• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rap Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rap songs which is the main stay of most of the channels have vulgar lyrics and suddenly when I was doing some rituals when the Mantras where chanted i felt that they can fit in the format of Rap if chanted along with orchastra of electonic synthasiser. and will attract most of the generation next to chanting them Do you like this idea like asking to chant Mara Mara and in effect it turns out be Rama Rama with outhout you realising it :behindsofa:

jambu,

i am with you on this.

many of the rap songs, to me, sound like mantras and that too in tamil. amazing. :pray2:

to the best of my knowledge, and i am not a tamil movie see-yer, i do not know if there exists tamil rap songs. or tamil rap religious songs.

if these should be, i would not be surprised if they start out as christian hymns. i think it is high time we have some of our popular murugan or kandasashti songs into rap :lever:

jambu,

i am with you on this.

many of the rap songs, to me, sound like mantras and that too in tamil. amazing. :pray2:

to the best of my knowledge, and i am not a tamil movie see-yer, i do not know if there exists tamil rap songs. or tamil rap religious songs.

if these should be, i would not be surprised if they start out as christian hymns. i think it is high time we have some of our popular murugan or kandasashti songs into rap :lever:

Many yeas ago in the Telugu Film "Shankarabharanam",(which was dubbed i other languages) , the hero ,protagonist Musician, in a scene shows how a carnatic music vidwan can easily sing the western type music also.

He repeats the cacophonic sound the youth were making to tease himand transformed it into a nice enjoyable western music based on carnatic tunes.

S/shri Ilayaraja, Kunrakudi Vaidyanathan ,and many other musicins have shown such variety and fusion, and renderings in their various artistic efforts.

Attend a panchavadyam or thaymbaks concert in a Thrissur pooram festival-- first it may appear high decibel noise.Give words to the sounds .You can simply enjoy.It will speak to you.

Music is universal.We should have the right ears and mood to enjoy that.

Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back