• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Science in Hinduism .Am I reading too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dasavatharam seems to be in peace with Darwin's theory of evolution I have heard before. Starting with aquatic (Matsya) amphibian (Koorma) Terrestrial proceeding further as suggested by Darwin Finally to humans. and even among Human Avatars of Krishna and Rama there is a evolution to perfection in Rama

And today I got an answer to my posting Two legs only any significance? To stand erect is possible with 2 legs only physiologically and anatomically Again in peace with science. Or am reading too much in this ? Jambu:help:

Sri.Dr.Jambunathar said:-

The Dasavatharam seems to be in peace with Darwin's [COLOR=#5EA0C3 ! important][COLOR=#5EA0C3 ! important]theory [COLOR=#5EA0C3 ! important]of [/COLOR][COLOR=#5EA0C3 ! important]evolution[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
I have heard before. Starting with aquatic (Matsya) amphibian (Koorma) Terrestrial proceeding further as suggested by Darwin Finally to humans. and even among Human Avatars of Krishna and Rama there is a evolution to perfection in Rama

My wife is a Chales Darwin (and Richard Dawkins) ரசிகை. She also thinks that Dhasavathaara is connected to the theory of evolution. When she said that few months ago, I though that she was thinking too much.....Now I read a similar thought from Sri.Dr.Jambunathar....

Cheers!

Sri.Dr.Jambunathar said:-

My wife is a Chales Darwin (and Richard Dawkins) ரசிகை. She also thinks that Dhasavathaara is connected to the theory of evolution. When she said that few months ago, I though that she was thinking too much.....Now I read a similar thought from Sri.Dr.Jambunathar....

Cheers!

What is her thinking about 2 legs only for our Gods? Jambu:ear:

The Avataars are creations of human mind and its perception. The form of God is explained thus: anantham, agyaanam and avarnaneeyam

Namaste,

I believe that the idea of finding science in religion(Hinduism in this case) stems from some of the religious fanatics(I am sorry if its a too strong a word) who obviously suffer from inferiority complex and they try to validate religion/religious beliefs against scientifically proven theories ie they try to prove everything said in religion to be scientific.

Do religious beliefs need approval from scientific community? I dont think so.

Do religions need affiliation of science boards? I dont think so.

I dont think we need to find/research the basis of religious beliefs only with the aim of aligning with science/rational minds and/or for their approval and/or to state that the religious beliefs are "certified" by so and so rational mind/board.

Above are my POVs as of Thursday 27th of May, 2010 !!!

I am apologizing in advance if my POVs hurt ones feelings.

Jai SiyaRaam

Above are my POVs as of Thursday 27th of May, 2010 !!!

I am apologizing in advance if my POVs hurt ones feelings.

Jai SiyaRaam

jaisy,

i like your qualifier '
Above are my POVs as of Thursday 27th of May, 2010 !!! '

there are many advantages to such a statement.

first and foremost, it provides a backdoor, should you be confronted with iron clad evidence to the contrary. now you can safely say, that as of may 28th or june 14th, based on further increase of knowledge, your pov has changed.

secondly, it confirms the ever increasing nature of knowledge. yesterday eeyam was bad, but today it can turn good. etc.

there is also an element of modesty reflected here. ie as of may 27th, i know only so much, and hence i am saying this with a limited perspective. this also indicates, that the writer is an avid researcher and seeker of knowledge, for he expects knowledge to increase by the day. someone not so ambitious would probably limit himself to the month or the year. good show sir.

i am going to adopt this type of qualifier, if you don't mind. after all, imitation is the best form of flattery, and much as i desist flattering others, this one is a must of a kind.

furthermore, i see you apologizinig for hurting other people's feelings. honestly i do not feel, judging by some of the posts here, that people are sensitive to others' feelings. why should you be a lone standout. please join us, shout out your views and stand high on the pedestal of self knowledge.

just kidding sir, the above para. only in good humour, and please excuse me otherwise.

all the previous paras are sincere enough, though. :)

