• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rail Budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another budget with nothing much to talk about.

Last year revenue less 8.5% of target with lower freight and passenger revenue.

Higher quota for senior citizens [lower berths] and women

No raise in passenger fares or freight rates. Small mercy.

More unreserved coaches and dedicated train for unreserved passengers , high speed train for lower class passengers , double decker for overnight night travel.

Increase in capital expenditure with 3 more dedicated corridors for freight traffic, two engine factories.

Better amenities in railway stations.-retirement room booking, food of choice, wifi , support handicapped , senior citizen -wheel chairs

Coolies to be renamed sahayaks.{ they want to be absorbed in railways as employees}

Tie up with state govts to implement projects with contribution from state govt -tamilnadu is interested

Ring railway to be energised in delhi with more trains.

Two dedicated elevated metros in mumbai.

Stock market gave a thumbs down with all railway related stocks crashing.

A totally lack lustre budget with nothing much for anyone.

hi

this is normal nice railway budget....not election time budget....always railway minister allot new trains to his/her home state....

we have enough new trains....now need more safety/cleaniliness/viability....no jimmick this year...thanks

During the past six months, during the journey, we get mobile telephone calls to elicit our opinion on the cleanliness of the Railway platforms, coaches etc., punctuality, comfortability of the AC cooling, cleanliness of the pillow, blankets etc., asking us to press numbers 0 or 1 or 2. I observe that platforms are much cleaner, coaches are neat, water is always available at the toilets. The connectivity of the IRCTC site has improved much.

If rail safety is improved to avoid accidents, I do not have any reason to complain. Still travel by train is cheaper and more comfortable than any other mode of travel.

Only reason I prefer rail travel is for senior citizen concession they offer.

I right royally travel AC first for overnight journey.

Beyond that I prefer budget airlines for time savings.

Since I plan five to six weeks in advance, it works out fine.

I prefer not to consume food offered on railways.

I do not go beyond tea or coffee.

Safe , economical and comfortable for short travel.

Specially in tamilnadu , road travel within the state is not safe.

They hold the record along with maharashtra for maximum road fatalities

Last edited:
Only reason I prefer rail travel is for senior citizen concession they offer.

I right royally travel AC first for overnight journey.

Beyond that I prefer budget airlines for time savings.

Since I plan five to six weeks in advance, it works out fine.

I prefer not to consume food offered on railways.

I do not go beyond tea or coffee.

Safe , economical and comfortable for short travel.

Specially in tamilnadu , road travel within the state is not safe.

They hold the record along with maharashtra for maximum road fatalities
hi
i agreed...same here....just visiting to southern tamil nadu/kovai /kerala route.....i prefer with train......really reliable

and enjoyable...even food is okay in southern raileay when compare with northern railway...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back