him.

he is a +2 fail, and leaned the IT skills from his elder brother, and definitely a smart chap. ten years ago, he made a fake certificate as BE elect, got a job in a small company with a very attractive pay and got promotions too.

one fine day, the company asked him to move to sweden for a project, but he told them that he dont want to go , because of his family issues. still, they insisted him to go on atleast for a week to solve some very critical issue. when he said no, company grew suspicious, cos they come to know already, that, he has no such family issues.

when check mated, he confessed them that he dont have a degree, and his visa will be rejected after certification verification.. they accepted, interestingly even gave him a promotion too, because he is a critical resource to the company.

and he often tells me, that this company is going to be the first and last job in his life, cos he cant go anywhere else.

what i'm trying to convey is, there are many a small companies who can't afford large payscales to a graduate engineer, will grab you, for your skills, not for degree.. and the place to target them is small start up companies.

i agree 100% with shiv.

target small owner run companies. work hard hard hard.. make yourself indispensable. these only care about how you do the job. not which school or university you went. it is how you do the job that counts ..

everything before being asked - right from coffee making to complex codes. brown nose the owner so much that he likes you and offers his daughter's hand to you... well you get the drift on what i am getting at..

best wishes..

. work hard hard hard..

. brown nose the owner so much that he likes you and offers his daughter's hand to you... well you get the drift on what i am getting at..

best wishes..

Kamesh, nothing could be have been better said, than this, in a smart crispy way!!

go all out,with all the great skill, why not just a job, a Cinderella could be waiting in line!!.. here you are struggling it for a job matching degree, there a simple pair of shoes matched, and fortunes were struck..

thanks to sri kunjuppu and sri shiva: I was working in a company which had only 25 employees and my next one had only 20. Yes, i need to try the lower medium level companies. I had to quit my job because of an operation in my stomach and now i need to really start trying

kamesh,

do you know php, MySql with Web designing skills .. i know someone who will offer you a job. in chennai.

Sir,

I dont know php..i am a complete non technical person. I can manage and operate an entire company as i have done in my previous jobs...i know sales, marketing , client account management and receivables tracking.

Thank you once again for your encouragement and wishes. If anything comes across in this, please do let me know.
kamesh,

do you know php, MySql with Web designing skills .. i know someone who will offer you a job. in chennai.

Dear Shri.Kameshratnam,
I think only in South,they insist on Degrees.In North India,they recognize only merit.
One gentleman who was reporting to me in my dept(Department of Telecommunications,Govt of India) joined the department only with SSLC
qualification as a Stenographer in Chennai Telephones.He passed the prescribed'Accounts Examination'.Once you pass this examination,you become a supervisory level official and in course of time get promotion as class II officer and also Class I officer.At the age of 48 or so he became a Class I officer.He thought of taking VRS and join a private firm.He took MA degree from some open university,then took the examination (which is very tough and competitive) to join Law in University of Delhi.He was selected to join the LAW college.He had finished
Law degree successfully,joined the same Consultancy firm(which he joined as Executive Asstt to the top man)as a Lawyer.He deals with all central excise and customs cases of clients throughout the country.He was very active as a union leader for Accounts personnel,liked by all senior officers for his sincere and hard work.He took advantage of Computer education and training which he got while in Govt,and now writing programmes for his new company.I am in touch with him.Last time when I met him in 2009,he told me that the dept had announced the Departmental Accounts Exam after a long gap.There was no printed books (Govt publication)and the examinees were experiencing problem to procure a book.He took one old copy,invested Rs.80,000 and got limited copies printed.Everyone criticized him that it may prove to be a bad investment.Within a month he could sell all the copies and he made a net profit.I really admired his courage and foresight.
Please do not get worried.You try to settle down in Newdelhi.You will have very good prospects.You become a member of "Malayalee club".
I find vacancies in middle east are mentioned by members so that people willing to go to middle east may apply.You have to be very cautious
in selecting the firm and the country.
As for astrological consultation,there is a lady(house wife) in Madippakkam area near 'OIL MILLS' bus stop.I will send details about her through PM.I was consulting her while in Chennai and fully satisfied.She is a short tempered lady and you may have to put up with her behaviour(only occasionally).Please take appointment and then go.She will guide you correctly.
Wishing you BEST OF LUCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back