• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rajaji the great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rajaji's greatest failure was to see the emergence of non-Brahmins in the political arena. When he became the CM of TN, he sent a list of persons to be made ministers in his cabinet to Nehru, who observed that the overwhelming majority of persons in the list were brahmins. Nehru asked for a revised list pointing out this fact. Unfortunately the second list submitted by Rajaji was loaded in favour of brahmins. Nehru then asked Kamaraj to prepare a list which was accepted. Unwittingly, Rajaji also brought the scheme dubbed by his enemies as 'Kulakkalvi thittam.' Though the intention of the scheme was good, it was political harakiri for Rajaji. His support to the DMK, the arch enemies of brahmins, just to spite the Congress was the death knell for brahmins in politics.

When he became the CM of TN, he sent a list of persons to be made ministers in his cabinet to Nehru, who observed that the overwhelming majority of persons in the list were brahmins. Nehru asked for a revised list pointing out this fact. Unfortunately the second list submitted by Rajaji was loaded in favour of brahmins. Nehru then asked Kamaraj to prepare a list which was accepted.

This information is totally wrong.In 1937 sri.Nehru was NOT P.M.--In 1952 Madras Presidency assembly elections Congress was a minority party.A number of "Splinter" parties captured a number of seats. Communist party of india had won a large number of seats in (what is now called Andra pradesh) and North Malabar.They started discussing of forming a "minority" Government.At that time Rajaji was in Cootraalam discussing Tamil literature with Rasikamani. Sri.Kamaraj,T.N.Congress commitee president sent a few feelers ( I don't remember was it Dr.Subbharayan?)to Rajaji to become the C.M. of Madras Presidency,on the understanding that he would be made a member of Legeslative Council (Upper house).Opposition started making "noise"that this is "back-door" entry.Nehru did not approve this arrangement,because he felt this is un-democratic--later agreed on condition that Rajaji should win an assembly seat within 6 months (Constitution)Kalki Krishnamrthy worte a very strong Editorial in "Kalki"asking Rajaji to "decline" the offer.(A Lion=Governor General should Not become a cat=C.M.)Rajaji did NOT listen and he did not contest for an Assebly seat.He formed a minority government with the support of all "Splinter parties" and gave ministerial berth to all the leaders of "Splinter parties"--like Manicka Velar--sri.C.Subramaniam (Gounder) was Number II--there was not a single Brahmin in his cabinet.Afetr the death of Potti Sri Ramulu in Chennai--A.P.was formed.North Malabar and a small portion of Suth canara all seperated by recommendation of State Reorganisation Commission (SRC)100 % Tamil Speaking Land alone remained in Madras Presidency.Immediately sri.Kamaraj through sri.K.T.Kosalram(Congress) moved "No confidence motion" against Rajaji,who resigned immediately--Kulakkalvi" was an "excuse"--it was raised by sri.Periar on the suggestion of sri.Kamaraj.--sri.Kamaraj became C.M and he included a BRAHMIN in his cabinet till 1967.=>sri.R.Venkataraman.sri.Kamaraj had "liked" some Brahmins of his choice--sri.Satyamrthy--Sri.T.T.krishnamachari,sri.Gomathi Sankara Dheekshidar.(TVS) sri.T.S.Krishna.

Dear Somaiyyaji, Sri Subbu

I copy my earlier post on the subject - I just chose not to elaborate - whole generations of
people have been brainwashed. It's not just Rajaji - there is a whole pantheon of demi-gods
who have contributed to lousy condition our Country and State are in.

I see no point in trying to furnish facts and figures to people whose minds have been cultivated
and conditioned in a particular way - it'll almost tantamount to blasphemy, if one revealed the truth.

Dear AVVR

While I agree that Rajaji was one one of the greatest philosophers and writers of our times and hold
him high regard, certain actual events point quite to the contrary of the impression formed by you.

Through the decades, high decibel political propaganda and a certain degree of systematic indoctrination
have created "Larger-than-Life" images of very very ordinary people, with all their misgivings, almost elevating
them to a state of demigods.

In an attempt to get you disillusioned, I might end up hurting / offending you and others on this forum.

I have one question for you though:

Can you ever imagine the illustrious scientist Dr.Sri APJ Abdul Kalam, [after having served as the
President of India] occupying Sri PC's seat as Home Minister in Delhi or Selvi JJ's seat as CM of TN ?

Well, I'll leave it at that, for now.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

I happen to be from the same native place as Rajaji's. In a way related to him. The place is Thorappali agraharam in Krishnagiri district to be precise. I am sure there is no place for another intellectual leader like him in present day political sphere in TN if not India :) In future, at least, can a person/leader effectively represent our community ?

Dear Anarchist

Please read post # 2 of Sri Subbu and post # 3 of Sri Somayyaji of this thread.
These are just 'Tips of the Iceberg'.

Anyway, I have said all that I have to say in my post # 3.

Yay Yem

Dear Anarchist

Please read post # 2 of Sri Subbu and post # 3 of Sri Somayyaji of this thread.
These are just 'Tips of the Iceberg'.

Anyway, I have said all that I have to say in my post # 3.

Yay Yem

Dear Yam Yem,
Whatever you may say, Rajaji was considered as a leader by the Brahmins of his era....There was no two doubts on his intellectual prowess & spiritual strength...

However, as far as other communities are concerned Rajaji was perceived as leader of Brahmins only...That was his undoing...Hence he could not get mass support.

In todays's TN if you have to survive politically you have to get support from the the majority of communities...If you are within a small circle then it becomes difficult to garner support....

Mr. Vgane,
Whatever you may say, Rajaji was considered as a leader by the Brahmins of his era....There was no two doubts on his intellectual prowess & spiritual strength...
I agree with that part. He did not play his cards right, and consequently was irrelevant.
His swatatra party was before its time. He did not cultivate the Northern wing, the Brahmins in TN were a dwindling minority.

Rajaji was far ahead of his time. He was a brilliant Statesman. Gandhiji had described him as "his conscience keeper."Though he was known by Hindi sobriquet CR (Fox) he failed to play dirty political maneuvers.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Brahmanyan Ji,

You know I always thought you resemble this gentleman very very much.
I see him in lots of movies and serials but I dont know his name.
Check out this advertisement video at 11 seconds and you will see him.

[video=youtube_share;8NSdVIwYYe8]http://youtu.be/8NSdVIwYYe8[/video]

Dear Doctor,

The gentleman in the Advertisement must be younger to me, though he is bald in front like me.
Certainly I am not the person in the Ad. Ha. Ha.
Thanks and best wishes,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back