• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

please tell me the proper way to conduct poojai at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi brahmana brothers ,im velu yadav ,im from malaysia..i dont know how to perform poojai at home..can u guys tell me which mantra's is important and these are the goddess pic that we have in our prayer room.

vinayagar
saraswathy amman
murugan
mahalakshmi amman
krishnan
lord lakshmi narayanan
durgai amman
hanuman
annapoorani amman
shiva,shakthi &family pic
sudharhana chakram
saalakramam

im a beginner ,keen to learn the mantras from u ...plz tell me ...

hi brahmana brothers ,im velu yadav ,im from malaysia..i dont know how to perform poojai at home..can u guys tell me which mantra's is important and these are the goddess pic that we have in our prayer room.

vinayagar
saraswathy amman
murugan
mahalakshmi amman
krishnan
lord lakshmi narayanan
durgai amman
hanuman
annapoorani amman
shiva,shakthi &family pic
sudharhana chakram
saalakramam

im a beginner ,keen to learn the mantras from u ...plz tell me ...

Shri yadav sir,

All gods/goddesses and symbols are equal, unless your professed faith such as Vaishnavism instructs differently. Nowadays printed books are available which give the details of the poojas for each of the deities listed by you.

But if you are an office-goer or worker and have only limited time, I will suggest the following short pooja:
  • Keep the follows free of dust, stains, etc., by wiping the glass clean; use cloth or tissue paper as convenient.
  • If you have the time, interest and convenience, you may adorn each photo with sandal paste and /or kumkum on the forehead of the images and also garland each of the photos.
  • offer fresh flowers (not two days old, wilted, etc.) to each photo if these are placed on firm bases; otherwise, you may keep a large enough brass/copper plate below the whole range of photos in the prayer room and offer the flowers with mental sincerity, till you learn to recite all the mantras from a book
  • offer naivEdyam, food for the deities; plantains, apples, pomegranates or any sweet and edible fruit will do; but those which we can't eat as is, like pine apple e.g., process it into edible pieces and place the pieces on a good plate. In short, consider the deities as though they are honoured guests at your home and you are giving a reception to them to the best of your ability and sincerity.
  • Offer a glass of water also.
  • Show a lighted lamp (we usually use gingelley oil, please use whatever the local hindu temples or other hindus use in M'sia) in circular motion (clock-wise) just the same way we do "Arati" in temples.
  • Show lighted camphor on a plate in the same fashion as the lamp above; the camphor is supposed to make up for any deficiency in our pooja and, as you proceed, your "self" gains the ability to mingle with the deities whom you are worshipping.
  • Do namaskar by prostrating full body on the floor; if this is not possible even a folded hands namaskar will suffice.
The main thing is your "ShraddhA" or sincerity; all the rest count only lower.

There are enough and more mantras but it may not be possible to give all those in a forum post. Perhaps, Smt Renuka ji may be able to guide you to some good book store in M'sia.

Perhaps, Smt Renuka ji may be able to guide you to some good book store in M'sia.

Dear Yadav,

I get all my books from India cos in M'sia we do not really have many good religious book stores..books here are mostly related to Vasthu Sastra and somewhat more focusing on prayer to reap material benefits or books on some form of meditation.

But you can try this and also dont forget to check out this link.

http://www.belurmath.org/centres/display_centre.php?centre_id=MLY

Persatuan Sri Ramakrishna Sarada, Malaysia

Persatuan Sri Ramakrishna Sarada
Lot 36, Jalan 10/7,
46000 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Malaysia
Phone : 60-3-7960 0385
Email : [email protected]

Last edited:
Giri trading , LIFCO and many more. All online.

Dear Yadav,

I get all my books from India cos in M'sia we do not really have many good religious book stores..books here are mostly related to Vasthu Sastra and somewhat more focusing on prayer to reap material benefits or books on some form of meditation.

But you can try this and also dont forget to check out this link.

Address and Activities of Malaysia Branch of the Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission

Persatuan Sri Ramakrishna Sarada, Malaysia

Persatuan Sri Ramakrishna Sarada
Lot 36, Jalan 10/7,
46000 Petaling Jaya
Selangor
Malaysia
Phone : 60-3-7960 0385
Email : [email protected]

Dear Vadavji,

Lovely advise by Dr Renuka Madam and others. But as you might already know, there is no ONE set of prescribed
rituals or steps do a Pooja. Hinduism is the only way of life that is non regimented and there are probably as many
forms of Hinduism and there are Hindus. Neither let your mind be distracted by snobs who might classify you as being too
ritualistic, nor be swayed who [think that they] are highly evolved and shun ritualistic practices.

Your thoughts, speech, actions etc all should be arpanam to The Almighty - That is the essence of all Pooja.

Guruvethunai
Anand Manohar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back