• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Saligrama stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Shri Sangom, as I have already stated I would prefer a world run mostly by women. At the very least such a world can be no worse than what we have now, and I would wager, if I were a betting man, it will be a lot better place.

Further, it is my considered opinion that a society that does not allow equality for women beyond the home can never provide equality at home. The societies where inequality is practiced beyond the threshold of one’s own home are the ones where women enjoy even worse inequality at home. Unfortunately, such societies still exist in this world, such as Saudi Arabia, and I am willing to profess faith in the non-existent god if that is the only way I can avoid living in such a society.

Not practicing equality at home is a matter of mutual agreement, but to allow such discrimination in the public sphere can never be tolerated in a free and liberal society, and that is my considered opinion.

best, Dileepan

Dear Shri Dileepan,

I believe that male and female can never be equal, because Nature, a much stronger force than all the feminists and all the pro-feminist masculines (?!) put together. Man and woman have been created, or, they have evolved, as complementary like the yin & yang, socket & cylinder, the engine & the piston, like the slot in the jigsaw puzzle in which pieces fit and give rise to the pre-planned image. Hence, what best can be hoped is that neither man nor woman is exploited by the other gender (sex). And this can be done with maximum efficiency only within the four borders of a household, not in the outside world.

In today's India women want equality when it suits them and regress back in a moment to the gentle femininity cover when that suits. I find this a very dangerous trend.

One very recent example may suffice: Indian Railways advertised for the posts of trackmen/trackwoman and in the job advertisement itself explained that the job involves inspecting railway tracks of up to 10 kms or so by walk, including at night time. The advertisement so asked women to apply only if they were willing to accept this condition. Many girls/young women applied and about 2000 were selected, including a large % of females. Having joined the job, all these women now refuse to work night shift and want that to be given exclusively to trackmen only.

There can be arguments for and against this, but it brings out clearly that women cannot ask for "equality" outside the home. I believe that.

Last edited:
...I believe that male and female can never be equal, because Nature, a much stronger force ...
Dear Shri. Sangom, you are now defining equality in physical terms. If this definition is accepted, i.e. equality based on cylinders and pistons, even the equality you speak of inside the confines of one's own home is untenable, women don't get physically strong the moment they enter the privacy of their homes, neither do the cylinders and pistons become all cylinders or all pistons once inside. Anyone can see the absurdity of this and that is because of the way you are defining equality.

The equality I speak of is the equality of rights to a range of freedoms, including, but not limited to equal rights to education, pursuit of career, free speech rights, political rights, economic rights, social rights, etc., etc. A society that cannot afford these rights in equal measure to women at least in theory is a backward society and such a society may as well go extinct.

...Many girls/young women applied and about 2000 were selected, including a large % of females. Having joined the job, all these women now refuse to work night shift and want that to be given exclusively to trackmen only.
I am with the girls on this one. Women have equal rights to these jobs. That equality must not be curtailed because of their physical inequality. The government must provide adequate security for all the workers so that both men and women feel safe doing the job.

I have lots of nieces and nephews in India and I keep in touch with them. The contrast I see in their opinions and the opinions of the older people is really very encouraging. The India they will live in and shape is not going to be a backward society. Equal rights to women that are guaranteed by law will be cherished as a good thing by the next generation.

best, Dileepan

Folks,

I personally think that there are gender differences, in terms of capabilities. This is why, I am not a great supporter of mixing genders in most of the Sports. Women will lose. We can say the same about fields where women excel, like fine work that is intricate.

'Equality' is a loaded term. It does not mean that men and women carry 'equal' load in all aspects of life. To me this term means that women have as equal a chance a man has to play in the society, in whichever field she chooses to endeavor, of course taking in to consideration the limitations imposed by gender constraints as described above. Same applies to men, and has been a long time in a lot of societies, with sound endorsements. As the society has become open to women to perform work that were once solely performed by men, the 'equality' issue is at hand.

Only women can decide what is 'equality'. If they protest, we know that there is no 'equality'. And we need to listen to that, without imposing our own 'liberated western views on equality'. But the freedom of choice should always be there.

Regards,
KRS
Mr. KRSji,
Equality of sexes does not mean that women have to use men's bathroom. LPGA and YWCA will maintain their separate identity, similarly all sports will have separate category.
It just means that there should not be any glass ceiling, or that women should not be treated as 2nd class citizen. When old men talk of keeping women outside the house for the "periods" that is bad. We should be above that.

