• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Puri priests manhandle Italian Odissi dancer Ileana Citaristi on Lord Jagannath's cha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nepal royal priest harassed at Puri temple

I wonder why this news item did not get any publicity!

Puri, July 24: Barely three days after an assault on Italy born Odissi dancer Ileana Citaristi on the chariot of Lord Jagannath, the Nepal's royal priest (rajguru) Madhav Prasad Bhattarai also faced harassment at the hands of a lady police person at the 12th century shrine. The incident took place last evening when Bhattarai, a guest of Puri Sankaracharya Swami Nischalananda Saraswati, visited Sri Mandir through southern gates of the shrine after he underwent mandatory security checks at the main entrance.

However, according to an FIR lodged by Bhattarai, a lady constable stopped them on the midway within the temple premises and raised suspicion about the royal priest's religion.

"Though we told her that I was a Hindu, she did not listen. However, she allowed us to go after some senior priests intervened," Bhattarai said in the FIR. Bhattarai who was upset over the development, however, had darshan of the deity accompanied by royal family's temple priest Sunil Pujapanda. When the matter came to the knowledge of the Shankaracharya, he called up the Puri SP and demanded immediate action against the erring police woman. "We have placed the woman constable under suspension on the basis of the complaint," Puri SP Anup Kumar Sahoo said.

Read more at: Nepal royal priest harassed at Puri temple,woman cop suspended - Oneindia News

I wonder why this news item did not get any publicity!

an assault on Italy born Odissi dancer Ileana Citaristi on the chariot of Lord Jagannath, the Nepal's royal priest (rajguru) Madhav Prasad Bhattarai also faced harassment at the hands of a lady police person at the 12th century shrine.

I thought Hindus are the one who gave this power to authorities. THey boldly proclaim that only hindus are allowed in select Hindu Temples. But no where there is a clear definition of who is Hindu. That gives the right to security persons to question that premise any time.
I am against any such rules.

What has that got to do with this thread? If you want to start a new thread, please do.

Prasadji,
I will make a limited point regarding the underlined portion. Let us leave aside the facts of this case, there is a serious trust deficit between media organisations and consumers in India.It started with selling of editorial space by TOI followed by other newspapers. The rot was furthered by deliberate plants and editorial slants. Nadir was the Radiagate. After Radiagate it was nauseating to see the journalists involved in it brazening out the allegations. Worse, they threatened legal action against bloggers if they were critical of these worthies. As of now our English MSM is totally subservient to the dynasty and nothing critical of them would be published or at best would be glossed over. Its hard to take media on face value these days and one is forced to question the motivations. The automatic suspension of disbelief is no longer there while reading or viewing news.

We should check the credibility of all reports, that is given.
Having said that we still have to investigate every incident.
Reports and opinion of AAm Admi, reporters, Government officers, Judges, temple priest, the Temple Goons all count. You can not discount a report of unwanted activity just because you do not like it, is not acceptable solution to the problem.

What would your suggest?

I have visited hundreds of temples from Vaishno Devi to Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple...This includes temples in Himachal, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, Karnataka, AP & Kerala...Not once I faced any fleecing by the Priests of any kind

I think we are going over board on this...

But this incident needs to be investigated & let the truth come out

I have visited hundreds of temples from Vaishno Devi to Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple...This includes temples in Himachal, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, Karnataka, AP & Kerala...Not once I faced any fleecing by the Priests of any kind

I think we are going over board on this...

But this incident needs to be investigated & let the truth come out

I wish I can agree with you, but I have to be honest. I have been harassed by priest is Temple in The north (Banaras & Gaya), priests in South India, and in West (Nadwara), and Puri. To me a pujari coming out and asking, begging, or demanding money is a harassment.

No body has physically assaulted me yet.

There are hundred common points; puri, jagannath, rath yatra, temple entry, assault, foreigners, hindus, non hindus, politics, brahminsim, adavadithanam, patiality in reporting and analysis, obfuscation, priest bashing, big list!

Soft fatwa? Stay away, my thread!

What has that got to do with this thread? If you want to start a new thread, please do.

There are hundred common points; puri, jagannath, rath yatra, temple entry, assault, foreigners, hindus, non hindus, politics, brahminsim, adavadithanam, patiality in reporting and analysis, obfuscation, priest bashing, big list!

Soft fatwa? Stay away, my thread!
Even if it was not a thread started by me, i would ask you to stick to the thread, that is common etiquette and courtesy.
In accounting there is a reasons to break items into categories for a reason, you might lump everything under one category called "miscellaneous". I guess you might be that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back