• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Radiations emitted from Computer screen and its harmful effects on health

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ramacchandran

Radiations emitted from Computer screen and its harmful effects on health

Today most of us cannot do without two things. One, Mobile phones two, Computers. Both are known to emit harmful radiations, electromagnetic radiation that harms us in different ways. There are many electronic products that we use today which have exposed us to harmful radiations. Computer radiation being one of them known as Extremely Low Frequency (ELF) which is also emitted from power lines, electrical sub-stations, TVs and other electrical and electronic appliances. Besides ELF Computers emit dangerous type of electromagnetic radiation, Microwave radiation. Routers, Wi-fi services, modems, printers, computers use microwave to provide radio communication between wireless-networked equipment. Radiation from computers is known to cause harm to our health. How much harm it causes depends on the intensity of these radiations and the frequency of exposure to these radiations.

There are some common harmful effects of computer radiation which most of us have experienced. For instance irritation to eyes and dryness due to computer radiation. Some other symptoms are as follows:

• Fatigue or tiredness after browsing the net for long hours.
  • Inability to concentrate.Difficulty in focusing after spending some time on the computer.
  • Headaches are frequent after exposure to computer.
  • Psychological problems,sense of judgement gets affected.
  • Anxiety and Depression.Feeling low and down for no reason.
  • Insomnia or lack of sleep.
  • Memory lapses
  • Dizziness
  • Feeling breathless even if you have proper ventilation.
  • Nauseous
These symptoms can be due to some other reason also. But if you are otherwise healthy and use computer for long durations and have experienced these effects then it becomes a cause for concern.
[h=2]Radiations from Computer[/h]
4564912_f248.jpg

Brilliant picture taken by Lii_ / Alistair HartSource: http://www.flickr.com/photos/61444548@N00/110855053/sizes/m/in/photostream/

[h=2]Laptop and Skin rash[/h]Placing laptops on thighs for long durations can harm your skin especially when there is direct contact. The underside of the laptop is warmer approximately 50 Centigrade, enough to cause rash on bare skin. Prolonged exposure to heat source or infrared source results in mild red rash,wherein thinning of skin and underlying tissue is observed. Lesions may develop and patients may experience mild itchiness and burning sensation.This case is known as toasted skin syndrome.

Ten simple steps to protect yourself from computer radiations

How to protect yourself from computer radiation?.
1. Increase intake of food rich in Vitamin A and C for example carrots, tomatoes, apples and cherries. These vitamins help to reduce the harmful effects of computer radiation considerably.
2. Studies by some british scientists found that drinking two cups of green tea a day and having an orange used to help computer users against the computer radiation. Electromagnetic radiation from computers also cause dryness and irritation to your eyes. Bananas can be taken to counter the damage since it is an easy source of potassium. Coconut water also can be taken. Have already mentioned the benefits of coconut water in one of my hubs.
3. Proper ventilation is a must. Place a cooler near your computer. Computer screens are known to emit certain types of carcinogenic substances called bromine dibenzofuran which can be extremely harmful to your health. If you can place your computer near the window it will reduce the radiation to some extent.
4. Computer radiation is emitted in all directions therefore placement of computer is very important to reduce radiation. Maintain proper distance from the screen as the maximum radiation is from this direction. Ideally 80cms is recommended. The desktop PCs in our office each produce computer radiation of about 1 milligauss at 60 cm, stronger towards the rear end.
5. Buy a new model if you can, because older models release more radiations almost twice the amount of radiation compared to the new ones.
6. EMF Radiation filters are available which can reduce radiations. Radiation filters also called antiglare screens. They are not very expensive. Avoid keeping any metallic substance next to the computer as they reflect electromagnetic radiations.The magnetic portion of electromagnetic radiation is the most dangerous part which can penetrate anything. It does not prevent radiation completely but help to reduce these harmful radiations.
7. Exposure to computer radiation for long time can cause skin burn, dry wrinkled skin and photo aging. The damage to the skin is similar to sun damage. The best way to prevent our skin from harmful radiations is to cover those areas completely. Since we cannot cover our face to work in front of the computer so we can apply a facial mask to prevent ourselves from the rays to some extent at least. Wash your face frequently, this can help reduce the harmful effects of emf radiations. Also your eyes will be protected by the strain. While reading on computer our eyes need to focus and concentrating for long hours harms the eye.
8. Some plants like Cactus is known to absorb radiations from computer so place some cactus plants near your computer. It will absorb the radiations in its direction only, so to protect yourself you should place your computer at a comfortable distance, since you cannot place the cactus in front of your screen.
9. Adjust the brightness of your computer before using it. The brighter the screen higher the radiation. Therefore, try to adjust the screen brightness that is not too bright or too dark for your eyes to capture. Very low level of brightness may irritate your eyes and strain your eyes so it is not recommended. Ideally adjust the screen to your satisfaction where you don't find any strain on your eyes.
10. Avoid placing laptops on your lap. Studies show low sperm count. Place them on a desk with a comfortable distance. Head and trunk are the most affected region by these radiation especially radiation emitted by the screen. Laptops have LCD screens so they are comparatively safer but they too have some drawbacks as i have mentioned above. LCD computer screens are therefore preferred to protect from computer radiations.
These simple steps can help you protect from computer radiation.
[h=2]Mobile phone radiations[/h]

