• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ramanatham Bhaje hum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear
If your planning to visit Rameswaram few tips for you.

We were on a pilgrimage to Rameswaram on 20 & 21 June. There is every chance that you might be exploited in various places in Rameswaram specially when you have some aged people with you and if you want to do the rituals for which most of us visit this place Place to stay Tamilnadu Tourism development Hotel is ideal and offers 20% concession for Senior citizens and also a complimentary break fast This is right on Beach close to Temple entrance and Kanchi Sankara Madam But make sure you are booked before you reach Rameswaram Lots of space for parking.

Go to temple before 5 AM and see the Spatika Linga Dharshan Rs.50 per person This is over by 6 AM and then only all Sanadhis are opened This is really nice when you hear this song of Muthuswamy Dikshidar rendered beautifully by MS is flowing in the air greeting you in early hours.

Then go back to hotel have the complimentary break fast (7.30 & 9.00 Am) offered free. The food in this place is not good but this is free. Lunch etc avoid this place Have it in Gujarathi Bhojanasala Which is the road that takes you to sea (Agni Theertham) opposite to the main entrance of the temple Dinner Rs50 Lunch Rs65 Value for money

After break fast take bath in all Theerthams Avoid brokers . The cost for this Rs 13 plus service charges of Rs.12 (Total Rs.25) Take with you another set of dry clothes since you are not allowed for Dharshan with wet dresses. There is a place to change your dress after the shower in the last Theertham Keep the ticket with you safely because you may have to show it in the last Theertham Always follow the man who is lifting the water and then showers on you Other wise you will be lost in the crowd.
Finish the Dharshan of all the sanidhis and walk along the corridors . It may take about 2 hours

Finally the Pithru Kariyams etc you can do it on the shore of Agni Theertham or in the Kanchi Mutt But these places may be crowded and there is lot of pollution in the beach (Agni Theertham). I prefer the place called Aricha Munai beyond Dhanush Kodi which is serene peaceful and Unpolluted. To reach Dhanush Kodi there is no road. You have to go by the Mahendra jeep only There is road upto Kothanda ramar temple only I paid Rs80 for up and down to Dhanush Kodi and Aricha Munai from this place The best will be to hire a jeep in Rameswaram itself and go this place with your Vathiar. TTDC hotel staff will arranges this and it cost you about RS.950 In the attachment you see the remain of a church that was devasted in 1964 cyclone in Dhanushkodi Jambu:humble:

Attachments

• IMG_1278.JPGDhanushkodi.jpg
    IMG_1278.JPGDhanushkodi.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Dear
If your planning to visit Rameswaram few tips for you.

We were on a pilgrimage to Rameswaram on 20 & 21 June. There is every chance that you might be exploited in various places in Rameswaram specially when you have some aged people with you and if you want to do the rituals for which most of us visit this place Place to stay Tamilnadu Tourism developement Hotel is ideal and offers 20% concession for Senior citizens and also a complimentary break fast This is right on Beach close to Temple entrance and Kanchi Sankara Madam But make sure you are booked before you reach Rameswaram Lots of space for parking.

Go to temple before 5 AM and see the Spatika Linga Dharshan Rs.50 per person This is over by 6 AM and then only all Sanadhis are opened This is really nice when you hear this song of Muthuswamy Dikshidar rendered beautifully by MS is flowing in the air greeting you in early hours.

Then go back to hotel have the complimentary break fast (7.30 & 9.00 Am) offered. The food in this place is not good but this is free. Lunch etc avoid this place Have it in Gujarathi Bhojanasala Which is the road that takes you to sea (Agni Theertham) opposite to the main entrance of the temple Dinner Rs50 Lunch Rs65 Value for money

After break fast take bath in all Theerthams Avoid brokers . The cost for this Rs 13 plus service charges of Rs.12 (Total Rs.25) Take with you another set of dry clothes since you are not allowed for Dharshan with wet dresses. There is a place to change your dress after the shower in the last Theertham Keep the ticket with you
safely because you may have to show it in the last Theertham Always follow the man who is lifting the water andon showers on you Other wise you will be lost in the crowd.
Finish the Dharshan of all the sanidhis and walk along the corridors . It may take about 2 hours

