• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Proud of indians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear and Respected Members,

1. Mark Twain - American Author "India has two million Gods and worships them all. In religion all other countries are paupers, India is the only millionaire"
2. Mark Twain - American author. "India is the cradle of the human race, the birth place of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive material in the history of man are treasured up in India only"
3.Romain Rolland - French Scholar " If there is One place on the face of earth, where all the dreams of a living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, It is India"
4.Max Mueller - German Scholar" If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most fully pondered upon the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India"
5. Albert Einstein - American Scientist "We owe a lot to the Indians who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made"
6.Will Durrant - American Historian "India was the motherland of our race and Sanskrit, the mother of Europe’s languages, she was the mother of our philosophy, mother through the Arab of much of our mathematics, mother through the Buddha of ideals embodied in Christianity, mother through the village community of self government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all"

A.V.V.RAJAGOPAL-COIMBATORE-TAMILNADU

Dear and Respected Members,

1. Mark Twain - American Author "India has two million Gods and worships them all. In religion all other countries are paupers, India is the only millionaire"
2. Mark Twain - American author. "India is the cradle of the human race, the birth place of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grandmother of tradition. Our most valuable and most instructive material in the history of man are treasured up in India only"
3.Romain Rolland - French Scholar " If there is One place on the face of earth, where all the dreams of a living men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the dream of existence, It is India"
4.Max Mueller - German Scholar" If I were asked under what sky the human mind has most fully developed some of its choicest gifts, has most fully pondered upon the greatest problems of life, and has found solutions, I should point to India"
5. Albert Einstein - American Scientist "We owe a lot to the Indians who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made"
6.Will Durrant - American Historian "India was the motherland of our race and Sanskrit, the mother of Europe’s languages, she was the mother of our philosophy, mother through the Arab of much of our mathematics, mother through the Buddha of ideals embodied in Christianity, mother through the village community of self government and democracy. Mother India is in many ways the mother of us all"

A.V.V.RAJAGOPAL-COIMBATORE-TAMILNADU

Dear Sir,

What you wrote is so true..sometimes the radiance of a Diamond is only realized by others who are watching it from far.

The Diamond on the other hand is too busy wondering where the source of Light for its radiance is coming from just like how Lord Brahma was diving deep into the stalk of the lotus wondering where He came from.

There is no harm in trying to find out where the source of light came from but in that process we should not make our own lives dim cos I seldom see any Indian these days write a few words of praise of their own heritage.

I thank Mr. Rajagopal is presenting a rather balanced view. Of the glorious past; and pockets of the inglorious present.

Dear Rajagopal sir,

I have a question for you which I get a feeling you might not answer but I will still ask anyway.

You start great threads for discussion but why you disappear after each opening act?

Great Mr Ramanathan, well consolidated. as someone said in this column, we Indians dont know about us much. only when westeners point out our glory we come to know. Bharat Mahan. when I was asked by my sone to sign papers for US Green Card, I put a condition i.e. I should be allowed to go to India atleast for two months in a year. Living in India is a great experience. with all the problems India still is a grteat country. one of my friendswho was returning to India, asked me one day that why he was so happy today; he himself anseered to say that he is going back to India. this is an attachment one cannot detach. I am proud of being Indian and also TB

hI Mr sudeshwer
Like yourself there is no parallel to one's own country; our TB culture is very precious and sacred. When you go abroad for employment or for being with your children
you tend to nurture a feeling that you would like to return to our country to be
homesto ick for the simple reason that you would like to be very close to your loved
ones

Hi Sudeswar
Like yourself I too hold that there is no parallel to our country; in particular, our TB culture is very precious and
sacred. When you go abroad to be with your children on a permanent basis, you tend to feel that you should
like to return soon to be with your close family members, to meet your relations and friends, to visit temples,to attend
religious discourses and music concerts, to travel to places of religious and historic importance and to pursue
other vocations. Incidentally, have you been able to obtain green card and will you be able to make a trip to
India every year for two months stay?
PC RAMABADRAN

