• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rituals for the dead during covid times

Are there any guidelines on how we can perform Shradham for someone who just died during covid? Especially now with so many cases.

Most of the rituals when someone dies involve either a Homam or removing mask for Aachamanam.

Is there a workaround that we have? Like say maybe doing the rituals later on once things settle down or doing a simple tarpanam at home? I even read somewhere that we could offer something to a cow instead.

I am asking since a relative of mine is in very critical condition and though I pray to God for his recovery, I have figured out from his wife that his chances are survival are slim.

Are there any guidelines on how we can perform Shradham for someone who just died during covid? Especially now with so many cases.

Most of the rituals when someone dies involve either a Homam or removing mask for Aachamanam.

Is there a workaround that we have? Like say maybe doing the rituals later on once things settle down or doing a simple tarpanam at home? I even read somewhere that we could offer something to a cow instead.

I am asking since a relative of mine is in very critical condition and though I pray to God for his recovery, I have figured out from his wife that his chances are survival are slim.
Lets wait and see if he recovers.
Dont plan for death yet when it hasnt occured yet.
I am not speaking from emotions..I tell my patients the same too...dont think of death when it hasnt occured yet.

Latest ads

Back