• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rights of citizens

sravna

If i were given a say in the formation of laws and rights of citizens, I would work on the following rights

Right to demand actions on promises made
Right to take back the elected members by referendum
Right to mete out justice and punishment to erring politicians and bureaucrats by referendum with more weights given to the voices of competent people
Right to permanently bar a politician from politics by referendum
Right to protection and immediate justice from violence and crime by invoking one or more of the above four rights

Punishments should be used only as deterrent though extremely extremely strong deterrent. The focus should be on mending and showing people the right path. If someone can't think, someone else will think for him till the culprit gets that capability. God does this all the time through Maya though the results are achieved after lots of very adept nuances and complexities and at the right setting and timing.

If i were given a say in the formation of laws and rights of citizens, I would work on the following rights

Right to demand actions on promises made
Right to take back the elected members by referendum
Right to mete out justice and punishment to erring politicians and bureaucrats by referendum with more weights given to the voices of competent people
Right to permanently bar a politician from politics by referendum
Right to protection and immediate justice from violence and crime by invoking one or more of the above four rights
Sravna...this is pure dictatorship.
Just let go the thought of ruling the world.

Dictatorship and arajakam are done by those who are really currently ruling the world. Please don't compare me to them who are responsible for the current state of affairs.

Dictatorship and arajakam are done by those who are really currently ruling the world. Please don't compare me to them who are responsible for the current state of affairs.
Dear Sravna, most of them started off thinking they can make the world a better place, then they slip into " my way or the highway" thinking..before you know, violence is the name of the game.

Dear Sravna, most of them started off thinking they can make the world a better place, then they slip into " my way or the highway" thinking..before you know, violence is the name of the

I understand Renuka. In my case the mind and brain are rock solid against any emotional effects. I think i can be objective in the most emotionally trying situations. That has been Gods gift to me.

I understand Renuka. In my case the mind and brain are rock solid against any emotional effects. I think i can be objective in the most emotionally trying situations. That has been Gods gift to me.
Sravna..honestly if one is 100% or 99.99999% sure of their mind and emotions, it shows that we are not facing reality.
At any given time the human mind can change and emotions can change.
It doesnt mean change is bad..thats just how we function.

In the Mahabharat, Krishna had asked something from Karna( i cant remember what He asked Karna).
Karna's right hand was oily at that time so he gave the object to Krishna with his left hand.

Krishna asked Karna..why did you give it to Me with your left hand.
Karna replied " the human mind is subject to change..who knows if I go wash my hands and come give you the object, I might have a change of mind and not decide not to give You the object..hence I am giving it to you with my left hand"

Sravna..that is the best example of a rock solid mind and emotions..that is he was aware of the actual function of the mind and how change is the only constant.

Renuka,

Yes but there is great nuance in this. Karna was sure of himself. But circumstances are not under his control. The life of Karna is a great example how circumstances can control people even against their nature. Thats how I would interpret it. Think about it. Will his nature of giving change? I dont think so. It speaks volumes of Karnas greatness in giving that he wanted to give immediately.

Latest ads

Back