• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Radhe Maa named in dowry case; controversial pictures, video of god-woman goes viral

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is an effect of taking our itihasas and puranas very seriously :), and with total devotion ! Why, are we not doing what the gods did?

Years before she became Radhe Maa of Mumbai, she was Sukhwinder Kaur of Mukerian town in Hoshiarpur, Punjab. Residents there remember her as a teenager who stitched their clothes to back up the earnings of her husband, who worked in the sweetshop of his brother.
Radhe Maa, now 46, is at the centre of a controversy after a Mumbai woman complained to police that she incited her in-laws to harass her for dowry. Another complaint, filed by a lawyer, is about alleged obscenity; videos show her dancing to Bollywood numbers and being lifted by followers.
“We never saw any religious inclinations in her before she was married,” said a neighbour in Dorangla village, Gurdaspur, her parents’ home. The Indian Express found her parents’ house locked. “Her father, Ajit Singh, who died last year, worked with Punjab State Electricity Board. She was one of two brothers and three sisters,” the neighbour said.

Gajendra Chauhan, FTII Society chairman
“…Me and my wife Mukta have been visiting Radhe Maa to take her blessings since last year at mata ki chowki at Borivali Bhavan… Even we held one mata ki chowki at our residence and invited her to bless us and other devotees… She had told us that she goes abroad and loves shopping and moves around as a normal girl contrast to her attire as Devi Maa. We feel devotees believe in her and her blessing power strongly but surely we also felt that she could be misunderstood by her childish and contrast life in public. I Hope she clarifies herself on this controversy soon. And God bless her.”
- See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/meet-sukhwinder-who-once-tailored-clothes-and-then-became-radhe-maa/#sthash.DT660LGa.dpuf

That should be reason enough to fire Gajendra Chauhan, it shows he is unfit.

Last edited:
At the end of the day even the best of Gurus or any Shankaracharya for the matter can never reveal fully about Religion or God cos as finally does anyone really know? God knows? Does God even know? I dont know..so as long Bhaktas are kept happy and have fun within legal limits I do not see any harm.

Religion is not supposed to be "fun".

At the end of the day even the best of Gurus or any Shankaracharya for the matter can never reveal fully about Religion or God cos as finally does anyone really know? God knows? Does God even know? I dont know..so as long Bhaktas are kept happy and have fun within legal limits I do not see any harm.

I am sure you can keep any bhakta happy and high on narcotic, but I am sure you would not do it. Similarly with your scholarly knowledge you can cheat many Bhakta (gullible), but your moral values will not allow it. To take money from gullible people by promising and misleading is called conning. Sometimes it is illegal.

I am sure you can keep any bhakta happy and high on narcotic, but I am sure you would not do it. Similarly with your scholarly knowledge you can cheat many Bhakta (gullible), but your moral values will not allow it. To take money from gullible people by promising and misleading is called conning. Sometimes it is illegal.

For me its not about moral values.

I do not have the endurance and perseverance to be a fraud.

I am sure we all know that one needs extra effort to tell a lie..speaking the truth is much easier...it takes less energy and hardly stressful and there is also no need to keep a mental record of what we say cos truth never changes.

Life would be too stressful to be a fraud..not everyone can handle the stress.

I am not that great at handling stress..so I would not qualify to be a fraud.

Its not about morals finally..its about stress handling and what our body prefers...that way we are less judgemental.

Last edited:
Sonu Nigam defends his Radhe Maa comments

Sonu Nigam, a popular singer had this to say when he was attacked for supporting Radhe Ma.

"To my fellow Indians... To the people who both do, and don't have the honesty to read a message in it's real context, interestingly ... Over the years, we have created another kind of rowdy mob of hooligans, a Twitter Mob, that has no boundaries. That will mercilessly and pointlessly abuse and attack, you could be a senior actor, you could be someone's wife or mother. They don't care! But I put across my point in Complete awareness of the consequences .. I know that religious hypocrites go on offensive when they are cornered philosophically. Rational point of views have always received brickbats initially before the wise of the society come together to empower it.

# Point 1, I have no clue who she is.. Never met her... But in my eyes, she's someone's wife, someone's daughter, and many others, call her a mother.

# Point 2, if she's proven guilty by the law, she'll be punished by law. Before that, she's as respectable a citizen as you and me. And more so since she's a woman in a country infamous for it's rapes and atrocities over women.

# Point 3, a country that worships Kaali maa, who's depicted in the least clothes, (and I've been ok all my life with it, so should everyone else be), has the galls to judge someone's spiritual quotient by his/her attire! A country that has a Mela called Kumbh, where thousands of Naked Naga Saadhus roam around; a country that has Digaambar Jains whi don't wear anything, for religious reasons, has issues with a woman merely wearing a short dress in her personal time! How does the number and length of clothes on a person define his or her Spiritual Quotient?

