• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Price rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shri Talwan:Yes sir you are right. You need money to run the undertakings or services. There can be reasonable or only nominal increase. But these establishments have raging fire in their stomach. They feed the govt also. Be that as it may, when the Pay Commission restructures the pay structure, the businessmen, traders, all get wind of it and jack up the prices without considering the sectors from which the customer comes!

But who is giving rise to the unorganized sector. It is actually this sector which does production of components for assembly of their units, and units themselves. Of course, the very idea of sub-contracting jobs to unorganized sector was to keep down the prices of components at the same time the mother companies can limit their liabilities. Besides, they can drive competition while not subjecting themselves any competition. You give all names to those corporate schemers. The unorganized sector is much bigger (and actual contributor to production) than organized sector. But the income disparities between the hands of the 2 sectors will be confounding, even after giving allowance to technical qualifications and expertise. But nobody talks about this unorganized sector people and their woes. If we say it is their fate, what the govt. is for.

The inequality of distribution has been factored into by the govt. policies.
Price rise affects all, but the unorganized sector or people who play chadu-gudu along the BPL are the worst sufferers. We may not be able to improve their lot, but talking against them in a round about way is itself a sin.

Last edited:
dear sir !
your point is correct in respect of quality and quantity since their supply chain large .but definitely it affect so many small vendors whose live hood depends on small investment business.so many aged people who are not able to visit shops are getting their need at door step.they can not make online shopping also
cheers

dear sir !
that is why our aged people used say
i must get anayasa maranam
i must not be burden to any body &reach GOD's lotus feet without giving any trouble to any body
health is wealth
pasiya varam tha eraiva etc.
my mother expired at the age of 90 yrs without diturbing any body even though she is polio attacked since her childhood and performing all jobs with one left hand which include cutting vegetables ,drawing water from well etc she not used walking stick or shoes
will power is her strength.no body can be equal to her hospitality and even in late night she will offer hot tiffin to her guest
cheers

dear raji ram !
that is true .we realize our elders value only after their period.during their life period people wlll be making mockery of their hospitality.with comments like yemaly,over enthusiastic,not realizing the present day situation etc.during my school days i will be the first person to submit all application with revenue officila certificate because of her love and devotion .my teachers were aware of it and use say in class room that all should a mother like SN(for this also she was very proud-she studied 5 th class )
guruvayurappan

dear sir !
your point is correct in respect of quality and quantity since their supply chain large .but definitely it affect so many small vendors whose live hood depends on small investment business.so many aged people who are not able to visit shops are getting their need at door step.they can not make online shopping also
cheers

dear appan,

it might be helpful, if you dont mind, name the person whom you are addressing. others can always butt in.

re this concern of yours, i feel, that there is always a place in india, for the samll vendors, with personalized home to home service.

all this fdi will ensure that the middle men do not gorge all the profits they way they do now. also bring wasteage of food to zero, through improved containers, refrigeration, canning etc.

you might have noticed that our food habits are changing. i grew up in madras with nellore rice as the staple, as madrasis of those times would mark their meals with no other rice but that from nellore.

all that has changed, and now a days, we even have prepared foods. also, with fridges in many families, we have to depend on leftovers as a meal for another occassion. does that mean that raappicchais are going hungry? all it means, is that with development, both of materials and attitudes, there is increasing room, for more than one solution.

hope you dont mind giving this a thought. thank you.

dear appan,

re this concern of yours, i feel, that there is always a place in india, for the samll vendors, with personalized home to home service.

all this fdi will ensure that the middle men do not gorge all the profits they way they do now. also bring wasteage of food to zero, through improved containers, refrigeration, canning etc.

Dear K,

In India the FDI is not for any selfless purposes but to make maximum profits and repatriate it to home country/tax havens. Already the friendly neighbourhood 'maLikaikkaDai' is fast disappearing; the fellow who used to come most mornings "thEnka eNNEyyyy, nalleNNEy...." is not seen for a few years now. He is jobless. Vegetable vendors come erratically and when I asked my regular vendor, she said what they get is the unsold, rejects from the super/hyper-markets which they (the marketwallahs) dump into the regular market on chosen days of their convenience; so these women go early in the morning and wait for the truck to come and if it doesn't come they go home-no business that day. The regular vegetable market shop-keepers also tell that they get supplies only once in a while because the supermarket people advance moneys in crores to the traditional middlemen in the vegetable trade in Nagercoil, Tirunelveli, Karnataka and even places within kerala with good vegetable production and "corner" all produce for themselves. There is 'life & death' competition between the retail chain stores and the middlemen get the maximum benefits by playing one against the other.

