• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Social fissures and Politicians

Status
Not open for further replies.

renuka

I happened to come across this statement by Robert C.Maynard

Part I: What is diversity? | The Maynard Institute

"This country cannot be the country we want it to be if its story is told by only one group of citizens," Maynard said. "Our goal is to give all Americans front-door access to the truth."

I was just wondering how this statement would apply to the Indian scenario.
Would appreciate feedback from members.

I would like that vert much, but only "It is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease."
We have minorities here who squeak a lot and loudest, they dominate the pages and time. So we end up talking generally against Brahmins, Hindus, and theist.

In Indian scenario, social fissures are caused by disparity in economic status of communities in about 2 or 3 generations due to various reasons such as fertile land holdings, rise in the value of land holdings due to upcoming township, ports etc. and also some communities becoming more industrious and thrift etc.

This opens the gate for the gleeful politician (whether specifically named as politician or not - the ubiquitous Thalaivar) steps in and starts building his own constituency in the name of class, caste, religion etc.

Then he starts dividing the country into North/South divide, Aryan/Dravidian category, uppter caste/lower caste chasm, reserved/ unreserved category, foreigner vs. locals etc.

In all such cases the targeted community (i.e. the persecuted one) should be numerically smaller (so that the vote bank against the thalaivar is not substantial) and the targeted community is cowed down by the sheer numbers of the opposers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back