• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Quiz to find out whether materialistic or not

sravna

What are your answers to the following quiz?

Note: when I say is it A or B then it means A is mostly absent in B and vice versa.

1. Wealthy life or righteous life
2. Wealthy spouse or moral spouse
3. Happiness or comforts
4. Do you believe in God or do not
5. High paying foreign job or a low paying job in home country
6. Are you emotional and intuitive or rational
7. Like being with family or being with friends and colleagues
8. Do you do charity or do not
9. Do you love pets or do not
10. Do you believe in equality or believe that some are better than others

Once you are done check the scoring below and may report it here.

Score 10 points if you chose the first alternative for questions 1,2and 5. Otherwise if you chose the second alternative for these above Score zero.

Score ten points if you chose the second alternative for questions 3,4,6,7,8,9,10. Otherwise score zero

Sum up the scores.

Interpretation

0 to 30. Not materialistic
70 to 100. Highly materialistic
30 to 70 Balanced approach to life

It isnt easy to answer..its just two choices.
Most of us are not so young anymore and we have learnt to take the middle path in life.

Btw one can be wealthy and righteous both.
One can experience emotions yet be rational.
You didnt have the option of being alone...its just family and friends..
Both family and friends are importance especially family..most women dont rely on friends and prefer family but for spiritual life time alone is most conducive.
I dont have pets but i feed stray cats..around 5 of them stay at my house compound.

I dont divide people into better or lesser or equal..I feel we all differ but in ways for general functioning and our differences isnt measured on any scale...but I believe everyone should have an equal opportunity.

Btw one can be wealthy and righteous both.
One can experience emotions yet be rational.
You didnt have the option of being alone...its just family and friends..
Both family and friends are importance especially family..most women dont rely on friends and prefer family but for spiritual life time alone is most conducive.
I dont have pets but i feed stray cats..around 5 of them stay at my house compound.

I dont divide people into better or lesser or equal..I feel we all differ but in ways for general functioning and our differences isnt measured on any scale...but I believe everyone should have an equal opportunity.
Renuka,

I put up a note saying if A or B means A is mostly not in B and vice versa.

The question asks your inclination between the two though you really may like to be something else or even like to be both. I thought too many choices would make it less accurate.

Sravna..my score is Zero.
But the job part is not as easy to answer..because the pay out here for a professional is good.
If you have your own practice it can be high too.
So its not as if the pay here at my home country is low and another country is higher.

But I would not want to migrate to any country.
I love the country I am born in.

It isnt easy to answer..its just two choices.
Most of us are not so young anymore and we have learnt to take the middle path in life.
Sravna..my score is Zero.
But the job part is not as easy to answer..because the pay out here for a professional is good.
If you have your own practice it can be high too.
So its not as if the pay here at my home country is low and another country is higher.

But I would not want to migrate to any country.
I love the country I am born in.
Wow Renuka! It is difficult to be zero as you are strongly opposed by the world. But that also says you will be mentally very strong.

Wow Renuka! It is difficult to be zero as you are strongly opposed by the world. But that also says you will be mentally very strong.
I am not strongly opposed by the world nor do I oppose life style of others which might differ from me.

I wont say I am mentally strong..as a human I can be both strong and weak or balanced depending on the situation.

If a cockroach were to fly and land on me, I would be the first to scream.

If I cant handle something I dont force myself to do it.

For eg a restaurant I went too today was fully digital..menu too digital..you would have to scan the QR code to see the menu to order.

I dont like QR code etc..so I asked them if I could order manually.
They said I would have to go to the counter and order myself and pay up front.
I said ok..left my seat and ordered my food.

I admit I didnt keep up with technology here..I know how to scan QR code etc..but when it comes to food I prefer just not having to use my smart phone.

I am quite good in playing stupid and not wanting to be digital 24/7.

So is it my weakness? Well to some extent..does it bother me? Nope.
I knows others will wonder " OMG, she must be so stupid not to keep up"..but its no big deal.
Stupid is cool too.

Last edited:
Renuka,

Many a times our own perception of self differs from how others perceive us and what is reality.

Btw I would also score a zero.

I took today one test on internet trying to predict whether one would be rich or poor. It predicted the latter for me. Another way of saying I am not materialistic.

Renuka,

Many a times our own perception of self differs from how others perceive us and what is reality.

Btw I would also score a zero.

I took today one test on internet trying to predict whether one would be rich or poor. It predicted the latter for me. Another way of saying I am not materialistic.
One can be having less money yet be materialistic..and one can be rich and yet not be materialistic.
Its our desires which determines our materialistic nature.

1663504260945.png

I better give credit otherwise a certain member will claim that it is Plagiarism.

One can be having less money yet be materialistic..and one can be rich and yet not be materialistic.
Its our desires which determines our materialistic nature.
Renuka you are talking about exceptions. I am talking about generality. Also I am talking more in relative than absolute terms as this is kali Yuga.

Renuka you are talking about exceptions. I am talking about generality. Also I am talking more in relative than absolute terms as this is kali Yuga.
One can be spiritual or materialistic in any Yuga.
Even the best of Yugas had all sorts of materialistic people.

The whole Ramayana was a game of thrones among the Queens of wanting their sons to ascend the throne.

Mahabharat too was about the throne.
So even the good one had tons of desires.

Honestly its not about the Yuga, its about the individual.
Dronacharya wanted revenge to kill Drupada.

Is he spiritual?
Nope..materialistic..cos revenge is material.

Chanakya was not living as rich person..he lived a simple life but revenge too was his motive to get back to the King who had insulted him.

So was he spiritual?
I think you know the answer.

Latest ads

Back