• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

science and saving the world

construction is easy and destruction is simple

In the physical world:
Can you build without science? NO
Can you destroy without science? NO

In other realms, it might be different.

The same science that builds can also destroy.
For example, the electricity that lights a lamp to brighten a dark corner can bring the whole house down with one spark, or can kill with the wrong contact.

Ultimately it is up to us human beings, who decide the purpose of a particular science.
Science on its own does not choose the end result.

In the physical world:
Can you build without science? NO
Can you destroy without science? NO

In other realms, it might be different.

The same science that builds can also destroy.
For example, the electricity that lights a lamp to brighten a dark corner can bring the whole house down with one spark, or can kill with the wrong contact.

Ultimately it is up to us human beings, who decide the purpose of a particular science.
Science on its own does not choose the end result.
it is quite simple and logical that my post was in the wake of current scenerio of the world today , broadly
not meant to specfically to go into physical or chemical world etc etc. Any way i like your usual pattern of retort. no problem

it is quite simple and logical that my post was in the wake of current scenerio of the world today , broadly
not meant to specfically to go into physical or chemical world etc etc. Any way i like your usual pattern of retort. no problem

Why was my post a retort?

My post just highlighted that it is the human and not the science that is the culprit. Science gets unnecessarily blamed.

It was not meant against you or your post.
If you feel my posts are retorting it is your imagination, I did not mean it that way.

Why was my post a retort?

My post just highlighted that it is the human and not the science that is the culprit. Science gets unnecessarily blamed.

It was not meant against you or your post.
If you feel my posts are retorting it is your imagination, I did not mean it that way.
may be i have gained the impression on reading all yours that you are so. i am sorry if, accordning to you, i have not read u correctly .

it it is asked to destroy the world they woul dhave done it in a week, max
but when asked to save the world it staggers/trembles.
it is a shame the science could be at its peak and best when asked to destroy the world but same science fails when asked to save the world .
construction is easy and destruction is simple

Same goes with religion and spirituality.

If religion was asked to destroy the world...they would have done in 3 days itself in the name of God of which ever religion that has extremism now.

But when asked to save the world..all the extremists are in hiding.

Its a shame that religions claim all sorts of divine power but can't save the world but yet they would depend on science for treatment.

At least science stands on its own feet.

So for me I wont want to blame anything but just ourselves for taking life for granted.

Be grateful that science allows us to be safe at home and also get us the meds we need.

The world doesnt need anyone of us..Covid 19 has slapped us all on the face.

Science or religion is like a knife...use it well, to save and not to kill.

My view on this pandemic is different. It is a divine warning and opportunity for course correction. Humanity has started wasting all natural resources in over indulgence of sensual pleasure. When we start meddling with nature's balance, what is called ecological balance, such catastrophic change happens. It is time we understand Compassion and love are inborn in all living beings. It ebbs up when humanity face a helpless situation, when we find all that money and wealth we earned have no use.

"Viruses exist worldwide, but their spread is limited by inborn resistance, prior immunizing infections or vaccines, sanitary and other public health control measures, and prophylactic antiviral drugs."

Viral infections visit almost year after year to discipline our life and living.
But this time it is most severe. We can take preventive measures only to arrest its spread. As I understand, there is no medical cure for the viral infection. It is the inborn immunity that can cure the infection.
I do not involve religion in this discussion, when creation birth and death are a mystery. The working of living body is still more a mystery. Science can find answer for "how" but not for "why".

Let us lead a life keeping in mind each creation has a purpose and fit in the jigsaw puzzle called "life".

At this hour let us discard and break all the artificial barriers we have put around us in the name of community, caste, religion, language etc and share all the gifts of nature with all living beings.
This is what the Africans (Zulu) call "Ubuntu" the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity."

Let us not forget World is beautiful, and each day is a new day offered by nature to us.

Brahmayan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back