• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Shrardha Ceremony

I had already posted the following issue, but none replied. Can any one help?

I am a Rig vedi and I perform three ceremonies (during Aani for my mother, Aadi for my father and Avani for my Periamma (mother's elder sister) in a year by Hiranyam. Now I propose to perform Shrardham if any such facility available for performing Shrardham in any Prohit's house in Chrompet and surrounding. My contact No. 8610914627. Thanks

The correct word is SRAADHAM. It is not "Shrardham" as you have typed. That which is done with a great deal of "sradha" is SRAADHAM.
Kindly correct this word in your post so that those who read it do not adopt it thinking it is correct.

Mahalaya srardham or srardhams to be performed on the due thithi and month, if it could not be done due to unavoidable circumstances, what is the remedy or pariharam ?. Can the missed srardham be performed in any other month/months on the particular thithi ?

Mahalaya srardham or srardhams to be performed on the due thithi and month, if it could not be done due to unavoidable circumstances, what is the remedy or pariharam ?. Can the missed srardham be performed in any other month/months on the particular thithi ?
The missed mahalayam can be done in the krishnapaksha of aippasi month. If the other srarthams are missed due to theetu then it can be performed on the day when the theetu goes away or on amavasai. If it is missed due to breaking of pindams or if pithru brahmins vomit or if vayasa pindam is touched or seen by animals chathurtha varna people or due to forgettance you may fast on that day and perform it in the next day. If you forget the tithi to do pratiyapthika srartham , you may perform it in the ashtami, ekadashi, amavasai, of purattasi, masi and aadi. These tithis are krishnapaksha tithis pf the above mentioned month.

Consult your Sastrigal. Depends on the genuineness why you missed it. If it were due to asousam i.e theettu possible to do the next day after the theetu, after graha sudhdhi.

Latest ads

Back