Last edited:
I agree with post#52.
It is not understanding the word "equality". Equality is not cutting down everybody to same size. It is equal opportunity, that too not just lip service.

Last edited:
Dear Shri. Sangom, you are now defining equality in physical terms. If this definition is accepted, i.e. equality based on cylinders and pistons, even the equality you speak of inside the confines of one's own home is untenable, women don't get physically strong the moment they enter the privacy of their homes, neither do the cylinders and pistons become all cylinders or all pistons once inside. Anyone can see the absurdity of this and that is because of the way you are defining equality.

The equality I speak of is the equality of rights to a range of freedoms, including, but not limited to equal rights to education, pursuit of career, free speech rights, political rights, economic rights, social rights, etc., etc. A society that cannot afford these rights in equal measure to women at least in theory is a backward society and such a society may as well go extinct.

I am with the girls on this one. Women have equal rights to these jobs. That equality must not be curtailed because of their physical inequality. The government must provide adequate security for all the workers so that both men and women feel safe doing the job.

I have lots of nieces and nephews in India and I keep in touch with them. The contrast I see in their opinions and the opinions of the older people is really very encouraging. The India they will live in and shape is not going to be a backward society. Equal rights to women that are guaranteed by law will be cherished as a good thing by the next generation.

best, Dileepan

Well said.

K. Kumar

Folks,

I personally think that there are gender differences, in terms of capabilities. This is why, I am not a great supporter of mixing genders in most of the Sports. Women will lose. We can say the same about fields where women excel, like fine work that is intricate.

'Equality' is a loaded term. It does not mean that men and women carry 'equal' load in all aspects of life. To me this term means that women have as equal a chance a man has to play in the society, in whichever field she chooses to endeavor, of course taking in to consideration the limitations imposed by gender constraints as described above. Same applies to men, and has been a long time in a lot of societies, with sound endorsements. As the society has become open to women to perform work that were once solely performed by men, the 'equality' issue is at hand.

Only women can decide what is 'equality'. If they protest, we know that there is no 'equality'. And we need to listen to that, without imposing our own 'liberated western views on equality'. But the freedom of choice should always be there.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Shri Dileepan,

I believe that male and female can never be equal, because Nature, a much stronger force than all the feminists and all the pro-feminist masculines (?!) put together. Man and woman have been created, or, they have evolved, as complimenatry like the yin & yang, socket & cylinder, the engine & the piston, like the slot in the jigsaw puzzle in which pieces fit and give rise to the pre-planned image. Hence, what best can be hoped is that neither man nor woman is exploited by the other gender (sex). And this can be done with maximum efficiency only within the four borders of a household, not in the outside world.

In today's India women want equality when it suits them and regress back in a moment to the gentle femininity cover when that suits. I find this a very dangerous trend.

One very recent example may suffice: Indian Railways advertised for the posts of trackmen/trackwoman and in the job advertisement itself explained that the job involves inspecting railway tracks of up to 10 kms or so by walk, including at night time. The advertisement so asked women to apply only if they were willing to accept this condition. Many girls/young women applied and about 2000 were selected, including a large % of females. Having joined the job, all these women now refuse to work night shift and want that to be given exclusively to trackmen only.

There can be arguments for and against this, but it brings out clearly that women cannot ask for "equality" outside the home. I believe that.
Can Apples and Oranges be compared for 'equality' ?? Each has its (own) nutritive value, distinct usage in culinary, taste, etc. In effect, each has its own value or capability. Apples cannot decide what value or capability Oranges have, and what 'equality' should be for them. Same applies vice-versa. How can one speak of 'equality' where the question does not even apply.

As for the Indian Railways example, ability to perform is different from the question of safety. Freedom to choose and ability to perfom is totally different from the question of safety. Safety is every human's birthright, irrespective of gender.

All men are not physically strong, some get tired easily irrespective of size, some have lesser muscle mass than women, some are effeminate, some dislike physical labour...Similarly all women are not physically weak. Broadly defining the sexes, and generalizing with terms such as "can never be equal", may be a nonsequitur.

Sangom ji is right when he said this:

"In today's India women want equality when it suits them and regress back in a moment to the gentle femininity cover when that suits."

Its not only in India but happens all over the world!

I dont know about other women but to a certain extent I feel as a woman we can play a nice dual game...in the sense..never really define your self and your capabilities...so that we can swing back forth from being a liberated woman and being a damsel in distress whenever the situations warrants.

