• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sandhyavandhanam Coaching/Teaching for new upanayanam brahmachari boy

Dear Members,

We live in USA and are performing the upanayanam for our 9 year old son in India in the month of June, 2019 in Chennai. After upanayanam, we will be in Chennai for 3 weeks and then return back to US. During these three weeks, is there someone who can come to our home to teach the young brahmachari the mantrams and daily procedure to do sandhyavandanam, so that he will have some help and guidance that will enable him to continue to do this on his own after returning to US. It has to be someone who has English speaking skills and also patience to teach the child in a kind manner. We will be happy to pay for this service. We will be staying in T.Nagar and Adyar areas, so anyone who can come daily to either of these places to teach at a certain time, will be very helpful for us.

Thank you,
Anu

Sir/Madam first go through these lectures ( 10 lectures of Swami Paramarthananda ) that has been transcribed and in English and it has the details of the Sandhya Vandanam ( the Vision and the mantra details ) . Kindly read it along with your son to understand the finer points of this wonderful daily ritual .Swami Paramarthananda's explanation is very excellent . I will also share some online tools for learning the same and you need not wait for June to do this and better get some fundamentals clarified before this event takes place .I will see if anyone is willing to teach the boy on a daily basis .All the best .

Here is the link to the transcribed lectures 1-10

There is an excellent book on Sandhyavandanam with a CD/DVD published by Sri Sringeri Math which is very useful to learn Sandhyavandanam / keep doing it the right way.

Dear Members,

We live in USA and are performing the upanayanam for our 9 year old son in India in the month of June, 2019 in Chennai. After upanayanam, we will be in Chennai for 3 weeks and then return back to US. During these three weeks, is there someone who can come to our home to teach the young brahmachari the mantrams and daily procedure to do sandhyavandanam, so that he will have some help and guidance that will enable him to continue to do this on his own after returning to US. It has to be someone who has English speaking skills and also patience to teach the child in a kind manner. We will be happy to pay for this service. We will be staying in T.Nagar and Adyar areas, so anyone who can come daily to either of these places to teach at a certain time, will be very helpful for us.

Thank you,
Anu

Dear Sir,

I can be of some help. Presently, I am in U.K. staying with my daughter. I will be back in INDIA in June, 2019. I would like to know, as to when the Upanayanam is being performed and since when you need this service. A line of reply is most welcome. In India, I stay in Arcot Road, Virugambakkam.

I am contactable in the following way.

Mobile: 09444028969 [Only whatsup call upto June 2019]
email- [email protected]

Regards

S. Jayaraman

Rega

Hari: Om
Sri Gurubhyo Namah

Anu,
Talk to the Vadiyar who is going to perform the Upanayanam ceremony in India. He should and will guide you on the best way for your son to learn Sandhyavandanam in the 3 weeks you are in Chennai.
In parallel if there is anyone from the Brahmachri's appa's side who knows and/or does Sandhyavandanam please have your son learn from him as well. There are subtle differences in each family, if possible he should learn from them. There are many sources of audio, video and books available if needed (Use it as a last resort). Learning Sandhyavandanam from father or periappa/chitappa (if possible) is highly recommended.

When you guys are back in the States, the most important thing is to ensure the discipline of doing Sandhyavandanam everyday is of utmost importance.
We live in the Phoenix Valley area in Arizona and performed Upanayanam for our 2 boys last year in February at our home in Phoenix area. Depending on which area of States you live in, you should be able to find guidance here as well.

Good luck with the Upanayanam ceremony and more importantly your son's journey after the ceremony.

Jaya Jaya Shankara Hara Hara Shankara

Tks
Sandeep

Sir/Madam first go through these lectures ( 10 lectures of Swami Paramarthananda ) that has been transcribed and in English and it has the details of the Sandhya Vandanam ( the Vision and the mantra details ) . Kindly read it along with your son to understand the finer points of this wonderful daily ritual .Swami Paramarthananda's explanation is very excellent . I will also share some online tools for learning the same and you need not wait for June to do this and better get some fundamentals clarified before this event takes place .I will see if anyone is willing to teach the boy on a daily basis .All the best .

Here is the link to the transcribed lectures 1-10
Thank you very much, Krishna Sir.

There is an excellent book on Sandhyavandanam with a CD/DVD published by Sri Sringeri Math which is very useful to learn Sandhyavandanam / keep doing it the right way.
Sir
Can you please send any contact details if available? Will be thankful to you
Regards
Gowrishanker

Latest ads

Back