Last edited:
jaisy,

i like your qualifier '
Above are my POVs as of Thursday 27th of May, 2010 !!! '

there are many advantages to such a statement.

first and foremost, it provides a backdoor, should you be confronted with iron clad evidence to the contrary. now you can safely say, that as of may 28th or june 14th, based on further increase of knowledge, your pov has changed.

i am going to adopt this type of qualifier, if you don't mind. after all, imitation is the best form of flattery, and much as i desist flattering others, this one is a must of a kind.

furthermore, i see you apologizinig for hurting other people's feelings. honestly i do not feel, judging by some of the posts here, that people are sensitive to others' feelings. why should you be a lone standout. please join us, shout out your views and stand high on the pedestal of self knowledge.

just kidding sir, the above para. the previous paras are sincere enough, though. :)

Namaste kunjuppuji,

Thanks for your reply/post Sir, I am ardent follower of yours and Naraji's posts even if I don't agree with all of yours views.

Regd my POVs, as I said earlier in post on "abortion", my actions/opinions are inconsistent, I seek&learn from scholars like you and correct/change myself all the times.

Jai SiyaRaam

as of may 27, 2010 (still the same day) i think, this is a joke. a good one too :)

jai, when did you start associating me with scholarship? ;)

I am sorry kunjuppuji for my earlier post "I don't agree with ALL of yours views" infact I meant to say "I don't agree with SOME of yours views".

Sir, honestly I respect you(all of our forum members) for your knowledge/stand !!! for I learn a lot from yours posts.

Jai SiyaRaam

The Dasavatharam seems to be in peace with Darwin's theory of evolution I have heard before. Starting with aquatic (Matsya) amphibian (Koorma) Terrestrial proceeding further as suggested by Darwin Finally to humans. and even among Human Avatars of Krishna and Rama there is a evolution to perfection in Rama

And today I got an answer to my posting Two legs only any significance? To stand erect is possible with 2 legs only physiologically and anatomically Again in peace with science. Or am reading too much in this ? Jambu:help:
I posted this when I could not find any deficiency in the Observation regarding Dasavatharam which I heard long time back I do not know who made that observation But was interested in the observation only It might have been a fundamental Hindu with inferiority complex or May be even by Professor Abdul Rahim or any similar Islamic scholar chairing some Hindu chair in any Islamic University any where. Do not target the Observer as you are attempting. We are not interested in observer

Observation is essential for great knowledge and discoveries

Look at this situation . Apples where falling from the days of Adam & Eve This simple observation never kindled any curiosity in the minds of ordinary mortals It was different with Newton and you know what it lead to.

When Flemming opened his Laboratory on a cold morning after 2 day of vacation he observed no growth in those cultures which were contaminated and had he missed that you would not have had the theory of Anti bios

It nearly took 20 years to see the the effect of his observation to yield the result Penicillin .

The point is do you find any deficiency in the observation regarding Dasavatharam?. If so point them rather than targeting the observer. People explain simple observations correctly turn out to be great men. You try to see these observation with open mind approve or disapprove these observations. for the sake of knowledge & not target the observer if you cannot digest these observations specially when you do not have any opinion on these observations Jambu

Last edited:
What is her thinking about 2 legs only for our Gods? Jambu:ear:

Sir, She does not believe 'God' has any form, that is if there is 'God'. So, She does not think anything about the reason for 2 legs.

As per Dasavatharam, her justification is...evolution progreesed from water (fish tec) to water + land (amphibians) to animals (Varaha) to freak forms, like part animal and part human like (Nrasimha), timid human form (Vamana), to a human who could not control their senses well, anger in this case, (Parasurama), to a human who over adjusted the control efforts (Sri Rama) to a human form who developed smartness (Bala Rama & Krishna)....Well, that is the justification I was given! Anyway, I am presenting them here. Happy to discuss on this opinion too.

Cheers!