A man cant afford to do that...he has to be a raw male and no chance of him being a dude in distress!LOL

I love being a woman!

Last edited:
Sangom ji is right when he said this:

"In today's India women want equality when it suits them and regress back in a moment to the gentle femininity cover when that suits."

Its not only in India but happens all over the world!

I dont know about other women but to a certain extent I feel as a woman we can play a nice dual game...in the sense..never really define your self and your capabilities...so that we can swing back forth from being a liberated woman and being a damsel in distress whenever the situations warrants.

A man cant afford to do that...he has to be a raw male and no chance of him being a dude in distress!LOL

I love being a woman!
Unfortunately Renu, since some women are the sort who take advantage of being a woman thus, the other women (who are not like this) get a raw deal too. I feel, it is best to avoid generalization. From the evolution pov, women got less nutrition than men due to various social and cultural reasons. But that is not the case now in specific societies across the world, so women are getting physically stronger. In fact, abundance of food in the post-industrilaized world has changed people in certain places. A simple case in example are the Japanese who are now much taller than their predecessors before the WW II.

Unfortunately Renu, since some women are the sort who take advantage of being a woman thus, the other women (who are not like this) get a raw deal too. I feel, it is best to avoid generalization. From the evolution pov, women got less nutrition than men due to various social and cultural reasons. But that is not the case now in specific societies across the world, so women are getting physically stronger. In fact, abundance of food in the post-industrilaized world has changed people in certain places. A simple case in example are the Japanese who are now much taller than their predecessors before the WW II.

Dear Palindrome,

Agreed with what you wrote...my post was sort of light hearted..cos I am equally guilty of playing Damsel In Distress from time to time.

You see at the airport if we are travelling alone and sometimes removing a bag from the conveyor belt might not be an easy task for a woman...so that is the time to play Damsel in Distress and some guy will come forward to help.

Frankly speaking both men and women need each other for survival...tell me which man or woman does not like to be pampered from time to time??

The relationship between Men and Women as Humans would be sweet, mesmerizing, captivating, exciting, emotional and heartily contented with warmth Only when both feel and have dependency on each other. Otherwise, it will all be robotic and lifeless.

In fact, many downplay themselves deliberately, only to be dependable for some thing/on some occasion with a sole motive of experiencing and relishing the joy that are achieved when such dependency are cared with love.

Women being like men cannot be equated to women being equal to men. This is in fact puts men on a higher pedestal and the basic premise that men and women are really equal is undermined. The real equality is in giving each equal importance. Let the respective qualities of both men and women be recognized as equally necessary in a society. Thus to rephrase what Sangom Ji said, men and women can never be alike. But they are equal.

Dear Palindrome,

Agreed with what you wrote...my post was sort of light hearted..cos I am equally guilty of playing Damsel In Distress from time to time.

You see at the airport if we are travelling alone and sometimes removing a bag from the conveyor belt might not be an easy task for a woman...so that is the time to play Damsel in Distress and some guy will come forward to help.

Frankly speaking both men and women need each other for survival...tell me which man or woman does not like to be pampered from time to time??
I agree Renu. We all like to be pampered.

As for my experiences...each time someone offers to haul or remove cabin baggage i say thanks, i can do it. But there are times when i really cannot do it and i seek or accept help. Sometimes i pay a airport handler to remove baggage from the conveyor belt, sometimes i do it myself, but there are times when a guy would haul out a suitcase without being requested...

But guess what Renu, nowadays guys are not so chivalrous anymore. The last time i saw an elderly lady asking a guy in front of her to remove her suitcase, he did not do it. The next time the suitcase came around, we both removed it together (i cud not have done it alone).

Am also told the days when guys opened doors for a female, held the chair for her till she sat, have totally disappered.

Women being like men cannot be equated to women being equal to men. This is in fact puts men on a higher pedestal and the basic premise that men and women are really equal is undermined. The real equality is in giving each equal importance. Let the respective qualities of both men and women be recognized as equally necessary in a society. Thus to rephrase what Sangom Ji said, men and women can never be alike. But they are equal.

Dear Sravna,

Yes you are right...truly none of us women want to be like men..not many suffer from
Pe**s Envy.

We just want equality in opportunities in terms of:

1)Existence...I am starting from the word existence..

Out here we are allowed to reveal gender of fetus to parents cos no one aborts female fetuses and parents want to know the gender of the fetus to buy either boy clothes or girl clothes for the baby.

