• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shrartham / Davasam: more than one child

sunsesh

I know that there are several threads for the above. But, somehow, I could not find my specific case. Hence this question. Answer will be much appreciated.

We are three brothers (Vadakalai Iyengar) living in different cities. We used to do annual shrartham (PAARVANA HOMA) together, for mother and father (on different days) until 2019 in our elder brother's place. For 2020 and 2021, due to Covid restrictions, we did individually Hiranya Shrartham in respective places. For 2022, we would like to / plan to do the Davasa together again.

Questions:
(a) Is it OK to join again and conduct shrartha with a single HOMA by all the three?

(b) If we have to do more than one homas, can we do it in a single place? How many should it be?

(c) In such a case (more than one homa), should the cooking be totally separate or is there any other procedure? (When we did Gaya Shrartham, the cooking was common but the Payasam and Rice were cooked differently for each Kartha).

(d) Also in such a case (more than one homa), how many brahmins should be invited?

Thank you for your advice and effort.

Sundararajan S, Bangalore

I know that there are several threads for the above. But, somehow, I could not find my specific case. Hence this question. Answer will be much appreciated.

We are three brothers (Vadakalai Iyengar) living in different cities. We used to do annual shrartham (PAARVANA HOMA) together, for mother and father (on different days) until 2019 in our elder brother's place. For 2020 and 2021, due to Covid restrictions, we did individually Hiranya Shrartham in respective places. For 2022, we would like to / plan to do the Davasa together again.

Questions:
(a) Is it OK to join again and conduct shrartha with a single HOMA by all the three?

(b) If we have to do more than one homas, can we do it in a single place? How many should it be?

(c) In such a case (more than one homa), should the cooking be totally separate or is there any other procedure? (When we did Gaya Shrartham, the cooking was common but the Payasam and Rice were cooked differently for each Kartha).

(d) Also in such a case (more than one homa), how many brahmins should be invited?

Thank you for your advice and effort.

Sundararajan S, Bangalore
I too from bangalore call me 9845138400

Latest ads

Back