• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sloka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't chant 'Calamine Lotion', apply it ;) Try halopathy or go to a doctor!

Sorry, slokas dont work for convenience, you should already be following the vedic precints and sincere bhakti.

dear ganasai !
akki is affecting the skin because of un hygienic condition and in our place we go to person making pots (kosavan) and he is doing the writting in our body with mud and paste made from country(nattu) tiles and the akki will diappear after 4-5 days

Could anybody suggest sloka for "akki" ( அக்கி ) or Pls suggest some painless remedy?

regards,

ganasai

Shri Ganasai,

Akki is "Herpes Zoster". There are very good remedies in allopathy. Smt. Renuka may be able to suggest the best among them.

Sloka may also cure it because, being a viral infection, it may get cured after two or three weeks, anyway.

Although the rash usually heals within two to four weeks, some sufferers experience residual nerve pain for months or years, a condition called postherpetic neuralgia. Exactly how the virus remains latent in the body, and subsequently re-activates is not understood. (Herpes zoster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

But slokam chanting will not cure its after-effects if any. I am not trying to frighten you, but HZ has the habit of triggering any latent tendency in the body for growth of cancerous cells. So, please come down to 21st. century A.D. from your mindset of grannies of two generations ago and go to a competent allopathic doctor.

Last edited:
I am not sure whether the "akki" (in Tamil) or "herpes" are similar or same. But herpes is caused by measles virus which had remained dormant for many years or decades in the body, and surfaces at weakest spots even inside the mouth. Antibiotic is one medicine administered to patients. The native treatment is not universally preferred though it had worked in a few cases.

I am not sure whether the "akki" (in Tamil) or "herpes" are similar or same. But herpes is caused by measles virus which had remained dormant for many years or decades in the body, and surfaces at weakest spots even inside the mouth. Antibiotic is one medicine administered to patients. The native treatment is not universally preferred though it had worked in a few cases.

Shri iyya,
It is chicken-pox virus, not measles proper I think.

Herpes Zoster(Shingles) is caused by the Varicella Zoster Virus(commonly known as Chicken Pox Virus).
A person who has previously contracted Chicken Pox can habour the Virus which lies dormant in the Dorsal Ganglia only to resurface when body immunity is down.

Commonly treated by Antiviral drug Acyclovir.

Read on here:Shingles - PubMed Health

Herpes Zoster(Shingles) is caused by the Varicella Zoster Virus(commonly known as Chicken Pox Virus).
A person who has previously contracted Chicken Pox can habour the Virus which lies dormant in the Dorsal Ganglia only to resurface when body immunity is down.

Commonly treated by Antiviral drug Acyclovir.

Read on here:Shingles - PubMed Health
I stand corrected by two and thanks to both. But the question remains whether 'akki' and herpes are same or similar; or different from each other? For the sake of knowledge please.

I have read in some books to say that Herpes virus generally causes owing to cold sores of the mouth,
that is the so called blisters. It is chiefly said HSV-1 happens by coming into contact with the saliva
of an infected person. It is quite natural in States according to my friend.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

I have read in some books to say that Herpes virus generally causes owing to cold sores of the mouth,
that is the so called blisters. It is chiefly said HSV-1 happens by coming into contact with the saliva
of an infected person. It is quite natural in States according to my friend.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Thats Herpes Simplex which caused Cold Sores.I normally dont even prescribe anything for my patients cos it goes off fast on its own.

I stand corrected by two and thanks to both. But the question remains whether 'akki' and herpes are same or similar; or different from each other? For the sake of knowledge please.

You are right..what is Akki? The only Akki I know is Akshay Kumar(he is fondly known as Akki)

Thats Herpes Simplex which caused Cold Sores.I normally dont even prescribe anything for my patients cos it goes off fast on its own.

Thank you very much madam. My family doctor also does the same.

My friend who is in US, used to say that owing to their culture of free movement
of girls and boys, particularly in Western Countries, this type of problems occur.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur
I do not know how far he is correct.

Thank you very much for all those responses, by his grace, my FIL is now recovered from "akki" and now recuperating. He undergone multiple treatment like applying mud from tile makers, ayurvedic treatment and above all channeted slokas as suggested by friends /relatives. According to hims, the most painful stage was deflating / pulling out the akkis as it needs enduring the pain.

glad to note that akki is cured without a clue which treatment has solved the problem.such like cold which will be cured in 3 days without medicine &cured in 7 days taking medicine ,akki would have taken 15-30 days. all ills due to polution and when you follow a systematic approach all are cured with the stipulated time sharing give some relief.

glad to note that akki is cured without a clue which treatment has solved the problem.such like cold which will be cured in 3 days without medicine &cured in 7 days taking medicine ,akki would have taken 15-30 days. all ills due to polution and when you follow a systematic approach all are cured with the stipulated time sharing give some relief.

Shri guruvayurappan,

Medical science has convincing evidence that this "akki" or herpes zoster is caused by the chicken-pox virus which lies dormant in the body for decades and manifests itself as akki when the person gets old. Usually, if this akki comes during the forties or fifties, there is not much to be concerned about, except that it can recur later on in life also. But if a very aged person, upwards of 70 gets this first time or not, this virus has a tendency to excite latent cancerous cells in the body. This was told by my family doctor when my mother got this at 84; he told me to be watchful for the after effects and she developed stomach pain which was diagnosed as tumour but due to her age and frail health nothing much could be done except to see that she did not suffer pain and died peacefully at home.

....Medical science has convincing evidence that this "akki" or herpes zoster is caused by the chicken-pox virus which lies dormant in the body for decades and manifests itself as akki when the person gets old....
To add to what you have said, this is known as "Shingles" in the U.S. While the outbreak lasts it is extremely painful. There is no drug that can cure the condition, but there is medication to somewhat mitigate the painful effects.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back