• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Saga Gothram marriages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me out - Same Gothram Marriage
Dear all ,

I am a Tamil Bhramin and i have been in love with a Telugu Bhramin girl for the past 7 years ( I am 23 now). !!!

We both are in the United states and we are unfortunately of the same gothram . My side has accepted our marriage but there is a lot of resistance from her side. The only reason that they quote is the same gothram marriage. We belong to Srivasta gothram.

I have been doing a lot of research on this and found out the origin of gothram and With all due respect to our ancestors , i think this is misconceived by a lot of bhramins.

My question is Is it true that if you are marrying a girl of the same gothra but of a different community ( i.e telugu to tamil in my case) the gothra concept is not valid..

Secondly , the only reason that her parents state is that they would not be allowed to participate in any of the wedding ceremony , is that true??? i know that the kanya Dhanam part would not be done by them , but is it true that they would not be allowed to participate in any of the wedding ceremony ???

Any feedback would be very very helpful..

Help me out - Same Gothram Marriage
Dear all ,

I am a Tamil Bhramin and i have been in love with a Telugu Bhramin girl for the past 7 years ( I am 23 now). !!!

We both are in the United states and we are unfortunately of the same gothram . My side has accepted our marriage but there is a lot of resistance from her side. The only reason that they quote is the same gothram marriage. We belong to Srivasta gothram.

I have been doing a lot of research on this and found out the origin of gothram and With all due respect to our ancestors , i think this is misconceived by a lot of bhramins.

My question is Is it true that if you are marrying a girl of the same gothra but of a different community ( i.e telugu to tamil in my case) the gothra concept is not valid..

Secondly , the only reason that her parents state is that they would not be allowed to participate in any of the wedding ceremony , is that true??? i know that the kanya Dhanam part would not be done by them , but is it true that they would not be allowed to participate in any of the wedding ceremony ???

Any feedback would be very very helpful..

Please avoid sagothra marriages to the extent possible.Nothing more can be said on this.

All brahmins irrespective of their regional/language affiliations hail from the same set of Rishis/Gotra lineage and there is no doubt about this.

Telugu brahmins respect Gothram very much. Recently I attended a telugu brahmin marriage at Hyderabad where Gothrams of both boy and girl were pronounced loundly to the audience thrice by the priests who performed the marriage just before the marriage. The significance is there is no objection from the audience .

I am not surprised by the objection of the girl's family hailing from telugu origin objecting to the marriage.

Since it is a faith carried for generations, there is no need for any scientific verification

All the best

dude,

There are many verbal wars going on in our Brahmin society on this issue...

Your are one of those warriors and now it's your turn....

As Sri kunjuppu ji has stated, there are enough discussions on this topic in previous threads. Don't get confused dude....All the best.

Last edited:
There is a way to solve this . The giril's maternal uncle can adopt her. So that the Gothram is being converted, then the uncle can perform the kanyadhanam. This had been done in a marrige at Coimbatore some25 years ago, with the blessings of our Acharya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back