• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Reciting 'Om Namah Shivaya' while doing Vaishnava aparadha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathukenna Waylee Kadalukku enna moodi !! Thinking can not have boundries or can not be confined to compartments as you feel! I have no rekha! If people are offened and brought to my knowldge I will repect those sentiments rectify that. I donot like the Dhanda - Censor! I will not be following thesee threads as I am away for 10 days on pilgrimage!
Waylee!! I learnt a new spelling today! I write 'vEli'. :cool:

May your pilgrimage give you more jnAnam. :)

P.S: The spellings in your post show that you are really in a haste! :roll:

Waylee!! I learnt a new spelling today! I write 'vEli'. :cool:

May your pilgrimage give you more jnAnam. :)

P.S: The spellings in your post show that you are really in a haste! :roll:

Pilgrim's Progress! From Ampalapuza to Aprameya :Last month it was Krishna's call from Kerala Now this is a call from 'Crawling" krishna of Karnataka . Two Kalai Gnyanam - inspired by this pilgrimage! & not those Y & U kalai jnAnam already received from you .

This Aprameyaswamy Temple is about 60 KM from Bangalore on the Mysore highway near Chennapatnam It has the sannidhi of this Krishna!

Sri Navaneetha Krishnar :
As you proceed to the North Western ramparts of the temple, the next Sannidhi you see is that of the renowned Lord Navaneetha (Thavazrar/ambegal(crawling))Krishna. This Krishna figures in a lot of Puranams. It is believed that Sage Vyasa did the Prathishta of this Vigraham. This lovely, adorable Krishna Vigraham depicts Him in a crawling pose, holding his favourite butter in his right hand. It appears as if Lord Krishna is crawling towards you to invoke the maternal instincts within you, compelling you to spontaneously shower your love on him. His face is like Poorna Chandra Bimbam, his doe-like eyes are very attractive and the curly locks of his hair are a sight to behold. This Neela Megha Shayma is crawling on a Garuda Peetam. He is adorned with a lot of jewels like amulets, chains, necklaces and anklets. He flaunts his Pulinagam (Tiger Claws dollar) as if to show off his prowess while the priests make sure he wears it to avoid Kan Dristi Dosham from his many devotees ogling at his boundless beauty! While drinking in this lovely sight, you may think you heard the jingling of bells from the cord he wears around his waist and the gorgeous anklets adorning his tender ankles, as he crawls closer to your heart!!

doddamallur-krishnar-3s.jpg

His beauty inspired Purandara dasa to compose the popular krithi "Jagadoddharana Adisidalu Yashoda" when he visited this sannidhi.
The delicious Navaneetham he is holding in his right hand is no ordinary butter but Gnyanam (self realization) shaped like a butterball. Parandhaman is willing to share this precious treat with you, if only you ask him for it, with a true mind.
Another boon that this God is famous for granting is the gift of children to those who need it. The loads of silver and wooden cradles in the Sannidhi offered by people desirous of begetting offspring stand testimony to this fact.

1. Sangeetha Gnyanam. This krishna inspired Purandaradasar to give that Jagadodharana in the rag that is MY CUP OF KAPI!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW55f0JZNPI

The song inspird by the place Chennapattnam! Popular song of yester years!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Bewen3IOw

2 . Chithra Kala Gnyanam My Krishna Tanjor Painting - the latest one I had posted already in different thread I am working now on Krishna - Oil on canvas Titled Makhan Ka Chor I will post it when fully done!

Your wish - May your pilgrimage give you more jnAnam. :) - from the way you have spelt I presume it is Self realization!!

The delicious Navaneetham he is holding in his right hand is no ordinary butter but Gnyanam (self realization) shaped like a butterball. Parandhaman is willing to share this precious treat with you, if only you ask him for it, with a true mind.

Self realization from Butterball It is a bit vazavaza & kozaKoza It is a slippery pitch I would not like to play . I would rather play in another thread by Renuka 'Self realization and Insanity - and agree with her observation Poojium is poornam - I am not sure where she said that

Dear Janaki ji,

Thanks for this wonderful write-up! Your contributions and questions have enriched this thread and I thought I will acknowledge that!

Me thinks your contribution in reply #177 should belong in a separate thread in the temples section... that way, such a good message on your anubhavam and aanandam seeing the Lord would get lost among so many other messages in this thread... Just a humble suggestion!

Hope you had a splendid vacation time!

Cheers!

Dear Janaki ji, Thanks for this wonderful write-up! Your contributions and questions have enriched this thread and I thought I will acknowledge that! Me thinks your contribution in reply #177 should belong in a separate thread in the temples section... that way, such a good message on your anubhavam and aanandam seeing the Lord would get lost among so many other messages in this thread... Just a humble suggestion! Hope you had a splendid vacation time! Cheers!

I quote myself Kathukenna Waylee Kadalukku enna moodi !! Thinking can not have boundries or can not be confined to compartments as you feel! I have no rekha! I write what I feel when I feel where I feel on the spur! Hence I may not be organised. Your suggestion taken I will try But may not come out to your expectation Naai Vaala Nimuthamudiyma?

