• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Please join me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I was looking for brahmin iyengar boys for my daughter who is a BE MS. start Kettai, Gothram Kowdinya. I have not got good response. why?

Hello Sir

Sometime back I have put in for Brahmin Iyegnar boys for my daughter who is a BE, MS. Her star is Kettai. Gothram Kowdinya. It has been long since i have got any reply. Why. our community is short of boys or people are not just interested to reply also.

Komala

Komala, You are always welcome.

Before, please browse through the post #1 in this thread... The discussion starts from here, and post your views accordingly..

This thread is about wishing one our 'new moderator'..
lLet me also wish our new moderator.

Komala

Hello Sir

Sometime back I have put in for Brahmin Iyegnar boys for my daughter who is a BE, MS. Her star is Kettai. Gothram Kowdinya. It has been long since i have got any reply. Why. our community is short of boys or people are not just interested to reply also.

Komala

Dont take me wrong.. maybe the requirements you have put up are putting people away...

As a parent i understand the need to get the boy/girl married to a good person, but at times the requirements from both sides (boys and girls) are such that it becomes a stumbling block by itself.
from experience... my mom is on the lookout for a girl for me for quite some time... in most cases, the requirements the girl or the parents put up makes me laugh and at times wonder....

my mom is on the lookout for a girl for me for quite some time... in most cases, the requirements the girl or the parents put up makes me laugh and at times wonder....

Praveen ji,

Glad to know that you are an eligible bachelor. Please post your requirements. Some of our members will help you.

All the best

Dont take me wrong.. maybe the requirements you have put up are putting people away...

As a parent i understand the need to get the boy/girl married to a good person, but at times the requirements from both sides (boys and girls) are such that it becomes a stumbling block by itself.
from experience... my mom is on the lookout for a girl for me for quite some time... in most cases, the requirements the girl or the parents put up makes me laugh and at times wonder....

Excuse me Praveen
I beg to differ from you. I have not put any sky rocketing demand for the boy. what I want is the basic professional qualification and that too the girl being a Post Graduate. I do not about other parents but my requirements were very simple and honest. By the way what you were wondering about ?

Komala

Excuse me Praveen
I beg to differ from you. I have not put any sky rocketing demand for the boy. what I want is the basic professional qualification and that too the girl being a Post Graduate. I do not about other parents but my requirements were very simple and honest. By the way what you were wondering about ?

Komala
One more thing. My basic feeling is that the parents of the boy, come what may it be demand too much from the parents of the girl. do you agree ?
Komala

my mom is on the lookout for a girl for me for quite some time... in most cases, the requirements the girl or the parents put up makes me laugh and at times wonder....

Praveen ji,

Glad to know that you are an eligible bachelor. Please post your requirements. Some of our members will help you.

All the best
Mr. Venkataramani, I agree with you. let him post his requirements. we shall see.

Komala

Aha, this is getting to be interesting. M'am, btw, what do you mean by "we shall see" once Praveen posts his requirements. Or am I reading too much here?

komala,

this is probably one of the few times that i am hearing of a girl having problems finding a guy in our community.

everything now is in favour of the girl - education, attitudes, career and above all the demographic shift.

there is only one story i know of a girl unable to find a spouse through arranged marriage.

let me tell you the story.

this girl comes from a rich family. she has done the basic marriage b.a. degree from stella maris and a little bit of cultural stuff and what not.

enough to talk simple nonsense at parties as she was set up by her parents to be a wife of any up and up coming executive.

her parents, are generous enough to offer a nice free standing house, a car and all the furnishings, and a grand honey moon trip to europe.

there must be a snag, right?

yes. the girl weighs about 230 lbs or so. which inspite of a pleasant face and rich saris, does not appear to attract our iim trained mba's or nls trained lawyers.

the only ones relieved are the maamaas, who were shuddering at the thought of lifting this girl up during மாலை மாற்றல் ceremony.

the moral of the story is.. i think.. self evident.

enjoy the hunt ... it is a big ocean out there,.. and there is a fish meant for your daughter's hooks :)

Dear Srimathi Komala Ji,

You have posted:
Looking for Brahmin Iyengar boys for my daughter aged 25, D-O-B-7.11.1983, born 8.50 A.M. in Kolkata, kettai nakshatra, Kowdinya gothra, elder daughter, boy can be elder or only one son, tall, slim, fair requires boys who can be B.E. MS. or a Ph.D. working in US/UK. contact email of self: [email protected]

Now, looking at this info. and thinking why you might not have gotten any response, the following come to my mind:

1. We may not have members who have Iyengar boys in the proper tall/slim/fair/age/Gothram with a M.S. or Ph.D. in USA or UK (given the number of people who visit our Forum daily, this is highly likely).

2. I would also expand your chances by putting the detalis in a TB site totally dedicated to matrimony that have wide readership in USA and UK (if you do not know these sites, send me a private message, I'll refer some of them - I used them recently to get my son married).

3. There are weekly periodicals published in USA and UK just for the Indian community (like India Abroad in the US). You may want to advertise there also.

I wish you all the best in your search.

Regards,
KRS

Excuse me Praveen

Komala

Yes, your requirements were simple and honest.. but i guess i should have explained better

Maybe this site does not have members who fit in with the profile you are after. While we do have members from India, North America (US/Canada), UK etc... maybe they do not match the profile you are looking out for.