Prolonged use of laptop keeping it on the lap is

one of the major causes of male impotency!

Youngsters and computer wizards beware!

ALWAYS USE A LAPTOP DESK.

It is convenient and safe! Even if you happen to place it on a fluffy bed

by mistake or oversight, the air circulation will not be blocked.

Last edited:
[h=1]It also endangers healthy relationships and marriages.

"Not tonight dear, I've got a laptop!"
Couples spend more time in bed
looking at screens than at each other.
[/h](Hope they don't turn to beer for compensation!)

LAPTOP USERS: BE AWARE!

A couple lost their 25 year old son in a fire at home on June 4th. The son who had graduated with MBA from the University of Wisconsin-Madison two weeks earlier had come home for a while. He had lunch with his dad at home and decided to go back to clean up his hostel room. His father told him to wait, to meet his mother, before he went back for a few days. He decided to take a nap while waiting for his mom to come back home from work. Some time later their neighbors called 911 when they saw black smoke coming out of the house.

Unfortunately, the 25 years old died in the three year old house. It took several days of investigation to find out the cause of the fire. It was determined that the fire was caused by the laptop resting on the bed. When the laptop was on the bed cooling fan did not get the air to cool the computer and that is what caused the fire. He did not even wake up to get out of the bed because he died of breathing in carbon monoxide.

The reason I am writing this to all of you is that I have seen many of us and also our brothers& sisters sons&daughters friends&family using the laptop while in bed. Let us all decide and make it a practice not to do that. The risk is real. Let us make it a rule not to use the laptop on bed with blankets and pillows around. Please educate as many people as you can.

A scary message from a forwarded mail.
We can never be too careful!

Considering the fact that now practically
everyone is a screenarian -
watching the P.C.screen :typing:
or the T.V.Screen, :ranger:
this thread deserves to got more replies ,
comments and feedback! :tsk:

How this computer world affect us?

Other day I went to my relative's house with a news (Of course a good one). It is sensitive news about our village and I wish to inform about a land I think.

The person whom I should talk was with a laptop, never hear me and gave no attention but wished to pack me out quickly and I left. After 4 hour he called me back and enquired about the news I was about to tell. At that time I was in no mood to tell. This lead to a break up in our relation. After that incidence I wished to stay away from him, hoping he will be busy at his work and not to disturb him. Any way I was not the looser. I wondered how his wife and children behave with him, since he has no time to spend with his family, spending hours together sitting before a computer even after working in office for 12 hrs.

I know of people who avoid phone calls/ visitors / anyone posing to be a disturbance when they watch T.V. or work on a P.C. or even read a newspaper.
Net result... They know everything happening across the world but not what is happening right inside their house.

Even a robber can steal his house hold., he will not move

Actually the scene came in a Tamil movie. The mamis would be watching the soap opera shedding copious tears. :Cry:
The drooling thatha would be watching the catwalk :heh:
by scantily dressed girls and they would guide the thieves to the rooms where the valuables were placed. :faint:

Even a robber can steal his house hold., he will not move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back