• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Seemantham date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this forum and am from a Tamil Iyer family.

My wife is pregnant now. Does the calendar for Seemantham and other rituals follow the same calendar as the pregnancy calendar?

Ex: our priest said that the Seemantham should be done in 8th month. The start of pregnancy as per the doctor is 5th July (based on the LMP). Going by that count, the 8th month should start on Feb 5th.
Can the Seemantham be done between Feb 5 and March 5?

Dear sir

The calculations are based on tamil month normaly and not as per date. According toyour version 5th July falls inthe tamil month oa AANI. If it is so the 8th month
will be tamil month Thai. So you can perform seemaintham during 15/01/2016 to 14/02/2016 i.e in the mont of Thai. This is the normal calculation.
Consult your aathu vathiyar and fix a suitable date accordin g to the star iof your wife. Normally the sdates availbe forseem,antham is rare in a month two or
three dates only available some times it may beonly one date.

Rajappa Namakkkal

Rajappa Namakkal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back