• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Puja and saligram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Shri Sundachu,

I am giving below the Srivaishnava sampradaya with regards to Thiruvaaradanam as it's called in SV sampradayam.

To be able to perform Thiruvaaadanam, one should have undergone Samaasrayanam or panchasamskaram through an Acharya.Others can participate in the Thiruvaraadanam.

Thiruvaradanam to Salagraama perumal is performed after Maadyahnikam.This is also refered to as Ijyai There are six aasanas to be performed:

Mantraasanam(Nyasa vimsati of swami Desikan is recited)
Snaanaasanam( Thirumanjanam is performed with Purusha suktam recitation and Ghanta seva)
Alankaaraasanam and mantrapushpam (Chandanam,Doopam, deepam, pushpam, mantrapushpam-Narayana upanishad etc)
Bhojyaasanam(neivedyam,Thaligai amudu seidal)
Punarmantraasanam
Paryankaasanam

Finally one partakes Perumal theertam and distributes theertha, prasadam to all.

Regards,

Will anyone enlighten me on the daily aradhanai of saligram. Is it necessary to follow the strict orthodox habits at home as it is in the pujaroom.?
sundararajan
hi sundararajan sir,
i do saligramam puja daily....i do abhishekam with neivedyam.....kind of panchopachara puja daily.....abhishkeam/chadan/kumkum
doopam/deepam neivedyam...im not SV sampradaya...im a smartha....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back