So, the 'dalaal' is very much alive and kicking; if at all he is prospering at the cost of price rise. One day one item (vegetable) will be cheap in the supermarket but next day it can go even double or treble that price. So, one has to be a daily visitor to the supermarket.

Rice @ 28 Rs. is no longer available in ordinary provision shops but it can be got @30 or 31 in the supermarket; reason, all supplies cornered by supermarket by advancing crores and crores to AP rice mills!

Hence these retail chains and supermarkets will wreck the poor and not-so-rich people; only those who earn in $ can manage, it looks like!

dear kunjuppu sir !
what you said is correct and any thing to tried.our mind set up is always think twice before any new attempt is made.we should not do things in hurry and repent it leisurely after wards.leave alone rapitchai,even house maid are not accepting the leftout ( they will throw it out inour street corner if you compel them ).we are only eating it by keeping it in fridge (each and everything right from sambar ,chutney etc.) which is not acharam in olden days concept .can we not prepare the required qty ?beggar and house maid will will accept if it is fresh .our indian lifestyle yet not changed for wal mart,tesco etc .i am sorry to underline this since i also visited foreign countries. our behavior&law abiding is different while in india and in westercountry let the middle man (one among us) benefited rather than a MNC
cheers
guruvayurappan

dear sangom,

thank you for an eye opener.

very sad. i am corrected. thank you.

in the usa canada, well paying unionized jobs have been killed in the name of globalization. the country to profit is china.

as the factories with well paying jobs have closed, the folks have been forced into minimum wage service jobs, brewing coffee and frying hamburgers.

once upon a time, it was possible for the average wage earner to support a family here - with a house, car and the extras. today, even with two incomes it is a stretch, as the chinese, flush with cash, have bought up houses, at astronomic prices, just to park the money in a safe haven.

unbridled capitalism, i have come to believe, is pandering to the greed of the few, and the misfortune of many. just look at usa wall street shenanigans now.

europe, once upon a time, was a model, in managed state care with healthy capitalism controlled and monitored. but that too went with thatcher, and thanks to hefty reckless borrowing in the 90s, is now a basket case.

no hope. anywhere. :(

dear sangom !
i also observed the same while in bangalore. kirai which is purchased for 25 p is sold to consumers for Rs.1.tomato procured for rs.2 will be rs5.because the agent in KR market and the farmer will give to us since he will get further business for his product. to eliminate this karnataka govt. tried to sell veg thro . fair price shop and could not succeed in that attempt (during 1978-79).there will be alway a middle man whether a govt transaction or MNC

In the present day spiralling roaring prices, it is very very difficult to manage
the households alone by a single pensioner, as he is not only to look after his and
spouse expenses, but also to cater for the children who are yet to settle down
and need parents help.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

dear k !
even we require elaborate writing from people like SRI.Sangom think of the common man cheated by self centered politician

Shri appan,

I have a relative named 'guruvayurappan' whom his parents affectionately call "appan", so I venture to address you in this fashion.

The common man, as I remarked in an earlier post, in a communism-influenced, labour-unions-prone state like Kerala, has already covered himself by demanding more daily wages. So, we find today labourers from Bengal and other parts of India (like Orissa) getting lots of daily-wage-earning opportunities in Kerala. Most probably they are "bonded labour" but the state govt. is silent. The local worker has become the labour supplier, and he is usually intelligent, skilled and has all the modern gadgets for his trade, with which he has become familiar in his Gulf stint. This is the way life goes on.

I recall, during the sixties, many workers from Bengal came here for the coir-weaving and related industries since our local people did not know how to operate the electrical machines and were good only in the traditional methods of mfg. coir and coir products. These Bengali labourers married Kerala women and settled down here - a mini-migration, sort of.

The present inflation is not likely to subside because the rupee is falling vis-a-vis the $ and money supply will increase only if FDI is encouraged. May be the rich will become extremely rich and the poor abjectly poor!

dear sangom sir !
it is true . even nowadays we find telugu.bihari and bengali in route project and telecom cabling .they are all hired and brought here as contract labour (even though they are bonded labours)
cheers
guruvayuarappan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back