• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Physical and mental self vs spiritual self

sravna

We see that the spiritual people believe in spiritual self as the real self. The mental and physical self are not considered the real self. But do we totally accept that view? I believe that as long as one lives in the physical world, there is a reality to the physical and mental selves. The yardstick is anything that exerts influence has reality. Till we attain moksha the physical world constantly influence our outer selves. But may be to a fully spiritually evolved person, there is no impact of physical and mental energies and hence the outer selves are not real.

So it is a relative thing depending on one's stage in evolution whether to say that physical and mental selves are real or not.

We see that the spiritual people believe in spiritual self as the real self. The mental and physical self are not considered the real self. But do we totally accept that view? I believe that as long as one lives in the physical world, there is a reality to the physical and mental selves. The yardstick is anything that exerts influence has reality. Till we attain moksha the physical world constantly influence our outer selves. But may be to a fully spiritually evolved person, there is no impact of physical and mental energies and hence the outer selves are not real.

So it is a relative thing depending on one's stage in evolution whether to say that physical and mental selves are real or not.

????

You mean to say a fully evolved spiritual person has an unreal outerself?
As in fake?

Dear Sravna,

This world is fake. Fake in the context, although we know exactly what would happen in this world, still we live as if we are living a normal life. We don't. Forget about spiritual. Spiritual is but subjective. I can easily prove it. We don'y know what is reality in this physical world. Reality is also subjective. We don't have the capacity to know the reality as it stands. We are in Moksha. We make Moksha. Haha.... my moksha could be hell for others... seriously...

My dear Sravna, human mind is a powerful tool. I read an article somewhere which said we are using only about 5% of our mind. Mind is not restricted to our brain alone... every molecule make up our body has a mind.

Reality does not depend upon our evolution. The physical self is not real as we think it is. Our mental self... we have not explored it yet.

Last edited:

Yet another thread on spirituality by Mr Sravana - There may be over 1000 in the last few years

All these postings are done by the Physical self with the assistance of the mental self that is imagining some personal power about an idea called spiritual self. This is read by lots of physical selves and processed by their mental selves and imagining how to shut such repeated threads LOL

Latest ads

Back