My observation - Kerala Temples are not infuenced by Tamil Vaishnava Culture Of Ramanuja . But Karnataka temples faithfully follow these tradition In this temple you have sannidhis for Ramanuja Manavala Mamuni Desika and for few Alwars as well ! I did not see Andal Sannidhi. This probably the Raman(uja) effect since he had stayed in Melkote near by for sometimes !!

I did have a good vacation combined with Medical tourism! I have booked for another one from April 1st to 20th Nepal and W.Bengal pure pilgrimage with no other aggenda!

Last edited:
One member was warned by the moderator to post new threads in the relevant forums!

So, this 'kAtRukkenna vEli' fundA will work out only to post anything in any thread, if started by OTHERS! :cool:

One member was warned by the moderator to post new threads in the relevant forums!

So, this 'kAtRukkenna vEli' fundA will work out only to post anything in any thread, if started by OTHERS! :cool:

Again I quote myself

Your suggestion taken I will try But may not come out to your expectation Naai Vaala Nimuthamudiyma?

Sure He has warned . or he can even "Cut" the Naivall to "'control" as they do for the German Breed Doberman if he feels like!!

post #181:

My observation - Kerala Temples are not infuenced by Tamil Vaishnava Culture Of Ramanuja . But Karnataka temples faithfully follow these tradition In this temple you have sannidhis for Ramanuja Manavala Mamuni Desika and for few Alwars as well ! I did not see Andal Sannidhi. This probably the Raman(uja) effect since he had stayed in Melkote near by for sometimes !!

Our total ignorance shows itself here:

1. vishnu temples in Tamilnadu do not follow any tamil vaishnava culture supposedly of Ramanuja. The temples are built and their practices and rituals are based on Agamas like pancharatra or Vaikanasa. Period. The temples in Kerala follow a different Agama. The temples of Krishna in Karnataka follow perhaps the Pancharatra or vaikanasa agama and so the similarities.

2. Ramanuja/Manavalamamuni/Desika have sannidhies in areas where the sishyas of these acharyas have lived or live.

post #181:

Our total ignorance shows itself here:

1. vishnu temples in Tamilnadu do not follow any tamil vaishnava culture supposedly of Ramanuja. The temples are built and their practices and rituals are based on Agamas like pancharatra or Vaikanasa. Period. The temples in Kerala follow a different Agama. The temples of Krishna in Karnataka follow perhaps the Pancharatra or vaikanasa agama and so the similarities.

2. Ramanuja/Manavalamamuni/Desika have sannidhies in areas where the sishyas of these acharyas have lived or live.

May be your ignorance

Managerial Ability of Sri Ramanuja in Retrospection.
Author: Sri Vaishnava Sri. A. Krishnamachari, M.A., Editor "Panchajanyam".
Publisher: Sri Vaishnava Sri, Srirangam, Trichy. ..

Vaishnava Sri A. Krishnamachari M.A. is not ignorant This is what he says about Raman(nuja) effect!!

In addition to revitalising the religion, he was a remarkable administrator and many of his systems in important temples at Srirangam and Tirupati are still adhered to.

Read about this in the link

Ramanuja?s leadership skills - The Hindu

Last edited:
May be your ignorance

Managerial Ability of Sri Ramanuja in Retrospection.
Author: Sri Vaishnava Sri. A. Krishnamachari, M.A., Editor "Panchajanyam".
Publisher: Sri Vaishnava Sri, Srirangam, Trichy. ..

Vaishnava Sri A. Krishnamachari M.A. is not ignorant This is what he says about Raman(nuja) effect!!

In addition to revitalising the religion, he was a remarkable administrator and many of his systems in important temples at Srirangam and Tirupati are still adhered to.

Read about this in the link

Ramanuja?s leadership skills - The Hindu
Krishnamachari is not ignorant. But you are. Ramanujam lived in Srirangam and tirupati and managed the temples. But pancharatra and vaikanasa agamas are older than Ramanuja. Tirupati templ follows vaikanasa agama and not Ramanuja agama. If you want please refer to your krishnamachari and then get back. Kerala temples follow tantra system of worship and rituals. Kaana mayilaada kandiruntha vaankozhi....... LOL.

Krishnamachari is not ignorant. But you are. Ramanujam lived in Srirangam and tirupati and managed the temples. But pancharatra and vaikanasa agamas are older than Ramanuja. Tirupati templ follows vaikanasa agama and not Ramanuja agama. If you want please refer to your krishnamachari and then get back. Kerala temples follow tantra system of worship and rituals. Kaana mayilaada kandiruntha vaankozhi....... LOL.

Remember this posting of mine in another thread now closed!

