• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sheena Bora murder: Peter Mukerjea, Mikhail Bora reveal startling details

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

MUMBAI/NEW DELHI: It's been a day of fast and startling developments in the murder mystery of Sheena Bora.

The police on Wednesday arrived at TV honcho Peter Mukherjea's residence in Mumbai and will question him shortly, Times Now reported.

Earlier speaking to Times Now, the TV honcho said he was in a complete shock after hearing that his wife Indrani Mukerjea had allegedly killed Sheena Bora. He said he would cooperate with the police in the probe. Admitting that he was completely stumped by the police arresting Indrani Mukherjea, he said: "I am dumbstruck by this level of criminality..."

"We have had no contact with Sheena since February 2012. I asked Indrani and she said Sheena is in the US and showed me pictures of Sheena at a Diwali function there," he said. He also said that the victim had a relationship with his son Rahul Mukerjea.

Mikhail Bora claimed that he and Sheena were Indrani's children. He told CNN IBN, "Have no doubt my mother Indrani killed my sister Sheena Bora." Mikhail Bora also claimed that property dispute was not the real reason for his sister's murder.

"If Indrani Mukerjea doesn't admit to her crime, I will tell cops exact reason for the murder," Mikhail Bora told ANI.

WAS IT AN "HONOR KILLING"? Protecting the honor of Indrani?

[h=1]All you need to know about the Sheena Bora murder mystery[/h] Last updated on: August 26, 2015 20:03 IST
The Sheena Bora murder case gets even murkier. Indrani Mukerjea, the wife of former Star India CEO, confessed to the Mumbai police, that Sheena was not her sister, as she had always claimed, but her daughter. Here are the top developments in the case which has taken explosive twists and turns since Indrani’s arrest on Thursday night.
26indrani-sheena.jpg

Indrani (centre) with daughter from second marriage Vidhie, her husband Peter Mukerjea and a family friend. Photograph: Indrani Mukerjea/Facebook
1 Sanjeev Khanna, former husband of Indrani Mukerjea, was arrested by Mumbai and Kolkata police for his alleged involvement in the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora in 2012. According to Kolkata Police officials, Khanna was grilled by a Mumbai police team for around two hours and on finding discrepancies in his replies, arrested him. Khanna would be produced at Alipore court tomorrow for transit remand, Ghosh said.
2 Mumbai Police Commissioner Rakesh Maria issued a statement that said “Sheena Bora was killed on April 24, 2012. She was strangulated and her body set on fire. Her body was found on May 23, 2012. She was killed by Indrani Mukerjea, her driver and her ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna. All three have been arrested.”
3 The brother of Sheena Bora has claimed that he knew the "exact reason" for the crime by their mother but will do the needful only if she does not confesses it to the police. Bora said Sheena was his own sister and "it is shocking that our own mother introduced her daughter as her sister. I did not know that my sister was no more till this news came in. When she disappeared in 2012, mother used to tell me that Sheena had gone to USA for higher studies. Even when she (Indrani) visited Guwahati in 2013, she told us that Sheena was fine and is in the US," Mikhail said. Indrani left her two children with her parents and settled outside Assam after her first marriage.
Mikhail said they met their mother only around 12 years back when Indrani had visited Guwahati. "After that, she used to send money for us and our grandparents. But she stopped a few years ago," he added.
4 Mumbai Police Commissoner Rakesh Maria, who is heading the case, confirmed that Sheena Bora is in fact, Indrani Mukerjea's daughter and not her sister as mentioned earlier. Indrani claimed that Sheena was her stepsister from her mother's second marriage. The police, however, claim that Sheena is Indrani's daughter from her first marriage.
5 Peter Mukherjea, Indrani’s husband, distanced himself from the murder. He said that he was introduced to both Sheena and Mikhail as Indrani’s siblings. “I am shocked that Sheena was Indrani’s daughter and not sister,” he said. He claimed that he has not spoken to his wife since her arrest. “I was told not to engage with her (Indrani’s) family I believed whatever she said.”

