• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

rohan lakshmi wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

Narayana Murthy's son weds TVS-TAFE heiress

i hope atleast a few of our members got invited to this one.

i did not. even though i am removed by only one degree of separation from these folks. oh well!!

our orthodox would disapprove - based on many many threads, many many postings here.

the bride is the byproduct of an iyer iyengar union. the groom is a kannadiga brahmin (not sure of the sub sub categories).

a truly indian phenomenon.

i wish the young couple well.

on behalf of this forum? :)

i did not. even though i am removed by only one degree of separation from these folks. oh well!!

our orthodox would disapprove - based on many many threads, many many postings here.

the bride is the byproduct of an iyer iyengar union. the groom is a kannadiga brahmin (not sure of the sub sub categories).

on behalf of this forum? :)

Kunjs..

Why would anyone want to disprove here?

As I see is Iyer(Brahmin)+Iyengar(Brahmin)=Bride

Kannada Brahmin Groom.

Groom(Brahmin)+Bride(Brahmin)= Brahmin only..

So its Brahmin phenomenon only..Inter Brahmanical Marriage.

on behalf of this forum?
I never realized Mallika Srinivasan of TAFE ( a tambram of tirunelveli stock of Simpson Anantharama Iyer) was married into the TVS Family. Then this is a story of one of my ancestor's blood.
Now I can also claim to be a long distant relation of NR Murthy. But not having direct connections with either family I better make such claims only in this forum.:(
World is a small small place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kunjs..

Why would anyone want to disprove here?

As I see is Iyer(Brahmin)+Iyengar(Brahmin)=Bride

Kannada Brahmin Groom.

Groom(Brahmin)+Bride(Brahmin)= Brahmin only..

So its Brahmin phenomenon only..Inter Brahmanical Marriage.

Dear Dr. Renuka Karthikeyan,

You are correct, it is an inter Brahminical Wedding. The Groom is a Madhwa Brahmin.
Just for information, It a less known fact that Sri Ramanuja (Ilaya Perumal) was a Smartha (Vadama) by birth and his first Guru was Advaithic Sanyasi Yadava Prakasa of Tiruputkuzhi.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I never realized Mallika Srinivasan of TAFE ( a tambram of tirunelveli stock of Simpson Anantharama Iyer) was married into the TVS Family. Then this is a story of one of my ancestor's blood.
Now I can also claim to be a long distant relation of NR Murthy. But not having direct connections with either family I better make such claims only in this forum.:(
World is a small small place.

i am related to jesudoss. yes. true. :) nowadays, it is a source of pride in my famiily. nobody cares about religion. i guess.

i am related to jesudoss. yes. true. :) nowadays, it is a source of pride in my famiily. nobody cares about religion. i guess.
Anantharama Iyer was an orthodox Iyer mostly surrounded by his tirunelveli relatives. A person particular about subsect and nativity(tirunelveli) , today his descedant has transcended the language barrior. How time flies!

But what a man he was - from the position of an accountant he rose to be the partner of a british company and became a leading industrialist. As usually happens with great men, some of the relatives who surrounded him, carried more of that panakarra jambam. My poor relation associated with their relatives was rarely allowed to come even near the house, he was not good enough for their society, I guess. May be Anantharama Iyer was a good man, but I am sure his relations who attained the grace, no means by their own effort, are not much to speak about.

subbudu,

Amalgamations has not done as well as the tvs group.

In early 1970s, I ‘worked’ as an unpaid intern at Simpsons for one summer. Now this is an engine manufacturing facility.

There were 2 english supervisors overall. All the white collar jobs were held by Brahmins (same in tvs of old, I am told). But there was not even ONE graduate engineer.

When asked about this, we were told, that they just produce the engine per british specifications. They have no interest or curiosity in trying to adapt it to Indian conditions or innovate on the engine for better performance or any such thing. Such absolute lack of identification with the machinery and also an aversion to going on the shop floor!

The management had their own mess hall and would not mingle with or eat with the union labour. Which is bad. Not done in japan or in the west.

Hopefully, amalgamations is run better today with sivasailam gone. He was not a great innovator either, but atleast he did not run down the company like other conglomorates like shriram group of delhi.

renu,

i am thinking this more a national integration marriage.

once you cross the boundary of iyer (atleast to me) you are marrying out of caste. we extend the definition, nowadays to include iyengars, madhwas as folks of the same kind.

only in this forum, you might have read the heated debates surrounding the swayamvaram, where folks were particular even to the matching of sub sub castes.

well also this is a love marriage. as a romantic, i love all love marriages. :)

i wish the young couple a satisfying, contended, peaceful and healthy life together. :)

renu,

i am thinking this more a national integration marriage.

once you cross the boundary of iyer (atleast to me) you are marrying out of caste. we extend the definition, nowadays to include iyengars, madhwas as folks of the same kind.

only in this forum, you might have read the heated debates surrounding the swayamvaram, where folks were particular even to the matching of sub sub castes.

well also this is a love marriage. as a romantic, i love all love marriages. :)

i wish the young couple a satisfying, contended, peaceful and healthy life together. :)

Kunjs..

I cant remember names but when i was in college there was a fellow batch mate whose sister married some scion of TVS..I dont know which one of the TVS... they met in USA as the girl was a Keralite Nair from USA(Citizen).
I remember seeing the wedding pics.
I know the girls name but i dont want to write it here.
Both families were happy and there was no objection and the girl was non veg only at that time.

Last edited:
subbudu,

Amalgamations has not done as well as the tvs group.

In early 1970s, I ‘worked’ as an unpaid intern at Simpsons for one summer. Now this is an engine manufacturing facility.

There were 2 english supervisors overall. All the white collar jobs were held by Brahmins (same in tvs of old, I am told). But there was not even ONE graduate engineer.

When asked about this, we were told, that they just produce the engine per british specifications. They have no interest or curiosity in trying to adapt it to Indian conditions or innovate on the engine for better performance or any such thing. Such absolute lack of identification with the machinery and also an aversion to going on the shop floor!

The management had their own mess hall and would not mingle with or eat with the union labour. Which is bad. Not done in japan or in the west.

Hopefully, amalgamations is run better today with sivasailam gone. He was not a great innovator either, but atleast he did not run down the company like other conglomorates like shriram group of delhi.
I was reading the news items on the marriage of Lakshmi and Rohan. I also had read about the marriage of Narayana Murthy and Lakshmi's parents. What a sharp contrast. Narayana Murthy had a very simple marriage coming from middle class means. His sambandis and children come from a rich background and lot of money to spend and a very lavish wedding at that.

I can understand the tambram's preoccupation with Vaideekam. I fail to understand why such supposedly enlightened people, who should show the way for others, must have such lavish weddings which have components no way connected to the actual rituals. Is it that there is too much black money floating around?

subbudu,

i dont understand these rich tambram guys.

i am waiting for the first wedding announcement, where the wedding will be at home or temple or registered.

no reception. all money will be donated for charities.

what an impression that will make. these idiots dont appear to understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back