Here it is for you

Do you really think so about my spirits! Then you will get your MBA

Dosai - the Prasdam of knwledgeble vishnavates also has 2 sides like your coin One the Ignorant the other knowldgeable which will not agree with your observation Knowledgable who have no time for the like of me has differnt ideas! Spirit? Sure the like of me can never have spirits! After some thought - Yes Now I realize they also have Spirit The Bocardi and Arrack type!! If you have time for the like of me as seen in the quote - you are a certified Meber of Bocardi Arrack Acadamy That is for sure your MBA

Now you are awarding MBA to Ramanuja! Master of (temple) Business Adminstration! claiming he was managing those temples like a glorified Kanakku Pillai without any involvement in Policy decisions of the temple?

Again the same attitude of knowledgeable vaishnavate I can see in this line!! Kerala temples follow tantra system of worship and rituals. Kaana mayilaada kandiruntha vaankozhi....... LOL.

Remember this posting of mine in another thread now closed!

Here it is for you

Do you really think so about my spirits! Then you will get your MBA

Dosai - the Prasdam of knwledgeble vishnavates also has 2 sides like your coin One the Ignorant the other knowldgeable which will not agree with your observation Knowledgable who have no time for the like of me has differnt ideas! Spirit? Sure the like of me can never have spirits! After some thought - Yes Now I realize they also have Spirit The Bocardi and Arrack type!! If you have time for the like of me as seen in the quote - you are a certified Meber of Bocardi Arrack Acadamy That is for sure your MBA

Now you are awarding MBA to Ramanuja! Master of (temple) Business Adminstration! claiming he was managing those temples like a glorified Kanakku Pillai without any involvement in Policy decisions of the temple?

Again the same attitude of knowledgeable vaishnavate I can see in this line!! Kerala temples follow tantra system of worship and rituals. Kaana mayilaada kandiruntha vaankozhi....... LOL.

This is going to be my last post in reply to your blah blah here.

Are you aware of the term "korattu maniyam" used in the context of Srirangam temple administration? Are you aware of the chronicle called "Thiruvarangam Koilozhuku"? I am sure you do not know any of these nor have you heard about them. Now you can run to Your Mr. Krishnamachari and ask him what on earth are these and what do they mean. Once the wisdom dawns on you - that is if at all there is a receptacle in you- you will realize the difference between temple management and temple Agamam. Then you will sing a different pathetic song. But I do not care. I will not be hearing that song. I have used the ignore button. OMG!! Inanity shows itself some times in the color red too. Vaankozhi tries to become colorful. LOL.

Last edited:
This is going to be my last post in reply to your blah blah here. Are you aware of the term "korattu maniyam" used in the context of Srirangam temple administration? Are you aware of the chronicle called "Thiruvarangam Koilozhuku"? I am sure you do not know any of these nor have you heard about them. Now you can run to Your Mr. Krishnamachari and ask him what on earth are these and what do they mean. once the wisdom dawns on you - that is if at all there is a receptacle in you- you will realize the difference between temple management and temple Agamam. Then you will sing a different pathetic song. But I do not care. I will not be hearing that song. I have used the ignore button. OMG!! Inanity shows itself some times in the color red too. Vaankozhi tries to become colorful. LOL.

You seem to be sure of everything under the sun except your self!! Such people either go arrogant or abusive or both! "

You have amazing Kalai Gyanam but restricted to 2 "Kalis" not listed in that 64! Sangeetha Gynanam is among the listed 64 and beyond the scope of your 2 Kalai Gyanams Dispalying one of the "Kalai" on the forehead with Narayana on your Lips may not make you a Narda to appreciate music!

Colour Gyanam specially about Red seems not even basic It is the in-thing in Pop Music and listen to this song Give Me Red by Eveready! Looks you will be Never Ready to listen this song as you have chosen the Ignore button

Eveready lights up the night to refresh ?Give me red? identity - Advertising - Campaign India

This is going to be my last post in reply to your blah blah here. Are you aware of the term "korattu maniyam" used in the context of Srirangam temple administration? Are you aware of the chronicle called "Thiruvarangam Koilozhuku"? I am sure you do not know any of these nor have you heard about them. Now you can run to Your Mr. Krishnamachari and ask him what on earth are these and what do they mean. once the wisdom dawns on you - that is if at all there is a receptacle in you- you will realize the difference between temple management and temple Agamam. Then you will sing a different pathetic song. But I do not care. I will not be hearing that song. I have used the ignore button. OMG!! Inanity shows itself some times in the color red too. Vaankozhi tries to become colorful. LOL.

You seem to be sure of everything under the sun except your self!! Such people either go arrogant or abusive or both! "

You have amazing Kalai Gyanam but restricted to 2 "Kalis" not listed in that 64! Sangeetha Gynanam is among the listed 64 and beyond the scope of your 2 Kalai Gyanams Dispalying one of the "Kalai" on the forehead with Narayana on your Lips may not make you a Narda to appreciate music!

Colour Gyanam specially about Red seems not even basic It is the in-thing in Pop Music and listen to this song Give Me Red by Eveready! Looks you will be Never Ready to listen this song as you have chosen the Ignore button

Eveready lights up the night to refresh ?Give me red? identity - Advertising - Campaign India

This is going to be my last post in reply to your blah blah here. The best exit route possible - Retired hurt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back