• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Seshadri we are with you for a Exclusive Brahmin Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Seshadri subramanain

I am a new member of this forum and I would like to pull the idea of an exclusive brahmin trust again. I do not know the status of where we stand on that initiative ( I saw the other thread and it has a lot of posts). If any one of you could explain to all new members like me in this thread, it would make it easy to make our contributions for the same.

bI

Hello Balaji, it is hearwarming to know that there are like-minded individuals to strenghten our community.

The first page in my original thread almost covers the essentials of the idea.... however, it is yet to take concrete shape as I have not been able to judge the mood of our brahmin folk in accepting such an idea.

As shri kunjuppu had put it somewhere in the thread - "Many would watch and wait" as this should not start up in high expectations and end up in mere power play or a namesake trust.

I stress again - It is to be a collective effort if we are to succeed... and just not the work of a few individuals.

The magnitude of the work is enormous and the funds required would proportional... however, everything has a beginning... so this must also have a humble one...

I had contacted a lawyer, who is to assist me in this venture... but since I am currently in UAE, it is getting delayed. I do not know whether any other members are parallelly involved in this.

Please go through the numbers involved - I have also suggested forming of Brahmin Community Help Groups, which could be a informal structure assisting this task.

I believe in planning and executing - hence would like some members who could be trustees (if any, in this forum) to join me in this venture.

The first task, assuming that the Trust is set-up would be to spread the word around. As sb had suggested, a booklet to highlight the aim of the trust should be circulated (e-form as well) so that our community is aware of such an effort.

The parallel activity would be to form a database of our community - a one stop reference for all - name, age, family members, education, status, gothra, address etc. For this an IT team would be required; of course, the other option would be to outsource it. (Maybe I could get the advise of the administers of the forum on this).

If I can get a group of like minded individuals to work with me on this idea, we could move at a steady pace.

I have been trying through my contacts in coimbatore, but it has not borne fruits.

This would in no way undermine the efforts of other similar existing trusts... I felt that in spite of their efforts, we were lacking implementation and the will to push forward and hence my volunteer...

More importantly, I would again stress paid individuals to work for our trust than expecting only volunters. This is one way of creating employment for our community. And this does not, in any way, undermine voluntary efforts.

I could pen much more, but first we have to have the numbers, the will to start it.

I sincerely hope that it is the beginning...

Thanks & Regards,
Seshadri

Template Example For Tamil Parassu Makkal Katchi

The following resolutions can adopted:

Reservations

Reservation for Tamil Brahmins in TN

WE should assert the imminent need for the historically and traditionally oppressed and suppressed communities in India,namely Tamil Brahmins, being provided with better opportunities to establish social equality.

We should appreciate the ruling Kazhagams government for consistently pursuing measures needed to establish social justice and profusely thank the Kazhagams government for implementing reservation in the future for Tamil Brahmins in educational and job opportunities in the state.

At the same time we should demand that the Tamil Nadu Government has to raise the reservation , point out that the economic & social condition of Tamil Brahmins is comparatively more backward than any other community.

Separate Reservation for Dikshitars

We should also demand that the reservation be granted to Dikshitars must be legalized and implemented immediately. It is to be noted that though the TN Government has not accepted this as a policy and the announcement has not been made, therefore law has not been passed yet. We should demand immediate passing of an ordinance to facilitate our Dikshitar brethren enjoy the full benefits of reservation in Tamilnadu

Monitoring the implementation of Reservation

A committee consisting of People's representatives, Human Right Activists should be formed to monitor the implementation of reservation.

Proportionate Representation

Proportionate representation for minorities in representative bodies like parliament, state legislatures and local bodies in accordance to their population is essential for an ideal nation. Several U.N declarations and covenants have recommended similar representations. The Current Indian election system does not ensure a satisfactory representation for the minorities in general and Tamil Brahmins in particular in the representative bodies. Countries like Singapore, Germany, Rumania, Sri Lanka, New Zealand have ensured proportional representations in all representative bodies beginning from local bodies to Central legislatures. The Conference demands proportionate representation for minorities in all representative institutions beginning from local bodies to Parliament in proportion to their Population.

Enumeration on the basis of Castes

We should demand an enumeration of the population on the basis of castes as it is the key for ensuring Social Justice. This conference points out that a similar enumeration has already taken place in Karnataka

Democratic Means

Terrorism and Violence is not a mean to resolve any problem. In the world's largest Democracy like India terrorism does not have any space.

We should resolve that all problems of the minorities and the suppressed people of this country should be resolved through constitutionally guaranteed Democratic means and political actions.

We should realize that inaction and tactful delays of government agencies and judicial delays have made the public to doubt the system. Hence we should demand that bureaucrats and politicians should act in a responsible manner so as to inculcate confidence of the Public in the system.

