• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sodakumbam and masikam

My husband obtained shivalokaprapti on 10-08-2020. 13 days rituals were over. Regarding Sodakumbam and masiyam to be done what are the procedure , rules etc. kindly guide me. my second son has done the rituals. Elder son is in Sydney. He is unable to come in this situation. Both are unmarried. What formalities to be observed when my elder son comes? Kindly guide me.

At what time your husband obtained shivalokaprapti. is it saptami thithi? aadi month krishna paksham sapthami thithi is it correct. every month on krishna paksha ------- thtithi one should do masikam for one year. on the previous day sodakumpam must be done. oona maasikam ( 27th, 45 th day and six month and one year) must be done. what is you vedam and soothram. one brahmin must be fed on sodakumpam day and 2 brahmins must be fed on masikam day. no farmalities to be observed when your elder son comes to india.

Thank you for your kind and early reply. My husband attained Shivalokaprapthi on Adi month, Krishna paksha, Saptami tithi at 10:06 PM. We belong to Yajur Vedam, Aabasthamba Sutram. 27th day Oonam Maasikam was performed on 6th Sept, its Sodakumbham was performed on 5th Sept. On both days my son did Hiranya Sraadham offering rice and plantain. On Sodakumbham day, we offered a brass water pot to the brahmin. On 8th, one more sodakumbham was performed offering rice plantain and brass water pot to one brahmin. On 9th, 2nd tithi maasikam has to be performed offering rice and plantain. Sastrigal told 45th day Sodakumbham maasikam to be performed on 20th and 21st September. My 2nd son's star is Moolam.On 45thday masikam two brahmins have to be fed with samaraadanai samayal as there is no homam as per sastrigal. Sastrigal tells when my first son returns from abroad he has to observe 3 days thindal, and perform chaundikaranam. At present homa is not performed because of the coronavirus situation, as it is difficult to get brahmins for the homam. Kindly guide us regarding the procedures to be undertaken when my elder son comes.

Latest ads

Back