Finally the Pithru Kariyams etc you can do it on the shore of Agni Theertham or in the Kanchi Mutt But these places may be crowded and there is lot of pollution in the beach (Agni Theertham). I prefer the place called Aricha Munai beyond Dhanush Kodi which is serene peaceful and Unpolluted. To reach Dhanush Kodi there is no road. You have to go by the Mahendra jeep only There is road upto Kothanda ramar temple only I paid Rs80 for up and down to Dhanush Kodi and Aricha Munai The best will be to hire a jeep in Rameswaram itself and go this place with your Vathiar. TTDC hotel staff arranges this and it cost you about RS.950 Jambu:humble:

tnj,

nice to know abt trip details.the picture looks like a dilapidated church of christians :) rama + eswaran = rameshwaram ki jai :)

This is important which i forgot to put in my original posting. Ganga jalam brought by you will be accepted for Abhishekam only if it is in brass or copper vessels and not in tin steel or in pouch:pray: Jambu

Reading Dr.T.N.Jambunathan's post reminds me of my trip to Rameswaram some years ago.
Of course, I did not stay there ,and finished it in one day. Luckily nobody exploited us. For lunch, there was an Iyer house(mess) giving lunch, but we were told that we had to reserve in morning itself.So we had it in a hotel.

After finishing theertham bath and Darshan,for the sight seeing, I approached an auto driver and asked him how much he earned in a whole day. On his answer,I promised him a little more and asked him to take us on a full tour of Rameswaram and Dhanushkodi ,with him as a guide. ( We were only three members of the family). In the end I paid him more than what I promised, because I felt very happy, as we could cover more sights than what is usually shown by the tourist vehicles and guides.

It was really fruitful, as he was so well versed with the local points, their importance, the legends and folklore behind them etc.We fully enjoyed the trip.

In fact this same method use at many places to go around the place .
It may work cheap and more worth in seeing more places/points.They will be very sincere also.

Greetings

hi folks,
recently i visited rameswaram with my family....we flew from USA
to chennai ...then rameswaram mail and stayed 3 days in TTDC
hotel tamilnadu....i went to locak trip in one day to
dhanushkodi/ramar patham all kundams....next day hiranya sraddhham
at sri kanchi mutt....nice brahmin food at telugu brahmin srisailam
trust...we have book early morning before 8.00am...the condition
name and gothram must....without shirt only for brahmins....mive homely food...donations accepted....free breakfast in TTDC..its ok
nice darshan....visit sringeri mutt also.....prepare sufficient time
for darsham...nice lord nataraja darshan completely covered
rudraksham in full area.....due to family/...spatika darshnam
missed.....a very huge praharam with thousand pillars..
im fact 1113 pillars..i think...becoz saturday very nice navagrasha
darshanam in sri Ramanathaswamy temple...special thanks to kannan
sir and RVR sir also..................

regards
tbs

Another point you should be aware which was not there in my original posting To get the 20% rebate on room tariff you should give them a xerox copy of your photo identity with proof for age They need it for their file There is no xerox shop near by. So take these documents before you reach TDDC Hotel. Jambu :happy:

even if we stay more than 3 days....we get 20% rebate on room tariff.
i got it..but i utilised for service tax....daaniki deenikki okkatti...
lol

regards
tbs

There are certain places of importance around Ramnad (30Km Radius) connected with Ramayanam.
1. Devipatnam -( Navabashanam )The Navagrhas submerged in sea waters Sita is supposed to have prayed here. This is about 20 Km from Ramnad on Ramnad Trichy Road.
2.Thirupullani. This is one of the 108 Diviyadesam (Athi Jegannath ) This is the place of Vibhishana Saranagathi and also the Dharpasayanam of Srirama
3.Sethu Karai This is sea shore Now an Aanjaneya temple is there.These 2 places are on the Ramnad Kilakarai Erwadi route. This is the place Vibeshan was crowned as king of Srilanka by Lakshman by pouring Sea water on his head under the instuctions of Rama

Iyegars noprmally do not go to Rameswaram temple But they go to these 3 places

Jambu:director:

Last edited:
There are certain places of importance around Ramnad (30Km Radius) connected with Ramayanam.

Iyegars noprmally do not go to Rameswaram temple But they go to these 3 places

Jambu:director:
Dr sir
if possible give details of the place connected with ramayan .

even linga installed by sree rama only. then why iyengars not visiting rameswaram

To days Hindu( 2 June.) Courts refuses to order free Dharshan. So Charges of Rs.50 for ஸ்படிகலிங்க தரிசனம் Will continue When I was in Rameswaram I saw posters Like this2400 ஆயிரம் மான்யம் ஹஜ்க்கு அளிக்கும்பேது 50 RS.கட்டணம் ஏன் இந்த தரிசனத்க்கு ? அரசே இதை ஏற்க வோண்டும். Any opinion? Jambu:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back