Safeguarding Agriculture

It is disheartening to note that Agriculture which forms the backbone of Indian economy suffer from consistent problems that paralyze them and push them to extreme action like suicides. The government policy of promoting artificial fertilizers has deprived the soil of its fertility. In recent times the government is encouraging genetically modified crops which are going to deprive human beings of their vitality. We should resolve that our country needs Organic farming and the government should promote organic farming.

Distribution of Free Pattas

The Tamil Nadu government has passed orders to issue free pattas to poor people living in a place for more than 5 years. In reality this order is not being implemented in a fair and just manner. Moreover attempts are being made by authorities to evict people. This is an action which is to be strongly condemned. We should resolve that the government should distribute free land pattas to all poor people living in a place for 5 years without any impartiality.

Total Prohibition & Ban Cow Slaughter

In order to prevent the social and cultural degradation of the People, we should demand complete prohibition & cow slaughter in Tamilnadu and throughout India.

Non Resident Indians

We should demand that in order to safeguard the interests of Indians working abroad who play an important role in increasing the Foreign Exchequer of the country (a) a separate ministry has to be established in the state (b) right to exercise their Franchise even from their country of residence (c) establishment of a welfare board to protect workers who return after a long service in foreign Countries.

Foreign Policy

The most distinguishing aspect of India is its Foreign Policy. The Non Aligned policy secured a special status for our country in International affairs. But in recent times India is displaying a posture of meekly surrendering to Imperial designs. We strongly condemn this attitude of India.

It is disheartening that Gandhian principle of maintaining distance with imperialist is being openly violated and diplomatic and military relations are being strengthened .We should demand that India should severe it diplomatic ties with the terror state of Pakistan.

Safeguarding environment

The environment, water, soil and land is being polluted causing serious concern. We should resolve that the government should take stern action to prevent rivers being polluted by effluents, air being polluted by vehicles and soil being polluted by chemicals.

Transparency and Honesty in Public Life

Growing Corruption among politicians is demoralizing the people and is creating an aversion towards Politics. We demand that people in Politics should be transparent and avoid corrupt practices. We demand the government to implement strict regulations to avoid corrupt practices. Tamil Parassu Makkal Katchi resolves to adopt ethical and moral standards in Politics.

Social Justice in Private Sector

The government is encouraging Globalisation and privatization and as a result Private sector Industries are growing. These industries make use of government subsidized facilities and government lands. But it is disheartening that they do not encourage social justice. We should resolve that the private sector industries should implement reservation in their organizations and thereby encourage social Justice.

Social Justice in Judicial Administration

In Taluk courts and district courts reservations are implemented in appointment of Judges but it is not implemented in the High Courts and Supreme Court. We should resolve that the policy of reservation should be extended to all the courts up to Supreme Court.

Stop War in Sri Lanka

War cannot resolve the Srilankan crisis and merciless killing of Tamils is vehemently condemnable. India should take immediate steps to stop war and this conference condemns the lukewarm attitude of the central government towards the Srilankan issue.

The Tamils, Plantation Tamils who are minorities in Sri Lanka should be ensured equal rights and justice. We also condemn the continuous killing ofTamils by Sri Lankan Army and other terrorist organizations. Adequate relief measures and compensation should be given to all the affected groups.

At the same time we should expresses our deep sense of anguish and sorrow that the political parties in Tamil Nadu are divided in this issue taking in to account their personal and electoral gains. We should request the Political parties of Tamil Nadu to draw examples from the stand of Kannadigas in Cauvery Issue and the Biharis in the anti Marathi issue and form an united forum in this issue.

Tamil and Culture

While remembering that Rajaji asserted that Tamil has the capacity to be official language of India, it has to be noted that the position of Tamil in Tamil Nadu is distressing. We should call for action to strengthen the usage of Tamil as an Administrative, official and Judicial Language.

Certain sections of the media are promoting cultural obscenities which have the potential to destroy the culture of the nation and prevent the growth of a strong India. We should call for stern regulations to prevent Movies, television channels and print media from involving in such Cultural degradation activities.

Welfare Board

We should realize the importance of an welfare board to help the Tamil Brahmins and other employees of temples and urges the state government to establish such Board. We demand that the pension to retired sastrigals must be introduced. Moreover we earnestly request the state government to extend the pension to the widows of the sastrigals.

Pension to Journalists

Tamil Nadu government grants pension to journalists with 20 years of experience. Unfortunately most of them are part time reporters and are not entitled to pension. Moreover even during their service they are paid very less. Hence we demand that even Part time reporters with 20 years of experience and who have attained 55 years of age should be entitled for the pension

Concern for the Children of Freedom Fighters

We demand that children of Tamil Brahmin freedom fighters who are poor they should be given priority in education, jobs and free pattas for land.

......................contd................

sb:bathbaby:

P.S. Axe will be the symbol of our Tamil Brahmin Party!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back