But many a times I see people disappointed when they have a girl as their 1st child and many take a deep sigh like breath!
And those who are trying for sons get even more disappointed when the subsequent child is also a girl..but since out here no one aborts female fetuses..so the disappointment is just short lived.

But those who are hoping for a baby girl do not get as disappointed when they have a string of baby boys and keep laughing "OMG a boy again..ha ha ha...no girls yet"

So you see a female is not even welcomed happily even at conception. Why??

2)Studies and education.

I have noted many Indian parents out here prefer to save for their sons education and not for their daughters education as much.

So girls are given less priority for tertiary education.

3)Religion.

Religion tends to be gender biased and restrict females from even acquiring religious knowledge even though the trend is changing.

I have even met people who have told me that a female should not even recite the gayatri mantra and a good Hindu wife should be one who obeys her husband and not be eager to gain spiritual knowledge.

This mind set has to change..just becos a female leaks hemoglobin every month that does not make her impure to gain religious knowledge..sometimes it seems that the very religion that says Aham Brahmaasmi and that the body is just a garment tends to put overemphasis on bodily differences..Cakap Tak Serupa Bikin(what is preached is different from what is practiced)

Religious texts tend to look down upon women..saying they take you away from the path of truth..they are dirty, dumb,lusty etc and should be looked at with disgust in order for a male to ascend the higher planes of existence.

All this thinking should go...when we hate something we only make a new barrier for our selves...why cant religious text teach men on the spiritual path to visualize every woman not as Kamini but as Mother??

3)Freedom to choose and to reject.

Freedom to chose and reject..as females sometimes there is a lot of pressure put by society to behave according to rules set by males...this is what that makes females rebel and become feminist like the male chauvinist.
So we end up having 2 warring groups that are not productive in any way to society.

So a female should be given the freedom to choose and reject what she feels is the best for her.

This is all the equality I am concerned about.

Last edited:
I agree Renu. We all like to be pampered.

As for my experiences...each time someone offers to haul or remove cabin baggage i say thanks, i can do it. But there are times when i really cannot do it and i seek or accept help. Sometimes i pay a airport handler to remove baggage from the conveyor belt, sometimes i do it myself, but there are times when a guy would haul out a suitcase without being requested...

But guess what Renu, nowadays guys are not so chivalrous anymore. The last time i saw an elderly lady asking a guy in front of her to remove her suitcase, he did not do it. The next time the suitcase came around, we both removed it together (i cud not have done it alone).

Am also told the days when guys opened doors for a female, held the chair for her till she sat, have totally disappered.

Dear Palindrome,

But as much as like being pampered...I also feel our male counterparts should be pampered and helped.

I dont see anything wrong in a female holding a door for a male.

I too have held doors for males who are carrying loads and unable to open the door.

I have made drinks for workers who come to outside house to do some repair road works.

I have also actually helped a small sized man once who was having trouble with his bag at the airport.

So that way it is gender equality.

Last edited:
Dear Palindrome,

But as much as like being pampered...I also feel our male counterparts should be pampered and helped.

I dont see anything wrong in a female holding a door for a male.

I too have held doors for males who are carrying loads and unable to open the door.

I have made drinks for workers who come to outside house to do some repair road works.

I have also actually helped a small sized man once who was having trouble with his bag at the airport.

So that way it is gender equality.

Why to worry about gender equality? Lets first worry about humanity. A woman can help and please a man and a man can do the same to a women. Needs are same for all the humans and all can extend help to each other as the situation demands. Male and Female are just two different forms of energies and both as humans do have their sense of giving and accepting love and compassion.

Sangomji,

You are wrong. I am a 100% tambram and proud of the lineage and traditions.

Perhaps you have an agenda to restart the BB axis of yester years and want to renew bonds with the 'gang'. No problem. Don't throw wildly, as results may be unpredictable.

My salutations to you, dear Dileepan, though you are younger in age!

I also felt the same way about Shri Sarang's post. But then I thought that perhaps he is not a tabra, nor even a hindu, but a Muslim trolling here successfully, ubidentified, because, he knows many things about hinduism.

As a muslim, it is but natural that he believes you are a worst (read, atheistic) "kaffir" and by throwing stones at you, he earns merit before Allaah.

I left it at that.

Dear Sravna,

Yes you are right...truly none of us women want to be like men..not many suffer from
Pe**s Envy.

We just want equality in opportunities in terms of:

1)Existence...I am starting from the word existence..