Peter also said that Indrani claimed Sheena was in the United States. “Sheena was having an affair with my younger son and Indrani’s parents did not approve,” the former Star boss told CNN IBN. He too is being questioned by the police at his residence.
6 Indrani was arrested following her questioning by the Khar police. She was questioned by Rakesh Maria for hours. The police pursued the murder, which took place three years ago, following a tip-off from an informant.
7 Indrani's driver, a co-accused who was picked by the police few days back in connection with the murder, was also arrested on Tuesday. During interrogation, the driver claimed that Indrani had killed Bora and that he had helped her in disposing of the body by dumping it in the forests of Raigad district on the outskirts of Mumbai, the officer said.
8 The driver told the police that the sisters had a property or financial dispute. However, Sheena’s brother Mikhail claimed that there was no dispute over property. “The motive for the murder wasn’t property but something else,” he said without giving any further details.
9 Maharashtra's Raigad police had found remains of a woman (suspected to be Bora's) in a forest following which a murder case was registered against unidentified persons. They had disposed off the body without collecting DNA samples.
10 Indrani is the founder of 9X Media. Peter and Indrani got married in 2002, when she worked as an HR consultant and Peter was the CEO at Star India Network. It was second marriage for Peter and third for Indrani. Before entering media, Indrani's biggest client was Mukesh Ambani's Reliance Group for which she was responsible to do high-level hiring.

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/t...ukerjea-case-top-10-developments/20150826.htm

Indrani has killed her own daughter born out of her 1st marriage to prevent incest..Her 3rd husband Peter Mukherjea is not aware that she has kids out of her first marriage...The killer was her second husband Sanjeev Khanna...It looks like a thriller which will beat the murder of Aarushi Talwar case that shook the country in 2009

What a bi**h!

How could she kill her own daughter?

Couldn't she confess to her current husband that she had children from her 1st marriage and tell her son to stop seeing Sheena cos she is his half sister.

Why kill her daughter? There are ways to prevent incest without resorting to murder.

BTW its hard to believe such a simple plain homely looking female to have dark secrets and 3 marriages and ends up murdering her own daughter..that is why never trust homely looking females!

Last edited:
Couldn't she confess to her current husband that she had children from her 1st marriage and tell her son to stop seeing Sheena cos she is his half sister.

Actutally she had offical 4 Husbands
1) First Husband name unknown as of now and the current 2 children Sheena and Mikhail were born to that person .
2) Second Husband is some Assamese Guy whose name was put on TV but no children was born to them , They divorced .
3) Third Husband is now Sanjeev Khanna with whom she has a girl named Vidhie ( her pic is above ) which she acknowledged and her current husband has adopted her as his own daughter .
4) Fourth Husband is Peter Mukerje with whom she has no children but who has 2 sons from his earlier marriage and one of the sons started having a relationship with Sheena that caused all this tension .

In fact according to the accused Third Husband he claims that Indrani never revealed that she had children from her previous relationship and use to say that Mikhail and Sheena were her step brother & sister .

Now why she lied about it is and why did the exhusband join her in this foul play is yet to be known .

Last edited:
Actutally she had offical 4 Husbands
1) First Husband name unknown as of now and the current 2 children Sheena and Mikhail were born to that person .
2) Second Husband is some Assamese Guy whose name was put on TV but no children was born to them , They divorced .
3) Third Husband is now Sanjeev Khanna with whom she has a girl named Vidhie ( her pic is above ) which she acknowledged and her current husband has adopted her as his own daughter .
4) Fourth Husband is Peter Mukerje with whom she has no children but who has 2 sons from his earlier marriage and one of the sons started having a relationship with Sheena that caused all this tension .

In fact according to the accused Third Husband he claims that Indrani never revealed that she had children from her previous relationship and use to say that Mikhail and Sheena were her step brother & sister .

Now why she lied about it is and why did the exhusband join her in this foul play is yet to be known .

So that means there is no actual incest..cos its her step son and her daughter who were having an affair.

So preventing incest could not be the motive.

May be this Indrani was also having a love interest with her step son and got into a jealous rage and killed her daughter.

That could be the motive to which she would not dare confess cos she would be afraid if her husband No 4 knows!

BTW which state is she from? What is her maiden name?

From some East India state? Which one..Odisha,Bengal or Assam?

Last edited:
BTW which state is she from? What is her maiden name?

From some East India state? Which one..Odisha,Bengal or Assam?