# Point 4, we have issues with her dancing on songs, most dancers like Hema Malini, portray Durga ballet on stage regularly. So? Big Deal? If her devotees have no issues with it, why should we be bothered? They see their God in a dancing Guru, many others see their God's in a SAI Baba Idol, or a Shiva Idol!! What then is a difference between those terrorists who call everyone else who don't follow Islam as Kaafirs, and us? Where does religious freedom go?

http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...-comments-calls-trolls-hypocritical-aes-33293

Anup Jalota, son of Puroshottam Jalota, well known bhajan singer said this in a tv interview.

"I know radhe ma, I attend her satsang when I get time; I have given bhajan concerts in her satsangh; she does not charge anyone and admission is free for the satsangh. All she does is dances and blesses those who approach her without demanding money. It is the devotee's choice to seek blessings, dance or contribute. There is no immoral or illegal activity as far as I know. There is one lady in kerla, who hugs and embraces all who come to her, even 10000 at one time." When the anchor raised the issue of dowry harassment charges, jalota said "such charges can easily be made against you or me easily without any evidence; it is for the police to investigate and take action if there is any evidence, and allow rule of law to proceed. But such demonising by the media to defame and humiliate a person is highly objectionable and reprehensible".

Anup jalota calmly and effectively put his views and exposed media madness.

And there are hundreds more from american continent. Issue is to accuse one of dowry harassment based on a single charge, and defame him/her on totally unrelated and unconnected issues. I hope one day the media is heavily punished and penalised for wanton destruction of people's lives.

Asaram bapu too has not been charged for close to two years, and he has't got bail too. Abhishek singhvi was videoed with his pants down, but did get a supreme court gag order on showing the video in media. The supreme court acts in mysterious ways.

Appears to be two great defence counsels for "Maa"

Oh My God, writes Twinkle Khanna

Around a year ago, Mommy dearest told me a little about Radhe Maa. An acquaintance of mother’s was a follower and he had been rather keen to take her to visit the god-woman. Mother, not one to pass up on adventures, went along. When she got back that evening, I dropped by for the dope on this rather famous individual as I had seen her on more hoardings than the three Khans put together.

Over cups of green tea, I asked mommy, ‘So did this holy lady say anything insightful?’

‘No, she doesn’t really speak,’ replied Mother.

Err.. Alright, on to the next question, ‘Did she do something miraculous, you know, like, conjure tubes of Fair & Lovely out of thin air?’
Read more at: http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/column-oh-my-god-writes-twinkle-khanna-2116581

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awed by Radhe Maa

[h=2]How many 50-plus women can wield the trishul and a rose with equal aplomb?[/h]
Once I had a mini-skirt. It went with my 20s. Once I bought a red lipstick. It lay clotting in my purse. Once I was offered a shimmery magenta lehnga (yes, that used to be a colour). I paled at the sight of it. Once I skipped in the grass. I only dare break into a brisk walk now, and hope it’s a pleasant sight. Once I may have wanted to land kisses on some cheeks. I have fewer (please note the few-er) arms open in welcome now. Once I thought I would never look 51. I look at that mini-skirt, that lipstick, that lehnga, those cheeks — and know that too shall come to pass.

So yes, dear Radhe Maa, consider me awed. Even if awesome may not be the word I use for you. How many 50-plus women we know can wield the trishul and a full-bloom red rose with equal aplomb, legs in boots and arms in wedding bangles with equal chutzpah, dance freely and hug indiscriminately in equal measure, and when questioned, just lift a finger up and say: “He is with me”?

And, by all accounts, god has been kind. She has a following of thousands, including right-minded and high-minded celebrities, loves her diamonds and flaunts them, disarmed the most pestilential television reporters with a peck, and in that ultimate conquering of Bombay, is planning her son’s Bollywood debut, with shooting in Thailand. All that in one package.

Read more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/opinion/columns/awed-by-radhe-maa/

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no complaint about her cheating devotees, charging money, demanding high value gifts for seeking her darsha, or getting her blessings or joining her in a dance. If someone has complained about dowry harassment, investigation and media coverage must be limited to the accusation, and not hound. If vdefamation laws are strong and verdicts given in a short time, this kind of voyeuristic drama by the media will come to an end.

Controversial 'godwoman' Radhe Maa faces yet another another allegation by TV star Dolly Bindra, IBN Live reported. The actress told the news channel that she had been asked by the godwoman to have a "sexual relationship with a stranger". The channel reported that Bindra has filed a complaint in a Mumbai police station, naming 20 people with the allegation.
Bindra told the channel that such incidents were common in the godwoman's satsang and that they had tried to exploit her. "Once, her son and her follower tried to molest me in front of her other followers" she told the channel.

Let us see how RadheMaa fan spin this story.

Controversial 'godwoman' Radhe Maa faces yet another another allegation by TV star Dolly Bindra, IBN Live reported. The actress told the news channel that she had been asked by the godwoman to have a "sexual relationship with a stranger". The channel reported that Bindra has filed a complaint in a Mumbai police station, naming 20 people with the allegation.
Bindra told the channel that such incidents were common in the godwoman's satsang and that they had tried to exploit her. "Once, her son and her follower tried to molest me in front of her other followers" she told the channel.

Let us see how RadheMaa fan spin this story.

Many Godman / Maas are finally turned out to be retail/whole sale dealers of drugs / sex, with high profile customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back