• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Slokas for Lighting the Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slokas for Lighting the Lamp

Light is considered as a symbol of auspiciousness, prosperity and abundance in the Hindu religion. Light brings brightness with it and removes the darkness. Light makes it possible to see things clearly.

Please recite first
OM MAHA GANAPATHAYE NAMAHA

Then any of the following slokam

"தீப தேவி மகா தேவி சுபம் பவது மே சதா"

Another Slokam

Deepajyothi Parabrahma
Deepa Sarva Tamopahaha
Deepena saadhyathe saram
Sandhyaa deepo namosthuthe

Meaning: The literal meaning of the mantra is: "I fold my hands before the lord, the maintainer of this creation, in the form of this light. I adore this light, which destroys all the pains resulting from my omissions and commissions".
Another Slokam

"Subham Karoti Kalyanam
Arogyam Dhana Sampadah
Shatru Buddhi Vinashaya
Dipa Jyotir Namostute"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwTM0x--D3U

Sloka For Lighting Lamp - Shloka While Lighting Lamp, Prayer While Lighting Lamp, Deepa Shlokam

Yahoo answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back