• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Samskrit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hari Om,

Ram Ram, Namaste. I am Rajaraman Sethuraman of Kumbakonam native and I like to share my thoughts and views in Samskrit thro this thread. I am in Chennai working in a private company. I am learning Samskrit as well as sharing my knowledge what I learnt. Those who are all interested can contact me eventhough you are in different state. No caste or creed or age is boundary here. I can guide you the nearby tutor or center whom I know.

Dhanyavadhaha,
Rajaraman

Ohm Namashivaya!

Namaskaram!

I am interested in learning the spoken samaskritam, than reading and writing. is there any one to teach me.

Sanskrit University

Bill passed in Karnataka Assembly to establish Sanskrit University

Bangalore, Mar 19 (PTI)

The Karnataka Legislative Assembly today passed a Bill which provides for establishment of a Sanskrit University in the state.

The Bill was originally titled the Karnataka Samskrita Veda Vishwavidyalaya Bill, 2009, but the government said "Veda" would be dropped when it is tabled in the Legislative Council following objection by D K Shivakumar (Congress), who argued that the study of Vedas is a separate subject.

Congress members contented that study of Sanskrit was important and needs to be promoted, but there was no need for a separate university for Sanskrit. Demanding withdrawal of the bill, they staged a walk-out.

The Bill, piloted by Higher Education Minister Aravind Limbavali, was then passed.

It seeks to encourage research in Sanskrit and in areas and disciplines connected with the language and systemise its study in the existing Sanskrit institutions in the State.

Hari Om,

Ram Ram, Namaste. I am Rajaraman Sethuraman of Kumbakonam native and I like to share my thoughts and views in Samskrit thro this thread. I am in Chennai working in a private company. I am learning Samskrit as well as sharing my knowledge what I learnt. Those who are all interested can contact me eventhough you are in different state. No caste or creed or age is boundary here. I can guide you the nearby tutor or center whom I know.

Dhanyavadhaha,
Rajaraman

I am also residing in Chennai [Nanganallur] Will you please give your contact details . In fact recently I had an opportunity to assist
people for composition and printing of Sanskrit slokams with tamil transilations [a free book by a donor ]. Will you please send your contact details phone number, cell number and email-ids etc. to my email-id [email protected] ?

=sankarcs

learning sanskrit

dear sir,

I am also interested in learning sanskrit. but I stay in Minjur. Moreover my office conditions doesn't allow regular classes. Hence if any correspondence way to learn from A,B,C,D on wards.

Mahalingam

(One more doubt, in your thread you have denoted as samskrit. but normally we write as sanskrit in English. Which is correct?)

dear sir,

I am also interested in learning sanskrit. but I stay in Minjur. Moreover my office conditions doesn't allow regular classes. Hence if any correspondence way to learn from A,B,C,D on wards.

Mahalingam

(One more doubt, in your thread you have denoted as samskrit. but normally we write as sanskrit in English. Which is correct?)

Sanskrit is how the Britisher understood and spelt what actually is (sam +s+kR^tam) samskR^tam - the polished, refined language, language formed according to strict rules, etc.

let me post this useful link for the benefit of interested persons :
Learn Sanskrit through self study

About the Lessons

The series of twelve lessons is aimed at giving the student a reasonably good introduction to the language. The student will be able to frame sentences relating to daily activities in life and thus will gain enough confidence to converse in Sanskrit though with a smaller vocabulary to begin with. The structure of the lessons is quite different from that of lessons found in conventional Sanskrit primers...

Here is an email I received today. I am publishing it for the benefit of those interested in learning Sanskrit.

dear all, Namasthe. it is great pleasure to announce the launching of a separate website for our institution.
www.kskendra. com
kindly visit and give your feed back. the enquiry may not work now at present. it will work shortly. kindly visit the download pages.
The Tamil translation of Samskrita Pushpam - 1 is available now.
Those who want kindly contact us.

[FONT=garamond, 'new york', times, serif]Dhanyavada:[/FONT]
V.C. Govindarajan,
Kalidasa-Samskrita- Kendram
18, Sannathi Street,
Madurantakam, Kanchipuram district,
Tamil Nadu, India. Postal Code 603 306.
Ph: +91-98404-00336, 97909-87100
www.kskendra. com[FONT='times new roman', 'new york', times, serif]http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/kalidasa/[/FONT]

The site is viewable and damn good. Registrations for online learning is open and looks like classes will begin by this month end. Those interested can view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back