• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

prana prathisthA - A summary

The fundamental difference between Jainism/Buddhism and Hinduism is -

Karma is supreme in Jainism/Buddhism, in Hinduism God is supreme and that God can overcome our bad Karmas. That God can protect us from evil and its influences etc..

Thats why we have so many rituals aka karmic rituals to overcome our bad Karmas in this janmam and the past Janmams!!!

In Jainism/Buddhism, the guru is supreme and he can lead us to enlightenment and liberate from this deadly karmic cycle. In Hinduism, God can liberate us from this karmic cycle,

And we can go to Kailasam or Vaikuntam depending on which God we pray. Brahmalokam is also available for people who pray to Brahman.

If not, yamalokam or thrishanku is freely available. Yamadootas are constantly on the look out for such people aka the atheists..and then take them to yamalokam... Lol

Christianity and Islam follow the same tenets of Hinduism, that's why they have heaven and hell.

???

You are making it as if we Hindus bribe God to get away from Karma!

Karma is Karma...nothing changes that.

God does not liberate us from Karmic cycle...its self that liberates self.

All these you are writing makes Hinduism sound like a religion that allows bribery to get into higher heavens!

This isnt the case.

Oh Ok...so if all lokas exists..then where do Christians and Muslims go?
They go to their Lokas?..So I guess the 72 virgins story must be true.

Ok...Jaykay ji...tell me which loka has clones of Daniel Sunjata and what is the procedure to get there? Which pooja to do?

ae2fbb641ce1a91047aa5a1609cf6f26_400x400.jpeg

Z

Last edited:
Our lives revolve around the idols, and we have a personal connection with the idol at home and the temples nearby. We share our problems, we pray to them, we fight with them, and we bond with them....and on and on...

Anymore confusion mam Renukaji !!!!

Not really.

Whenever I had a problem as a child I would look up to the sky to connect with God....as I aged..I started to close my eyes if I wanted to connect with God and I have never fought with God even in the worst times cos I attribute any problems as my Karma.

BTW many people wait for hours to get darshan at Tirupathi but the moment they are in front of the idol they close their eyes to pray(but these days they keep eyes open to take a pic with smartphone)!

Hello Renukaji,

our lives start in the morn with the idol worship at our homes. Then we go to nearby temples, during the week and the weekends.

Every Pooja and punaskarams are done in front of the idols. Even during Agni homams, we keep idols along with them.

we visit holy temples in Kashi and Rameshwaram to pray in front of the idols in our lives to escape from our bad karmam, purify our selves !!!

and on and on...

so would you call that central or core of the religion ??

more than 99% follow this in our religion, only 1% debate on Advaitha and Brahman :)-

Well, 99% followed the Pied Piper of Hamelin and only the lame child was saved.

You are right, 99% prove nothing.

Kabir is unequivocal in emphasizing that all social, spiritual, moral action begins with the individual.

Laalan ki nahin boriyan, hansan ke nahin paat
Sinhan ke nahin lehade, aur sadhu na chale jamaat,

Rubies don’st fill sacks, swans don’st fly in flocks.

Lions don’st roam in herds, and a true seeker walks alone.

???

You are making it as if we Hindus bribe God to get away from Karma!

Karma is Karma...nothing changes that.

God does not liberate us from Karmic cycle...its self that liberates self.

All these you are writing makes Hinduism sound like a religion that allows bribery to get into higher heavens!

This isnt the case.

Oh Ok...so if all lokas exists..then where do Christians and Muslims go?
They go to their Lokas?..So I guess the 72 virgins story must be true.

Ok...Jaykay ji...tell me which loka has clones of Daniel Sunjata and what is the procedure to get there? Which pooja to do?

Nothing wrong in praying to God to resolve our past bad Karmas !!

Why did rituals originate ?? It is from this fundamental desire to find pariharams for our bad karmas.

Not really.

Whenever I had a problem as a child I would look up to the sky to connect with God....as I aged..I started to close my eyes if I wanted to connect with God and I have never fought with God even in the worst times cos I attribute any problems as my Karma.

BTW many people wait for hours to get darshan at Tirupathi but the moment they are in front of the idol they close their eyes to pray(but these days they keep eyes open to take a pic with smartphone)!

Mam, pl do not underestimate the power of faith. Faith moves mountains and the sincere belief of the bakthargals in the God will untimately liberate them from the karmic cycle !!!

Again nothing wrong in 99% following this. They are only following God and in the path of righteousness and goodness ! They are not following trump !! LOL

And if this belief works, then why not ??

The 99% following the pied piper is relevant in the context of people following their leaders who directly or indirectly support hateful and wrong ideologies !!

Mam, pl do not underestimate the power of faith. Faith moves mountains and the sincere belief of the bakthargals in the God will untimately liberate them from the karmic cycle !!!

I am not underestimating faith.
My faith in God is firm that it pains me to see Him " trapped" in an idol and humans acting as if they can invoke the Divine.

Thats all....Faith for me is letting God be in His natural state.

I have no problems if others have faith in a Pratima but I would not agree that its the core belief of Hinduism...Agama isnt Pramanyam.

Nothing wrong in praying to God to resolve our past bad Karmas !!

Why did rituals originate ?? It is from this fundamental desire to find pariharams for our bad karmas.

Sorry..I have never prayed ever to erase my bad karma no matter what I face cos for me if there is a karma and its bad..i should not complain if it was my own wrong doing in a previous life ..cos a wrong doer should face the punishment and i should take steps to improve the situation myself and not ask God to forgive me.

One should not be a coward to face bad karma and make use of God to erase bad effects.

Why no one prays to God to erase good karma?
Isnt it karma too?
If we feel are entitled to enjoy good karma shouldnt we feel we are entitled to experience bad karma too?

This is how I think..not that I wont beg God but I respect Him too much to make use of Him...so let me face both good and bad and rise and fall too bravely.

Latest ads

Back