• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rise and fall: Retail chain Subhiksha founder Subramanian arrested Subramanian was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life's lessons alone can teach them.

True .I have stopped advising my friends and relatives unless they specifically ask for and allow them to burn their fingers and learn themselves and when they come to me later and ask why I nver warned them ,I tell them politely that they were too intoxiacted in what they were doing and even if God came in font of them and warned them not to do they would not have listened and so best they learn themselves buring their fingers .

I don't think these are valid reasons. What one old Tabra told me about 50 years ago is to the point: "கல்லாப்பெட்டீலெ விழறதெல்லாம் லாபம்னு நெனச்சுக்குவா, பிராம்மணாளும், அவங்க வீட்டுக்காறாளும்; பின்னெ பிஸினஸ் எப்படி வளரும்?"
(Rough and ready translation: Tabras and their families think all cash collections represent profit; then how can any business grow?)

Another reason is that brahmins getting a loan from another brahmin, is usually very unconcerned about repayment unless the lender can inflict sufficient punishment on the borrower. So, usually brahmins who know the ways of the world will not come forward to financially help another.

I am talking about unity among Iyers and not business ethics.

There is a saying about Bs business mind : 'PAPPANUKKU PAL VYAPARUM KOODA VARADHU' - Bs cannot do even milk business.

Most important thing is collections (from Debtors) & meeting obligations (creditors)...At the end of the day you should have a positive addition to your bank balance...This is required for business sustenance & growth..Iyers lack this mentality!

Most important thing is collections (from Debtors) & meeting obligations (creditors)...At the end of the day you should have a positive addition to your bank balance...This is required for business sustenance & growth..Iyers lack this mentality!

hi

i agreed...brahmins are not risk takers....see the patel....even without english.....they do MOTEL BUSINESS ANYWHERE IN THE

WORLD....i think...gentically and traditionally ....we are different....in manusmriti.....BRAHMINS ARE MEANT FOR.... ADYANAM

AND ADYAAAPANAM CA BRAHMANANAAM..

I am talking about unity among Iyers and not business ethics.

There is a saying about Bs business mind : 'PAPPANUKKU PAL VYAPARUM KOODA VARADHU' - Bs cannot do even milk business.

I had written, "Another reason is that brahmins getting a loan from another brahmin, is usually very unconcerned about repayment unless the lender can inflict sufficient punishment on the borrower. So, usually brahmins who know the ways of the world will not come forward to financially help another.". Does this not explain the lack of unity?

it happened over 50 years ago.

i had a relative who was a respected member of the community in the villages of palghat. also extremely rich and the poor/widows trusted their savings with him, for a nominal interest.

one day he told them, all the money investments went bankrupt and their money lost. even though he and his family as affluently as before.

the curses he received from the widows and the indigents, my grandma used to say, would ring in her ears, for years ever. anybody can cheat. the worst reason to do business and trust to someone, because he is your caste.

it happened over 50 years ago.

i had a relative who was a respected member of the community in the villages of palghat. also extremely rich and the poor/widows trusted their savings with him, for a nominal interest.

one day he told them, all the money investments went bankrupt and their money lost. even though he and his family as affluently as before.

the curses he received from the widows and the indigents, my grandma used to say, would ring in her ears, for years ever. anybody can cheat. the worst reason to do business and trust to someone, because he is your caste.

Absolutely...You can help a co brahmin but to assume that he will be 100% trust worthy is being naive..Let us do our due diligence ourselves before parting with our hard earned money!

Bulk of small/Medium scale industries are run on borrowings from friends and relatives based on faith and trust and not on any written document. much of

working capital are taken from money lenders , business friends and not from banks , the reason being the hassles involved in terms of paper work and delays.

mostly castes other than brahmins set up and run these industries.

Bulk of small/Medium scale industries are run on borrowings from friends and relatives based on faith and trust and not on any written document. much of

working capital are taken from money lenders , business friends and not from banks , the reason being the hassles involved in terms of paper work and delays.

mostly castes other than brahmins set up and run these industries.
If you want to run a business, any business, the first requirement is that you and your family should be prepared to "go phut" when the business collapses and start all over again from a big NIL. Brahmins as well as their womenfolk do not have this kind of gene at all.

My coleeague's relative (a Marwari) was doing some business very well in Rajasthan when it all ground to a screaching halt. It seems he and his wife left their two small kids under the care of the wife's parents and with just a small bundle and a lota (for cleaning after going to toilet) they boarded a train to Kolkatta where they stayed in a slum, started all over again and within a few years they became very rich once again!

Brahmins have to "evolve" (thanks to Darwin) and cultivate this adaptability, if we have to flourish in business.

If you want to run a business, any business, the first requirement is that you and your family should be prepared to "go phut" when the business collapses and start all over again from a big NIL. Brahmins as well as their womenfolk do not have this kind of gene at all.

My coleeague's relative (a Marwari) was doing some business very well in Rajasthan when it all ground to a screaching halt. It seems he and his wife left their two small kids under the care of the wife's parents and with just a small bundle and a lota (for cleaning after going to toilet) they boarded a train to Kolkatta where they stayed in a slum, started all over again and within a few years they became very rich once again!

Brahmins have to "evolve" (thanks to Darwin) and cultivate this adaptability, if we have to flourish in business.
There are a lot of enterpreneurs in namakkal ,tiruppur, erode ,coimbotore belt who run small and medium businesses such as hosiery, lorry transport, small machine

parts, mixies,grinders, juicers ,etc. they manage on money borrowed from friends relatives and money lenders. In fact small and medium scale enterpreneurs

contribute lot more than organised corporate houses to indias GDP.In all states there are industrial estates where sheds are available to to small and medium

enterprises .We tend to think that only big industrial houses only add to indias GDP.It is not really true.only they are more visible on business and news channels

Success may be in the manufacturing sector; especially by Vaishnavite Bs. Even in this sphere, Smarthas failed - Enfield, Standard Motors etc. Lack of imagination, risk taking, bold approach are some of the important ingredients which Smarthas lack in business. Probably, we may thrive in food industry like Sri Krishna Sweets.
Why this comparison of Vaishnavite Bs & smarthas?
I presume Vaishnavite Bs don'tput naamams on others head and thrive!

Success may be in the manufacturing sector; especially by Vaishnavite Bs. Even in this sphere, Smarthas failed - Enfield, Standard Motors etc. Lack of imagination, risk taking, bold approach are some of the important ingredients which Smarthas lack in business. Probably, we may thrive in food industry like Sri Krishna Sweets.

It is only a fact. Since this blog talks business attitude of Tamil Bs.

Regarding putting namam by Vaishnavite Bs on others, I have no knowledge about it. Only other members have to tell.

The SME's are ubiquitous in Gujarat, UP & Tamil Nadu...You would be amazed to know that they contribute 17% of our GDP and employ 40% of the workforce..They are mostly in unorganized sector where they are small, un registered and un incorporated...They do not get funding at cheap rates from Public sector & Private Banks..Most of them are charged 30-35% interest by fleecing money lenders...If GOI helps them to source cheap funds then most of them will be able to tide over the financial woes!

SME s would be better of if govt and its inspectors leave them alone to do their business.

They have a way of raising issues relating to licences, permits, pollution issues, source of fund ,taxes just to collect their haftha.

The producers in this country are treated like potential criminals.

They do well inspite of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back