Oh, my wondering about has got nothing to do with your request..

No hard feelings :)

But as KRS mentioned, maybe you might wanna get in touch with him and hopeful get a suitable match for your daughter :)

Good luck and do let us know if you find someone Would be nice to hear :)

Praveen ji,

All the best

Hate to be a spoilsport.. but maybe later ;)

Aha, this is getting to be interesting. M'am, btw, what do you mean by "we shall see" once Praveen posts his requirements. Or am I reading too much here?
Hello Anandb
there is nothing extraordinary in my writing "we shall see". It is plain and simple. If Praveen posts his requirements, if it matches with my daughter I will definitely persue it further.o.k.
Komala

wow!! this is getting interesting.

praveen is getting propositioned on his very site :) :)

who knows what works out for praveen....maybe someday he will be wondering how he had never expected to meet his bride this way...

kunjuppu ji, your post had me in splits :D

Yes, your requirements were simple and honest.. but i guess i should have explained better

Maybe this site does not have members who fit in with the profile you are after. While we do have members from India, North America (US/Canada), UK etc... maybe they do not match the profile you are looking out for.

Oh, my wondering about has got nothing to do with your request..

No hard feelings :)

But as KRS mentioned, maybe you might wanna get in touch with him and hopeful get a suitable match for your daughter :)

Good luck and do let us know if you find someone Would be nice to hear :)

Hate to be a spoilsport.. but maybe later ;)

Hello Praveen
I read your note with interest and I hope my writing is also taken in the the right spirit only.
I have no hard feelings.
I will certainly take your advise in contacting KRS for possible help about site
certainly will keep informed if any suitable alliance materialise for my daughter.

Komala

komala,

this is probably one of the few times that i am hearing of a girl having problems finding a guy in our community.

everything now is in favour of the girl - education, attitudes, career and above all the demographic shift.

there is only one story i know of a girl unable to find a spouse through arranged marriage.

let me tell you the story.

this girl comes from a rich family. she has done the basic marriage b.a. degree from stella maris and a little bit of cultural stuff and what not.

enough to talk simple nonsense at parties as she was set up by her parents to be a wife of any up and up coming executive.

her parents, are generous enough to offer a nice free standing house, a car and all the furnishings, and a grand honey moon trip to europe.

there must be a snag, right?

yes. the girl weighs about 230 lbs or so. which inspite of a pleasant face and rich saris, does not appear to attract our iim trained mba's or nls trained lawyers.

the only ones relieved are the maamaas, who were shuddering at the thought of lifting this girl up during மாலை மாற்றல் ceremony.

the moral of the story is.. i think.. self evident.

enjoy the hunt ... it is a big ocean out there,.. and there is a fish meant for your daughter's hooks :)
Dear Sir

I read your story with interest. I hope the mamas are relieved and breathing freely now.ha. ha:D
Much depends upon the upbringing also.
I meant this forun to be interesting and enjoyable. I have no intention to hurt any body's feelings whatsoever.
As you rightly put out I will hunt and I will enjoy it certainly. GOD is great and HE will help me in my endeavour.

Komala

Dear Srimathi Komala Ji,

You have posted:
Looking for Brahmin Iyengar boys for my daughter aged 25, D-O-B-7.11.1983, born 8.50 A.M. in Kolkata, kettai nakshatra, Kowdinya gothra, elder daughter, boy can be elder or only one son, tall, slim, fair requires boys who can be B.E. MS. or a Ph.D. working in US/UK. contact email of self: [email protected]

Now, looking at this info. and thinking why you might not have gotten any response, the following come to my mind:

1. We may not have members who have Iyengar boys in the proper tall/slim/fair/age/Gothram with a M.S. or Ph.D. in USA or UK (given the number of people who visit our Forum daily, this is highly likely).

2. I would also expand your chances by putting the detalis in a TB site totally dedicated to matrimony that have wide readership in USA and UK (if you do not know these sites, send me a private message, I'll refer some of them - I used them recently to get my son married).

3. There are weekly periodicals published in USA and UK just for the Indian community (like India Abroad in the US). You may want to advertise there also.

I wish you all the best in your search.

Regards,
KRS
Dear KRS
I read your mail carefully. May be I should refine my searches a little. Bythe way you wont mind by giving the sites so that it will be of use to me.
Thanks and regards.

Komala

Dear KRS
I read your mail carefully. May be I should refine my searches a little. Bythe way you wont mind by giving the sites so that it will be of use to me.
Thanks and regards.

Komala

Dear KRS
I forgot to add one PS. when we want suitable alliance we will put tall, fair,slim, highly educated, blah,blah and if praptham or (praraptham - should it be better that way !) we say yes if that he or she is dark, fat and gloomy and what not. what say ?

Komala

wow!! this is getting interesting.

praveen is getting propositioned on his very site

who knows what works out for praveen....maybe someday he will be wondering how he had never expected to meet his bride this way...

kunjuppu ji, your post had me in splits

hahahahaha... this def made my day :D

Exactly who knows what is in store for us. At the same time if it does happen through the site, that would be a awesome thing to do..

guy creates a site for the community and finds his bride in it :D :D :p

maybe later today, i will put my "requirements".. lets c

Exactly who knows what is in store for us. At the same time if it does happen through the site, that would be a awesome thing to do..

I will be eagerly waiting.

Komala

Hi Praveen

This is what is called "taming the lion in its own den". Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back