• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pathanjali Yoga sutras - Explained

Can we organise a zoom meeting. I am from Australia and a time difference of 5.30 hours (we are ahead). It is for my husband. He is suffering from very high BP and anxiety. Any help is much appreciated.
Madam If your husband is suffering from "Very high BP and anxiety" there are some other techniques other than yOga that give desired results with same certainty. yOga is synchronisation / connection of body and mind with cosmic consciousness using physical sAdhana . Aqusition of knowledge [GnAnam] adds to cognitive intelligence. Togther with innate intelligence वासना this must result in bhuddhi and in turn to true knowledge / vivekam (discrimination) and actions with duty focus (karthruthvam ) avoiding enjoyership of results of dhArmic actions (bogthruthvam) . When this intelligence matures to experiential knowledge, wonders happen. yOga is saadhana (repeated focused actions) for this to happen. If physically unable to do yOga, still other means of saadhana are available.

Can we organise a zoom meeting. I am from Australia and a time difference of 5.30 hours (we are ahead). It is for my husband. He is suffering from very high BP and anxiety. Any help is much appreciated.
Yes. Will it be OK if we meet at around 11.30 IST [Indian time]..If the timing is convenient, we can google meet..My google Id is [email protected].
I am extremely sorry for my delay in responding to your request..I was a little busy and came to this site only today and saw your request..If you are more comfortable with Zoom that can be arranged too..You may respond to my e-mail ID for quicker response..

Last edited:
I find that a few are interested in a Zoom Meet with me on the subject..I have a Zoom account which I can use to conduct face-to-face class on Pathanjali yoga sutras..It will be fully devoted to sessions on Pathanjali yoga philosophy and totally theoratical..
I will conduct it free..
All I expect from the participants is some dedication to learn the subject and perseverance to sit through the session..It will be in the nature of elaborate explanations of individual Sutras covering all the four chapters.. In all, I may require 20 to 25 sessions of lecture [1 hour duration each] spread over a month..
If there are suficient number of people who are willing to learn the subject , a convenient time slot can be fixed..
The lectures and discussions will be mainly in TAMIL..
Those who are interested in the matter and are willing to spare their leisure time may please indicate your willingness along with your e-mail IDs in about a weeks time from now..You may give the details here itself or to my e-mail ID : [email protected]
I will provide the Zoom link for participation.. If several people do not have Zoom insalled, we can arrange the meet in Google Meet..
Nothing except Yoga Sutras will be discussed..
--Ramani Panchapakesan.

I am enclosing a Link to my G-mail document containing Pathanjali Yoga Sutras [in Devanagiri text] and detailed explanations in Tamil..First three Chapters [Samadhi Padham / Sadhana Padham / Vibhuthi Padham] are covered..Fourth Chapter [Kaivalya Padham] is will be added in a month's time]
You may post your querries / comments directly here or to my e-mail..
If you can get hold of late Sujata's brahma Sutram in Tamil with eloborate explanation in Kukudam Bhakti magazine 2004 : http://www.kumudam.com/Bhakti/2004/sep04/bk9.php (this I found in my notes) you can get a real understanding of both the sloka and the meaning. Some one borrowed the file from me and I lost. Contact Kumudam office and inquire about it. There may be a book available.
Example: ந ஆத்மா சுருதோர் நித்ய வாச்ச தாப்ய 2-3-18

Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya)

by Swami Vireshwarananda | 1936 | 124,571 words | ISBN-10: 8175050063
வேதம்: ஆத்மா உற்பத்தி ஆவதில்லை, அழிவதும் இல்லை - ஆதி-அந்தம் அற்று
சங்கர்: அதுவே பிரம்மம்; ராமானுஜர்:ஜீவனுக்கு(ஆத்மாவிற்கு) பபிரம்மம் காரணாகிறது. உதாரணம்:(தைத்ரேயம்): பரமாத்மா, பஞ்சபூதங்களை இணைத்து ஜீவன்களைப் படைத்தான்; (யஜுர்வேதம்):பிரஜாபதி (பிரம்மா) பிரஜைகளைப் படைத்தார். ஆகவே உட் பொருளை பலரும் ஒரே உட்- பொருளில் சொல்கிறார்களா, இல்லை கால வேறு பாட்டால் வேறு சொற்களை உபயோகித்து ஒரு அர்த்தத்தில் சொல்கிறார்களா? இதை புரிந்து கொள்பவர்களுக்கே சத்தியம் ஒன்றே அதை வெளிப்படுத்தும் சொற்களே வேறு என்று தெரியும். புளியோதரை-சாம்பார் சாதம், வயிற்றில் மாவு பதார்த்தமாக (Complex Corbohyderate -காம்பெக்ஸ் கார்போ ஹைட்டிரைட்டைத் தான் வெந்த அரிசியாக ஜீரணிக்கும், வெஞ்சனங்கள் வேறு பட்டாலும்) என்பது போல் என்று உணரவேண்டும்.

Hinduism Vedanta

Dear Mr Raman,
Greetings and thanks a tonne. I think hardly a full text on Patanjali's work is available and your transalted work in Tamil is really a great help. Not many of us born in the post independence era were permitted to learn Hindi/Sanskrit and I am not conversant with Devnagari script. Tamil translation is really a help.
It is availabe in North Indian web sites:
and also on other site. Where you search will give you different results. English translation ia also available in European sites where they have more interest on our wisdom.

Latest ads

Back