Out here we are allowed to reveal gender of fetus to parents cos no one aborts female fetuses and parents want to know the gender of the fetus to buy either boy clothes or girl clothes for the baby.

But many a times I see people disappointed when they have a girl as their 1st child and many take a deep sigh like breath!
And those who are trying for sons get even more disappointed when the subsequent child is also a girl..but since out here no one aborts female fetuses..so the disappointment is just short lived.

But those who are hoping for a baby girl do not get as disappointed when they have a string of baby boys and keep laughing "OMG a boy again..ha ha ha...no girls yet"

So you see a female is not even welcomed happily even at conception. Why??

2)Studies and education.

I have noted many Indian parents out here prefer to save for their sons education and not for their daughters education as much.

So girls are given less priority for tertiary education.

3)Religion.

Religion tends to be gender biased and restrict females from even acquiring religious knowledge even though the trend is changing.

I have even met people who have told me that a female should not even recite the gayatri mantra and a good Hindu wife should be one who obeys her husband and not be eager to gain spiritual knowledge.

This mind set has to change..just becos a female leaks hemoglobin every month that does not make her impure to gain religious knowledge..sometimes it seems that the very religion that says Aham Brahmaasmi and that the body is just a garment tends to put overemphasis on bodily differences..Cakap Tak Serupa Bikin(what is preached is different from what is practiced)

Religious texts tend to look down upon women..saying they take you away from the path of truth..they are dirty, dumb,lusty etc and should be looked at with disgust in order for a male to ascend the higher planes of existence.

All this thinking should go...when we hate something we only make a new barrier for our selves...why cant religious text teach men on the spiritual path to visualize every woman not as Kamini but as Mother??

3)Freedom to choose and to reject.

Freedom to chose and reject..as females sometimes there is a lot of pressure put by society to behave according to rules set by males...this is what that makes females rebel and become feminist like the male chauvinist.
So we end up having 2 warring groups that are not productive in any way to society.

So a female should be given the freedom to choose and reject what she feels is the best for her.

This is all the equality I am concerned about.

dear Renuka madam,

I appreciate the maturity that you possess. Your post took me back to the days when as a young school going boy I had watched helplessly the travails of a widow who was adopted by my family. She did not have any one to support here and did not have the necessary education to get employed. She lost her husband at the very young age shortly after her marriage. She was a friend of me who would teach me my lessons of life. She was the work horse for the family voluntarily taking up every chore in the home as if it is her natural duty. In the night before sleeping she would tell me to recite Azhwar's pachchaimaamalai pol meni from Thirumaalai but she would herself recite loudly oorilen kaaniyillai and manaththilo thuymaiyillai pasurams from the same Thirumalai and end it with a soulful Aanaikku moksham kuduththaye intha anaathaikku moksham kuduppaya. Yes I fully agree with the sentiments you have expressed. I have lived my life so far giving full and maximum freedom (who am I to give it?) and respect to every female I have come across. Women are great beings on earth without whom men will be just stupid morons panting and fretting carrying their huge egos. Than ks

Going back to the main thread, the Vishnu statue at Badrinath is made of Shaligram stone

Please read this article

Source-Times of India dated 3rd July 2013

Where Vishnu’s penance never ends

Swati Mathur | TNN

Badrinath: Legend has it that Vishnu, protector and keeper of the Universe, is still performing penance at Badrinath. His presence, embodied in a 2.75-foot ‘shalikgram’ stone statue and a Tapt kund — a sulphur spring – flowing from under his feet, are proof he’s here.

Jai Badri Vishal is the one mantra they chant here. Badri Narayan’s pull is enormous. If Dwarika, Rameshwaram and Jagannath promise devotees dharm, shanti and shuddhi, at Badrinath, one finds Moksha. Badrinath temple high priest Dharmadhikari Bhuvan Uniyal says: “Thousands of years ago, the Gods gathered here each year for an audience with Vishnu. One year, Vishnu didn’t appear. Declaring this as Vishnu’s seat of penance, creator of the Universe Brahma said Vishnu would continue to be worshipped here. Years later, towards the end of the ‘dwapar’ era, Adi Shankaracharya installed a statue of Badrinath, after he found it in the middle of the Narad Kund, a lake below the Badrinath shrine.”

Several attempts, local priests say, to destroy the Badri Narayan statue have failed. Each time, a divine power has saved it. It’s reinstated, each time, after the Gods send out divine messages to Vishnu’s disciples, instructing them where to find the statue.

