• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Performing chandi homam

narayananms

Dear all
We have a forum and meet every year in our native village. We organise special poolas in the 5 temples. Apart from this we conduct various homams in a grand manner. This year we are planning to do chandi homam.

The forum members are from various families and we are office bearers and take major role in organising the annual meet.

Unfortunately, our sister-in-,law (manni)
passed away on 7th August.

I would like to know whether it is permitted to visit temples/ conduct homam etc.
The meet is slated for in end December.

M S Narayanan

Vanakkam Namaste and Namaskaram
my humble pranams to all !

in my knowledge it would not be suitable to visit temples out of your district and any celebrational pujas.

the homam or hawan however is in accordance with purification and cleansing
so irrespective to which deva or devi it should be okay !
hope all goes well

blessings

Om Namah Sivaya

Vanakkam Namaste and Namaskaram
my humble pranams to all !

in my knowledge it would not be suitable to visit temples out of your district and any celebrational pujas.

the homam or hawan however is in accordance with purification and cleansing
so irrespective to which deva or devi it should be okay !
hope all goes well

blessings

Om Namah Sivaya
Dear sir
Thanks for your reply.
I just want to inform that all the activities - poolas homam cultural activities are organised every year in our native village.
Some of our family members take role in organising the events.
You have stated in your mail that we should not visit temples outside the district. But these poojas/homam etc are being held at our native village.
Shall I take it for granted that chandi homam
and pools can be organised during this year
of mourning.

please confirm.
M S Narayanan

Latest ads

Back