• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

reasons for joining - and reason for disappontment

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

When I was googling for some research on Brahmisn I came across this site. Having been born a brahmin, and parents being of Tamil origin I decided to join.

I do not do work as Brahmin, and I do not have any passion for rituals.
I follow advaita philosophy and very much a liberal in outlook on religion. I am Hindu, and will defend the basic concepts. I am a PIO, and still love India, I am secular in social causes.

I am disappointed by the management of the site.

I am also disappointed by the quality of arguments in the post.
Generally members are Hindu, Tamil, and Brahmin. Majority are patriotic.
Some like me follow some aspects of the religion, but are willing to question some practice which are outdated. Others are too touchy and would accept anything in the name of religion.
Then the other side is people who have studied the religion, and decided that they oppose everything even remotely connected to religion. some of then a have chip on the shoulder against Brahmin, as some injustice was done to them in the past, so they have gripe against it. The third kind are here purely to irritate people who belong here. They even bait the majority by throwing the most hated individual's praise.

Every thread is taken to same argument, irrespective of the original intent of the thread.
People are getting disgusted and leaving the site.
I am sorry to miss some good friends, and some great Knowledge.

"I am disappointed by the management of the site." - OP

There are very many who enjoy this site, although they may not "actively" participate by writing frequent posts.

The management is mostly following the "Hands Off" approach, which I like the most. Very infrequently Praveen comes to the picture, which is the right way, IMO.

Arguments are quite expected on any Thread on any Site...That's the nature of the beast!

It all depends on how YOU feel about a different POV... if you feel suffocated or "offended" often, then you need to leave or be a patient reader ONLY.

Just my two-cents on blogposts!

Bye!

Last edited:
Hello Prasad,

I am disappointed by the management of the site.

I joined a couple months ago. I have observed that Praveen is editing, removing or redirecting threads/replies promptly. I feel secure and safe now!

Every thread is taken to same argument, irrespective of the original intent of the thread. People are getting disgusted and leaving the site.
I am sorry to miss some good friends, and some great Knowledge.

Discussions are o.k, as long as it is informative, inquisitive. We cannot change/modify others opinions, so be it. But, we should be contributing, because as there are opinions here, there are as many readers who attest to those opinions. So, let us always share our info/understanding and not shy away. [if time permits].

Take it easy. The world will exist for millions of years, atleast for human life. So, nothing is lost today.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back