• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Publisher, Author of 24 Books & A Tea-Seller – Meet Laxman Rao

• Thread starter V.Balasubramani
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Publisher, Author of 24 Books & A Tea-Seller – Meet Laxman Rao

Laxman Rao is a tea seller by day and a student and author by night, Rao came a long tough way. Rao, an 8th class dropout left home at the age of 18 in search of work. He worked hard to pursue his dreams and today he has written 24 books out of them, 12 have been published and six have gone into reprint. He is also a graduate in B.A. and currently pursuing M.A. in Hindi literature with his son doing M.Com in the same institution.

This 63-year old who has been selling tea in ITO in New Delhi is truly an inspiration and motivation to many. His willpower and dedication to take forward his work and dreams on parallel grounds is not something many would find the determination to do. In 1979, he published his first book, ‘New stories for a new world’ later which Times of India carried an article on his life titled, ‘Rolling paans and writing books’.

He was also invited by the late Prime Minister of India, Mrs. Indira Gandhi after he started occupying headlines in newspapers. Former President of India, Pratibha Patil, by his man that she invited him over to the Rashtrapathi Bhavan. His book, Ramdas, which has also been adapted into a play, has sold over 3,000 copies.

However, Even after authoring 24 books, Rao still sells tea by roadside daily to support his family as the income from the books does not help in meeting the two ends.

Read more at: http://thelogicalindian.com/story-f...hor-of-24-books-a-tea-seller-meet-laxman-rao/

It is saddening to read that income derived through publishing books does not seem to meet both the ends.

But it is nice to see that there are hardworking personnel selling tea to take care of the family expenses and simultaneously authoring books. Some do have burning passion.

Wishing him all the best.

Read also...

This Delhi roadside chaiwalla cycles 100 km a day to peddle his 24 books
Excerpts.........

Looking at me no one can tell that I write books. They look at my ramshackle cycle, my worn out clothes smudged with dirt and sweat and think I am just another peddler. I don’t tell anyone it’s my book until they inquire about the author,

Read more at: http://yourstory.com/2015/05/chaiwalla-author/

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back