• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Search for life partners and not business partners - Business partners will end in D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
I was shocked to see a matrimonial ad received for my nephew and it said
Wanted bridegroom Salary 8 L pa or above/ IIT/ IIM or MBBS, Good Habits and shd be willing to settle down in the US.

What is happening to the so called great community we boast of? Yes, i do agree some where down the line brahmin girls did study well and they are placed well but this is not the way to search bridegrooms

Many i know who got married in the early days were also over qualified but money and ego were comprised and they lived happily.

I see the problems with the mothers of these girls. they teach them a lot and i find my girls having problems with the father side relatives. they see them as villains.

IYER GIRLS are leaders in inter caste marriages - I can prove this with my own statistics which i have collected.

The society is changing, what is wrong with the progress. If we do not accept the change it is just going to bypass us. My ancestors left Tamil nadu hundreds of years ago. Some of my values are outdated even in Tamil Nadu today. I am nostalgic about them, but that is the reality.

Marriage is a contract, like any relationship it changes over period. In US they sign a prenup contract with divorce in mind. With 2 wage earners the economic reality has changed. So we can be nostalgic about the good old days, but this new day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back