• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

santhyavanthanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
For performing sandhyavandhanam 5 minutes is enough. For doing Gayathri japam it will take 15 minutes. 128 gayathri manthra japam in the morning and 32 in midday and 64 in the evening should be done.
Today the sunrise starts at 5-58 AM. 128 gayathri manthra japam must be finished at or before 5-58AM. 32 before 12 noon and 68 before sunset that is before 6-20 PM.

Giving water argyam to sun and to navagrahas can be done fastly.with devotion. This is being done. It is having effect.

After upanayanam of his son his son cannot tell "My father is not doing why should I do" I will also stop doing.

The answer is convincing. Will anoone tell the short form of performing santhyavanthanam .Any book available?

There is no short form. It has to be performed according to the norms.
Some people just say keep on telling gayathri mandiram if you are not able to do santhyavandanam, which is absurd

If you are very serious about performing santhyavanthanam , it takes atleast 20 minutes to complete it. But most of the people simly sprongle water and murmur something and say 'finished' will it have any effect? in that case it is not to perform it.

Hi,

Pls visit the site Hinduism Sanathana Dharma and Vedanta: presented by Shri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetham : kamakoti.org. It has the excerpts of Kanchi Maha Periyaval where all details reg. Sandhyavandanam are discussed in great detail. The need to do,the right age, the time and method to perform are all given in separate chapters. In my personal view, doing Sandhi is a 3-in 1 benefit; it improves health, concentration and discipline apart from the benefit of the mantras chanted. Also the Guru who imparts the 'Brahmobadesa' should have sufficient 'Gayathri' balance in his account; i.e minimum 10,000 chating he should have completed , only then he is eligible to impart the 'mantra'.

Thanks
Anamika.

Respected Gopalan sir,

With reference to the 15 minutes which you have mentioned for gayatri Mantram , i would like to know how many times Gayathri can be recited . The reason behind my query is simply borne by the fact that as per our Veda Shastrams Gayatri Mahamantram should be recited slowly with proper pronunciation , by this I mean that the mantram should be split in to 5 parts and recited mentally with a pause after ever aksharm ( Actually the mantram should be recited with proper rhytm). Out of my personal experience I can vouch for the fact that it takes me approximately 4.5 to 5 minutes to recite 12 gayathris . Again if you follow the same procedure while doing Pranayam ( you recite Gayathri in that also) and also while giving aryghyams , i beleive performing Sandhyavandanam will take minimum 30 -35 minutes assuming one recites gayathri 24 times - slowly with pause and through correct pronunciation.

Kind regards
Narayan

If you are very serious about performing santhyavanthanam , it takes atleast 20 minutes to complete it. But most of the people simly sprongle water and murmur something and say 'finished' will it have any effect? in that case it is not to perform it.

Sow. Vasumathi,

What effects, do you imagine, will accrue from doing sandhyavandanam properly?

Has anyone researched as to when sandhyavandanam got included into the dvija rituals? And also, the actual benefits of doing it regularly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back