Basically she is from Assam /Bengal .

May be this Indrani was also having a love interest with her step son and got into a jealous rage and killed her daughter.

That could be the motive to which she would not dare confess cos she would be afraid if her husband No 4 knows!

The reverse could also be true i.e her Husband No: 4 was sort of having an affair with her daughter ( whom she claimed to be her sister ) . In Extra Marital affairs it is not uncommon for Husbands to have affairs with their wive's sister especially if that sister is single , widowed , divorced or dependend on them for money ,education etc .

Indrani Mukerjea was born in Guwahati,Assam as Pori Bora to Upendra Kumar Bora and Durga Rani Bora. As a result of the long-running anti-foreigner agitation in Assam that started in 1979, she was forced to pursue higher education in neighbouring Meghalaya. While studying at Lady Keane College in Shillong, she met Siddharth Das. She had 2 children from a relationship with him, Sheena and Mikhail. She left the children under the care of her parents in Guwahati and moved to Kolkata in 1990. There she studied computers and stayed as a paying guest. A few months after her move to Kolkata, she met Sanjeev Khanna. They got married in 1993 and had a daughter called Vidhie in 1997. In 2001 they moved to Mumbai.

In 2002, Indrani met Peter Mukerjea and moved in with him while awaiting her divorce from Sanjeev Khanna. In November 2002, Indrani married Peter Mukerjea. After marriage, Vidhie Khanna, moved in with the Mukerjeas and took the Mukerjea name. In 2005 Indrani introduced her children, Sheena Bora and Mikhail Bora, to Peter as her younger siblings. In 2006 Sheena Bora moved in with the Mukerjeas and enrolled in St. Xavier's College, Mumbai for B.A. in Economics. After April 2012, Sheena was not seen again.

From 2012 till 2015, the Mukerjeas divided their time between residences in Worli, Mumbai, Bristol, UK and Marbella, Spain.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indrani_Mukerjea

Basically she is from Assam /Bengal .

The reverse could also be true i.e her Husband No: 4 was sort of having an affair with her daughter ( whom she claimed to be her sister ) . In Extra Marital affairs it is not uncommon for Husbands to have affairs with their wive's sister especially if that sister is single , widowed , divorced or dependend on them for money ,education etc .

The above was the reason which I also thought. Today's Malayalam newspaper however gives one more, rumoured, possibilities, viz., Indrani and Sanjeev Khanna want to live together and SK wants all assets for his daughter Vidhie! So both jointly killed Sheena.

The above was the reason which I also thought. Today's Malayalam newspaper however gives one more, rumoured, possibilities, viz., Indrani and Sanjeev Khanna want to live together and SK wants all assets for his daughter Vidhie! So both jointly killed Sheena.

I feel SK was tricked in to killing Sheena by Indirani .

Indrani confesses, Sheena's father joins probe

pi4mJ3bgajbfa.jpg

Mumbai: Indrani Mukerjea, the prime accused in the murder of her daughter Sheena Bora, has "confessed" to her role in it, while her former live-in partner Siddharth Das today joined the investigation in the sensational crime committed three years ago.
Indrani has "confessed" to her role in the crime, a senior police officer said without providing further details.
Indrani's husband Peter Mukerjea underwent a second round of marathon questioning by the police which also interrogated two other arrested accused--her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai. Peter, the former Star India CEO reached Khar police station around 11:30 in the morning and the questioning was still in progress.
Das, who claimed to be Sheena's biological father, was flown down to Mumbai from Kolkata this evening and is understood to have been brought face-to-face with the accused.
Since her arrest late last month, Indrani had been maintaining that Sheena was very much alive and living in the US.
Besides his wife, Peter was brought face-to-face with Sanjeev Khanna and driver Shyam Rai, both of whom are alleged to have actively participated in commission of the offence. Today's interrogation is being supervised by DCP Satya Narayan Chaudhary.
Peter was questioned for nearly 12 hours yesterday.
Meanwhile, senior lawyer Mahesh Jethmalani, who is giving legal advice to Peter Mukerjea, said he was not aware of Indrani's confession.
"One or two channels are saying with full fanfare that Indrani has confessed today. Indrani's lawyer is sitting in my office and she does not know (about the confession). Only the police and press know. Why do you ask me then?" he told the media.
Jethmalani's junior Gunjan Mangala is representing Indrani in the case.
Jethmalani said he was not aware of what defence could be made of Indrani as her lawyer, who is his junior, has not been given "free and private" access to her client.
Every time she (the lawyer) met Indrani, it was in the presence of 5-6 police officers, he said, adding "as far as Mr Peter Mukerjea is concerned, the question of defending him does not arise because he is not an accused".
Some of the questions posed to Peter pertained to his financial transactions, especially his investments, his share in various companies, and how much money he had given to Indrani, son Rahul, step-daughter Sheena, and younger step- daughter Vidhie, who is Indrani's daughter from her previous marriage.
Sheena was engaged to Rahul, Peter's son from an earlier marriage, when she was allegedly murdered on April 24, 2012.

