• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Renuka Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey thats a good idea..a fight club..like speakers corner where we get to say anything we want about one another and no moderation!!LOL

Hmm, for the fight club, won't we still need a referee, aka moderator? I know of only one sure-fire way of avoiding moderation, get the moderator to join your fan club! But for whatever reason, we are not seeing any red ink on this thread (yet). Maybe this post will draw it?

Hmm, for the fight club, won't we still need a referee, aka moderator? I know of only one sure-fire way of avoiding moderation, get the moderator to join your fan club! But for whatever reason, we are not seeing any red ink on this thread (yet). Maybe this post will draw it?

Biswa..as it is I have been Red Inked for sometime..poor me yaar...why are you hoping I will get Red Ink again?LOL!!

renuka mahodaya,
अत्र अस्मि?....कुत्र असि? किमर्थं च? अत्र सर्वे जनाः त्वमर्थम परितोषम कुर्वन्ति....

Dear TBS Garu,

Someone asked me "I am here(अत्र अस्मि)..where are you?"(कुत्र असि)
So I said "I am here"(अत्र अस्मि)

किमर्थं(what does it mean)?
I am here (अत्र अस्मि)means I am in this Forum just like everyone else.

So I hope this answer will make everyone( सर्वे जनाः) happy/satisfied(परितोषम)

Renuka,

You should use this opportunity to force teach us sanskrit

Start with pronouns/verbs/adjectives/tenses chart and ask them to form sentences....be our Sanskrit Teacher ;)

Dear Govinda,

I am no expert to teach yet but I will share what I know from time to time.
Thank you for suggestion.
I have that at the back of my mind someday to teach.

Dear Govinda,

Since you wanted some sanskrit lessons I am sharing this with everyone.

Meaning of the word vaikuNTha(वैकुण्ठ).

kuNThatA (कुण्ठता) means inertia or lassitude.

Hence vaikuNTha (वैकुण्ठ) means one which is devoid of such qualities.Devoid of inertia/lassitude.

Last edited:
I love Smt Renu! Super intelligent and always very kind and human in her approach. And yes, while she is certainly beautiful, it isn't her looks that create that beauty they only add to it.

PS I like her new avatar as I think the tooth grinding mushika is absolutely fitting for a woman trying to carry the message of Sri Ganesha on her back!

Dear Biswa than u will be vice president.

Fine, I can vote for you, if you vote for me! But I think we should offer the Veep post first to the originator of this thread, Mr. Prasad.

I am happy to be just a secretary (Secretary of State).

Now that we have elected officers, we should get down to serious business. The official language is already determined: Sanskrit.

We should have an official motto. I propose: लोक समस्त सुखिनो भवन्तू

Now that we have elected officers, we should get down to serious business. The official language is already determined: Sanskrit.

We should have an official motto. I propose: लोक समस्त सुखिनो भवन्तू

Let me tell you about a similar situation.
We started a Tamil Sangam in my town 20 years ago. We had total of 12 family at that time. I was the first president, and had a great secretary to run the organization. It has now 200 family as members. I can speak Brahmin (?) Tamil. Lat time I went for the general body meeting I did not understand a single word of the speeches, and then their budget was presented in Tamil, I could not read it. So you are proposing Sanskrit as the language, that rules me out of any position. LOL

I like the utopian motto, that way, it unattainable. So we can work without fear of loosing. He who is down has no fear of falling.

Last edited:
Let me tell you about a similar situation.
We started a Tamil Sangam in my town 20 years ago. We had total of 12 family at that time. I was the first president, and had a great secretary to run the organization. It has now 200 family as members. I can speak Brahmin (?) Tamil. Lat time I went for the general body meeting I did not understand a single word of the speeches, and then their budget was presented in Tamil, I could not read it. So you are proposing Sanskrit as the language, that rules me out of any position. LOL

I like the utopian motto, that way, it unattainable. So we can work without fear of loosing. He who is down has no fear of falling.

Dear PrasadJi,

Is Brahmin Tamil all that different from NB Tamil?
I had a friend from India a Hebbar Iyengar girl who used to speak a different type of Brahmin Tamil which is different even from Iyer Tamil but none of us had any problem understanding her.
At times Hebbar Iyengar Tamil sounded like a hybrid of Tamil and Kannada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back