The Moderator
Tamil Brahmins Forum
RE; PROUD OF INDIANS
There is a garbled message of mine sent inadvertednly today which kindly ignore. The other message on
the same subject is the correct one. Thanks.
PC RAMABADRAN

Hi PCRamabadran,
yes my wife and myself are US Green card holders. almost every year we come to India and stay for almost 5 months; only this year we stayed only for two months. you see all facilities are available for sradham etc here but my wife feels 'madi' cannot be maintained here; so, invariably we plan to come to India at a time when we can do my parents' sradham. apart from srardham, you see there are other advantages like gtg doctor appointment, purchasing medicine, ofcourse going to temples, attending religious function, meeting close relations and friends. fortunately here I do drive as I hold California Driving License yet the distance is so much, it becomes difficult to go even to temples. we have two children; both of them out of India; children dont want us to stay alone in India at our this age. but we feelmore comfortable in India; at the sametime we have to listen our children. it is a dilema; we have to put up with

Hi Sudeswar

I am in the same plight as you are. We too are greencard holders issued in 2009 and have been visiting India
once in a year or sometimes once in one and half years. We are per circumstances required to go to Mumbai
to attend to few matters of interest and importance. I would like to know in your case when you were granted greencards? How long I can stay in India without any hazzle?.Do I have to intimate the MEDICAL people in advance
since we are registered with MEDICAL and meet the doctors every month for general check up and pick up medicines as prescribed.
Kindly advise me the exact position as the people are flooding us with different and confusing interpretations.
I am 80 years old and would like to dispose of my flat and reduce my holdings ingin Mumbai in view of our
debilitating health.Once you clarify in clearer terms, my mind would be clarified and my wife and I would not
llike to be scared.

PC RAMABADRAN

Hi Sudeswar

I am in the same plight as you are. We too are greencard holders issued in 2009 and have been visiting India
once in a year or sometimes once in one and half years. We are per force required to go to Mumbai
to attend to few matters of interest and importance. I would like to know in your case when you were granted greencards? How long I can stay in India without any hazzle?.Do I have to intimate the MEDICAL people in advance
since we are registered with MEDICAL and meet the doctors every month for general check up and pick up medicines as prescribed.
Kindly advise me the exact position as the people are flooding us with different and confusing interpretations.
I am 80 years old and would like to dispose of my flat and reduce my holdings in Mumbai in view of our
debilitating health.Once you clarify in clearer terms, my mind would be at rest and my wife and I would not
like to get scared. We would love to be in Mumbai and Chennai for our health.Our
both sons would not like us to be alone in India for want of help and support
in case of exigency.

PC RAMABADRAN

Respected Shri PC Ramabadran,
80 yrs in one's life is great. when you plan to celebrate yr Sadabhishegam! We pray for yr blessing. I am not young. I will be completing 77 next month. wish to reach yr age God willing. now coming to the point. I also got Greencard on Jan.2009. Medical means y should be in California Am I right! If so, I may say I am in Fremont. why do you go to doctor every month? unless you are not keeping good health because in California for medical people, you will have to go to doctor once in four months only unless there is an emergency. You see, under Greencard system, GCHolders should come back to USA within 180 days whenever they go out of USA. ofcourse, if you go out of USA every year and stay out for six months, then, US Customs will certainly question you because Greencard is granted to those who has to stay in US permanently. There is also a provision by which you can stay out of US for even one year but for that you, better, need to have advance permission. you see we are based in Delhi for more than half centuary. I too have some properties. I file IT Returns and pay property tax; apart from my parents' sradham, I also complete these formalities whenever I go over to Delhi. I have no intention of selling of my Delhi properties but in yr case you say 'debilitating health'. so, you will have to decide. How comfortable you are with yr children???? till end some solid fund is advisable to be kept with you. Nobody has seen tomorrow. Pl count upon me for any suggestions/clarification. pl feel free to get in touch with me. my Email ID: [email protected]. My name is K. Srinivasan

Shri Ramabadran, in continuation, dont inform Medical people when you go out of US. also, ensure yearly redermination form is submitted in person in time and not by post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back