http://www.sify.com/news/indrani-co...-joins-probe-news-national-pjdxEfagcjaad.html

The nauceating story of a stupid woman and her stupid husbands.

I have started skipping watching Times Now Tv channel.

I dont read the story when it comes in my daily TOI newspaper either.

Why do they inflict such stories on the reading/watching public?

Beyond the voyeurism of the Indrani Mukerjea TV drama, another question arises: How does love die between mother and daughter? How does rage, jealousy and greed take over? TV has already declared Indrani Mukherjea as a child-slaying, diabolical desi Medea before even a court judgment. Whether Indrani killed Sheena or not, another death is even more worrying. And that is the impending death of the Indian family.
Why exactly should we gasp over every new prime-time horror in the Indrani case? After all, the statistics on dowry deaths, abandonment of parents, rape of minors and khap panchayat killings are piling up daily. In our ostensibly family-centred culture, murder or attempts to murder within families are, shockingly, hardly uncommon. Buffetted by gale force winds of economic change, something rotten is growing in the Indian parivar today.
We thrill to soap-opera versions of the family. The kabhi khushi kabhi gham routine of the ideal Indian family is our preferred emotional drama. We revel in the opulent nostalgia of Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, flaunting India’s proudest cultural product, the family. Films like HAHK appeal precisely because they assuage cultural anxieties about the loss of that revered cultural icon.
Yet perhaps families are by definition subliminally violent spaces, at odds with the sweet advertised stereotype. Oedipus and Hamlet, even fairytales like Snow White and Cinderella, are set within families, as if commenting that depravity is the worst when committed by blood. Sometimes parricide or killing fathers becomes legitimate, as when Krishna killed the evil Kansa, his father figure and maternal uncle. A reluctant Arjuna felled family patriarch Bheeshma in honourable battle, but in the end Bheeshma willed his own death.
Fillicide or killing children occurs in legends too. Medea the Greek queen killed her own sons. Abraham was prepared to sacrifice his son Isaac. Kunti abandoned her first-born son, Karna, not really caring whether he lived or died, rather cruelly extracting the promise from him later in life that he would spare the lives of her other sons. In Toni Morrison’s heart-stoppingly powerful novel Beloved, escaped slave Sethe kills her infant daughter so the child does not inherit her own fate.

The Indrani-Sheena saga is riveting precisely because it’s so familiar, because middle-class family horrors are set in some relief by the lurid craziness of the Mukherjeas. Yet the long trail of abuse, infidelity, abandonment, and criminality is only six degrees of separation from present-day “normalcy”.
http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatime...&utm_campaign=TOInewHP&utm_medium=Widget_Stry

Dear Prasad Ji,

No one in this world truly loves another..there is no unconditional love as we are made to believe.

I always believe that even maternal love is highly over rated.

A human being is a self centered creature and sometimes display of love is just a sign of desperation and dependency on another for survival of self.

In the Mahabharat I totally dislike Kunti..if she was young and naive for having experimented the mantra and put Karna away one can still understand that she was immature but after seeing him she faked all the maternal love just to make him spare her other sons.

What a female! After so many years..instead of showering him with love and beg forgiveness for having abandoning him..she could only think of her other sons cos she is more secure with them and not Karna. It was a double rejection for Karna..rejected at birth and rejected again when he met his mother.

So if Kunti can be self centered..what should be expect from the rest of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back