In many ways, the Badrinath pilgrimage is unique. Vishnu is believed to have descended to earth in the form of saints – Nar and Narayan – to perform penance. In his human avatar, as Nar, he is worshipped between May and November. For the remaining period, Vishnnu, as Badrinath, takes on his divine form and is worshipped by Narada. A statue of Vishnu’s friend, Uddhav, is ferried to Pandukeshwar, where it stays until the next Nar puja. There’s also a tradition for appointing the Badrinath high priest. Believed to have been started by Adi Shankaracharya, the task of looking after Badri Vishal’s statue is given to Rawal Namboodri Brahmins from Kerala. These Brahmins even today work as the highest temple priests.

Sangomji,

You are wrong. I am a 100% tambram and proud of the lineage and traditions.

Perhaps you have an agenda to restart the BB axis of yester years and want to renew bonds with the 'gang'. No problem. Don't throw wildly, as results may be unpredictable.

Shri Sarang,

All of us, including Shri Dileepan, have our lineage and there was the so-called tradition also till our times. In my case, I also followed those traditions for most part of my life and then it slowly dawned on me that even what goes under the label "traditions" have undergone vast changes over periods of time. Hence, I am not having any difficulty in differing with Shri Dileepan on some topics while I agree with him on some others. The same holds good w.r.t. most other members here. Thus, there is no "gang" here for anything.

But, on the contrary, you seem to have many misconceptions about traditions and you try to champion all your (mis)conceptions as the pure, unspoilt tabra essence. In this ludicrous attempt of yours, you are unable to see any humanitarian approach and that is possibly what made you post this one as also this reply to myself.

FYKI I have no agenda nor any gang. I will continue to express my honest views on various topics here. And most of us, others here, all know, by now, what kind of illusory world you seem to be living in.

Any way my ASeervAdams to you will always be there, OK.!;)

Some basics. Sanatana dharma is like a big banyan tree, with a big trunk, spread out branches, all encompassing, aerial roots and lot more. There are variations in traditions and practices of say - vadakalai, thenkalai, mandyam, hebbar iyengars or palakkadu and chidambarm iyers. What you don't realise perhaps is every group respects others and do not belittle or abuse. Of course, in the dharmic tree, branches, sub branches, and leaves change, grow or fall without affecting the main trunk. So your (mis)understanding or discontinuation of some all does not in any way affect the main core. Of course traditions and practices change with place and time, and this was also approved by manu. What is not acceptable is criticism and degrading comments of somebody else's practices, which do not affect you directly. There is a core part and a peripheral part in the traditions followed by all varnas, jatis and to please you, castes. As far as I am concerned, abusing or bad mouthing of brahmin community, its traditions and scriptures is condemnable and merits a response. That does not make a spokesman of the tambram community which is diverse and meritorious. Are you a chosen representative of agnostic community when you do lose talk of scriptures, krishna and other deities worshiped by a large section of hindu society, tambrams included.

Such a violent expletive for this observation "With asirvadam at one end and know all ex vaishnava at the other end, life is jingalala! Brahmins too are becoming clever; they do what their gurus and acharyas approve. All born brahmins may not get 100% marks, but many get the golden median. Practising brahmins can and will decide what is necessary and sufficient. They will support and eulogize and respect and follow those worth following." points to ganging and abusing without rational thinking. I feel, your outburst is because of feeling left out. I will amend the key observation.

"With asirvadam at one end and know all ex vaishnava at the other end and every shade of agnostics in between, life is jingalala!"

Jingalala means celebration and enjoyment in Tatasky advertisements; it is not a derogatory one.

Shri Sarang,

All of us, including Shri Dileepan, have our lineage and there was the so-called tradition also till our times. In my case, I also followed those traditions for most part of my life and then it slowly dawned on me that even what goes under the label "traditions" have undergone vast changes over periods of time. Hence, I am not having any difficulty in differing with Shri Dileepan on some topics while I agree with him on some others. The same holds good w.r.t. most other members here. Thus, there is no "gang" here for anything.

But, on the contrary, you seem to have many misconceptions about traditions and you try to champion all your (mis)conceptions as the pure, unspoilt tabra essence. In this ludicrous attempt of yours, you are unable to see any humanitarian approach and that is possibly what made you post this one as also this reply to myself.

FYKI I have no agenda nor any gang. I will continue to express my honest views on various topics here. And most of us, others here, all know, by now, what kind of illusory world you seem to be living in.

Any way my ASeervAdams to you will always be there, OK.!;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back