• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

series on india as viewed by new york times

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

indias-boom-creates-openings-for-untouchables.

this is a story of rags to riches, dalit from rural maharashtra.

i also post a comment from one nyt reader here. bound to warm certain hearts in this forum..also please read the last line. dont that sound like addressing me? :)

jay pattelle
NY

The only self-loathing I've seen in Indians is among NRI or culturally-confused 2nd generation types who're on the fast track in America. Those in India are pretty normal.

Hinduism is the world's most mature religion. It is monotheistic and polytheistic (Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle!). It says nothing about other religions and does not proselytize. It has male and female visions of God. It sanctifies nature, knowledge, prosperity, simplicity, duty, family, teachers, among other things. It is the most flexible religion in the history of human civilization. It has no word for divorce (assumes we are not animals, and can be monogamous). It promotes a vegetarian diet, which science is only now recognizing as the healthiest option. You can practice it as you wish. It is a personal religion, as religion should be. Private, customized vision of God (whatever that is) for every human. That's far closer to the unknowable answer than any other I've seen. If I ever need to seek a better religion, I'll just dig deeper and customize by own version.

Notice I didn't say its the best, or only. Follow the religion you want, just don't blab about things you have only superficial understanding of.

Last edited:
/for-indias-poor-private-schools-help-fill-a-growing-demand

unregulated, but cheap english education for the poor muslims of hyderabad. one of the numerous unregistered private schools, all over the country, doing yeoman service, facing maybe possible extinction, by kapil sibal's sudden offering of riches to the states.

i am skeptical of state govt schools, only because, time and again, we find, that once the minister changes, and is succeeded by a bad one, the money dries out, and so does the enthusiasm. who knows, i may be proved (and wish to be) wrong.

i am skeptical of state govt schools, only because, time and again, we find, that once the minister changes, and is succeeded by a bad one, the money dries out, and so does the enthusiasm. who knows, i may be proved (and wish to be) wrong.
I agree with you sentiment.
A friend of mine runs this school in Tamil Nadu, following is an excerpts from his report.
"Rules have been framed by Govt a couple of days ago under the ‘Rights of Children for Education’ whichwill unsettle our schoolfurther. 25% of the seats are to be reserved for children born to those below the poverty line and they should get free education.The fun is the annual income of a person below the poverty line is fixed as Rs 200,000 (monthly Rs 16,666) and 90% of the parents in our school are below the poverty line ! Which 25% out of the 90% should be given free education !!! A large number of questions are to be answered before there is order in the educational system in Tamil Nadu."

Srividyasram - A Village School making a Difference

Each of us has our own philosophy regarding how to help India

aadhar the identity number and its potentials

aadhar

will this work? what about those who do not get tagged? this is supposed to take 10 years to complete and is entirely voluntary? how about people who are born or die inbetween?

there is a plan to directly xfer govt welfare cash to the bank a/c bypassing the middle man. it is hoped, i read somewhere, that this way, wives can get the money, without the husbands dipping their finger and running to the liquor shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back