Dear Raghy

That is the spirit . You are concerned about the observation and not about the observer and stick to your comments only to that No idea about 2 legs also fine You keep right on tract not deviate and derail the thread Jambu:focus:

Dear Raghy

That is the spirit . You are concerned about the observation and not about the observer and stick to your comments only to that No idea about 2 legs also fine You keep right on tract not deviate and derail the thread Jambu:focus:

Dear Sri.Jambunathar,

I am on topic in this thread. If I come across any other developments about 2 legs, I will post it in that thread.

Cheers!

Dear Sir,
I feel we are just looking into a corner rather than looking fully. Even twith the avathars of Malsya, Koorma etc there were human being (you may call them deva or asura but human)and only the Leader (God in this concept) took the particular form to solve the problem. Reading your text we may come to the conclusion that no human being were there till the end of that avatar.
Regarding Dasavatar Let me put another theory. Every indivudal is having dasavathar. From the liquid form with his father (see that sperm is in the form of fish)
when born he is diving in the floor like Koorma and is varaha till getting education. At teen age he/she is like narasimha angry to parents and lovely to counter parts. After marriage he is like sreerama for some days and then becomes Krishna (atleast mentally) and so continues. What I want to state is that dasavathar is the physical and mental state of we human being and Kalki is not given out as it is the climax we face in eachof our life. For each Kalki differes depending on his earlier avatar. HOW IS THAT?????

Dear Sir,
I feel we are just looking into a corner rather than looking fully. Even twith the avathars of Malsya, Koorma etc there were human being (you may call them deva or asura but human)and only the Leader (God in this concept) took the particular form to solve the problem. Reading your text we may come to the conclusion that no human being were there till the end of that avatar.
Regarding Dasavatar Let me put another theory. Every indivudal is having dasavathar. From the liquid form with his father (see that sperm is in the form of fish)
when born he is diving in the floor like Koorma and is varaha till getting education. At teen age he/she is like narasimha angry to parents and lovely to counter parts. After marriage he is like sreerama for some days and then becomes Krishna (atleast mentally) and so continues. What I want to state is that dasavathar is the physical and mental state of we human being and Kalki is not given out as it is the climax we face in eachof our life. For each Kalki differes depending on his earlier avatar. HOW IS THAT?????

krs

what a brilliant post from you.never interpreted dasa avatharams to map into a living human being today.simply superb sir.i attained living moksham by reading your post.aham pranasmi.

Darwin postulated his theory long before the irreducible complexity of life at the biochemical level was understood. How the first "living cell" originated, was it in water, land or air, how the single celled organism grew to many celled ones and how the choices were made, etc., are questions still not answered satisfactorily by the Darwinists. That apart, the link between ape and man is still not found out. In the circumstances, the similarity of "Dasaavathaaram" is more with the different stages of growth of the foetus than to evolution at the world scale. It is very difficult to explain even the origin of the universe without the question "how, what, or who caused that?" at some point in the most uptodate theory about origin of the Cosmos.

As to God statues having only two legs and not more, I feel our ancestors could have created "Gods" in the likeness of birds, cattle, butterflies, spiders or even centipedes but they wanted probably to limit the likeness to Man and human face (exceptions like Hanuman, Vinayaka, etc., apart) and to have a manageable statue. If the number of legs were increased the statue would have become too heavy and difficult to manage.

When yesodha asked Krishna to open his mouth when she saw him swallowing sand, instead of a handful of sand in his oral cavity she saw the entire world.! What geometric 3 dimensional figure you think can fit into a hallow cavity like this other than a sphere? If it were anything else it would have been like square peg in round hole will not fit snugly. You have seen in some of our temples, Yalis having a ball (Sphere) in it oral cavity Great craftsmanship. other figures will not fit in & cannot be freely rolled in that space Do you think there is a suggestion that they might have thought that all planets where spheres? Or mere coincidence . Jambu:crazy:

The navagarhas are placed around the Sun in all temples. Even In Vaitheewaran Koil where Navgrahas are place horizontally I remember to have seen Sun taking the center place Is this Coincidence ?

Jambu:suspicious:

Dear Sir,
Light and Heat when in centre spreads equally to all part of the place.l Hence Soorya is kept in centre being only one with light and heat. Regarding other grahas there is variation in keeping them from place to place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back