• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sankata chaturthi poojai doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.
i AM LIVING IN A MULTI COMPLEX RESIDENTIAL APARTMENT. THERE WERE 38 HOUSES IN OUR BLOCK AND WE HAVE A VINAYAKAR TEMPLE INSIDE THE COMPLEX.

EVERY MONTH WE USE TO PERFORM SANKATA CHATURTHI POOJAI IN THE TEMPLE .

iI have certain doubts in this regard

Earlier our society president use to perform the manjal pillayar poojai, kalasa pookai and then abhishekam toi pillayar, finally alankaram and deepa arti.

whereas I found in so many temples kalasa poojai is not performed and they use to do the abhisekam and archani, alankaram directly.

I wonder why this method is adopted in our temple

Can any one help and explain me, what is the necessitie of performing kalasa poojai in temple ,if needed what are the right method to do it

You can mail me your explanation

my mail Id is [email protected]

Ramanathan

i AM LIVING IN A MULTI COMPLEX RESIDENTIAL APARTMENT. THERE WERE 38 HOUSES IN OUR BLOCK AND WE HAVE A VINAYAKAR TEMPLE INSIDE THE COMPLEX.

Earlier our society president use to perform the manjal pillayar poojai, kalasa pookai and then abhishekam toi pillayar, finally alankaram and deepa arti.

whereas I found in so many temples kalasa poojai is not performed and they use to do the abhisekam and archani, alankaram directly.

Can any one help and explain me, what is the necessitie of performing kalasa poojai in temple ,if needed what are the right method to do it

Ramanathan

Sir,

simply saying "kalasa poojai" does not help. even the home poojai involves a simple "kalasa pooja" which takes 2 or 3 minutes, and no expense other than a few tulsi leaves and a bit of chandanam and few akshatha. There is also elaborate kalasapooja with some expenditure. If you are talking about the costly one, probably the priest does it for more income.

hi
generally we do sankatahara chathurthi vinayaka abhishekam every month in our temple....we never do KALASA POOJA SEPARATELY...

but we do kalasa aradhanam is part of any pooja....we generally follow ganesha slokam ,kalasa raradhanam for abhishekam water,

panchamrta abhishekam and pradhana abhishekam with atharva sheersham /alankaram/archanai/aarathi/ mantra pushpam...

this is just info...

regards
tbs

Sir Kindly buy one book vinayaka puranam tamil tranlation book available in giri traders and also bhavani book stall station road west mambalam. chennai 33; details are there;here we are doing homam also in the evening of sankatahara chathurthy day.

Kalasa Pooja

Ramanathan
Where there is 6-time Pooja particularly in temples this is done away with as pooja is done daily on appointed time. The same cannot be the case at home where it is a choice. Kalasa pooja is an elaborate one mainly for purification purposes. The temples must be doing Kalasa poojas at decent intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back