• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

rest in peace jyotirmoy dey

Status
Not open for further replies.
without any further comments...

The Hindu : News : Investigative journalist shot dead in Mumbai

very sad. are we ruled by mafias?

i have heard of such things re sand mafias in tamil nadu. apparently thamiraparani has no sand left in many places. just rocks :(

Dey lived his life whereas those who killed him just existed. I remember the words-human life always remains an unfinished painting. Dey's life is just that-an unfinished painting but yet a beautiful one.

suraju,

those words will not be enough to comfort his widow and children (if they exist) and all his friends (who should exist).

will the law catch up on those goondas, and give them the due punishment ie the same one that they meted out to dey?

that is the question here.

again, in his last press conference, MK was derisive of journalists.

we all especially in this forum, tend to mock journalists as a rule. judging from the numerous posts. but in reality, these are among the most effective guardians of our rights and freedom of speech.

if these get killed on a regular basis, what is to stop india from becoming another pakistan, where hunting journalist is apparently a favourite sport.

suraju,

those words will not be enough to comfort his widow and children (if they exist) and all his friends (who should exist).

will the law catch up on those goondas, and give them the due punishment ie the same one that they meted out to dey?

that is the question here.

again, in his last press conference, MK was derisive of journalists.

we all especially in this forum, tend to mock journalists as a rule. judging from the numerous posts. but in reality, these are among the most effective guardians of our rights and freedom of speech.

if these get killed on a regular basis, what is to stop india from becoming another pakistan, where hunting journalist is apparently a favourite sport.

Dear Kunjuppu,

I do not discount or underestimate the enormity of the loss of life of Dey as felt by his family and friends. The law will sure take its course and culprits would be found and perhaps hanged. But would that bring back the life of Dey? Journalists, like the soldiers, work tirelessly at their post even though the threat to their lives is real. Death walks with them wherever they go, sits with them wherever they sit waiting for its time. Being a brahmin,may be, I am a little too philosophic. I am sure you are aware that brahmins are not overtly demonstrative while grieving the death of near and dear- that is again comparatively speaking. It is like saying the King is dead Long live the King........ Again words are hollow and meaningless. Hope you understand. Cheers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back