• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pathanjali Yoga sutras - Explained

Raman2448

I am enclosing a Link to my G-mail document containing Pathanjali Yoga Sutras [in Devanagiri text] and detailed explanations in Tamil..First three Chapters [Samadhi Padham / Sadhana Padham / Vibhuthi Padham] are covered..Fourth Chapter [Kaivalya Padham] is will be added in a month's time]
You may post your querries / comments directly here or to my e-mail..

Thank you so much.

I have made a local copy of the document here for future reference.

Attachments

• விபூதி பாதம் [பாகம் 3].docx
    421.5 KB · Views: 340
  • சாதனா பாதம் {பாகம் 2}.docx
    30 KB · Views: 293
  • பதஞ்சலி யோக சூத்திரம் .docx
    33.8 KB · Views: 348
Thank you so much.

I have made a local copy of the document here for future reference.
I found some spelling & grammatical errors today and corrected them immedietely...If you had taken copies yesterday, please replace them with today's eddition...Sorry for the unintentional errors that crept in...

I found some spelling & grammatical errors today and corrected them immedietely...If you had taken copies yesterday, please replace them with today's eddition...Sorry for the unintentional errors that crept in...
Thank you. I have updated the documents.

Dear Mr Raman,
Greetings and thanks a tonne. I think hardly a full text on Patanjali's work is available and your transalted work in Tamil is really a great help. Not many of us born in the post independence era were permitted to learn Hindi/Sanskrit and I am not conversant with Devnagari script. Tamil translation is really a help.

I am enclosing a Link to my G-mail document containing Pathanjali Yoga Sutras [in Devanagiri text] and detailed explanations in Tamil..First three Chapters [Samadhi Padham / Sadhana Padham / Vibhuthi Padham] are covered..Fourth Chapter [Kaivalya Padham] is will be added in a month's time]
Any chance you can upload the explanation in English?

Great Achievement. Much Appreciated. Srinivasan Melbourne

Thank u so much for taking efforts in bringing out these wonderful treasures. Hatts off to the Noble Person and this noble deed. Vazhga Valamudan. Vazhga Vaiyagam.
வாழ்க🙌வளமுடன். வாழ்க வையகம். அன்பே🔥சிவம். இது போன்ற பல நல்ல பதிவுகள் அறிய, உடல் நலம் ஆன்மீக முன்னேற்றம் அடைய விருப்பமுள்ள நல உள்ளங்கள் என்னுடன் பயணிக்கலாம். 🌝🌺🍀 சிவ.இராஜ்குமார், இறையாய் இரு 🌿🌸🌻

Thank you for your excellent work. I would like to share the good news. I'm constructing a Meditation Hall with a library exclusively representing " Manomaya Kosam", with my own fund, No Trust.
The aim is to promote DHYANA and well beingness of disciplined Thoughts and Healthy habits.

Thanks for the document. I have made a single document in PDF with all the three chapters. Once you complete the other chapters I can update it.

I ahve also uploaded an english summary.

Attachments

• Yogasutra_of_Patanjali.pdf
    537.4 KB · Views: 173
  • Patanjali Yoga sutram ch 1-3.pdf
    628 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your selfless service. It is really a great treasure to be kept with everyone. God bless you for this help. We'll wait for the fourth part.

i will take up English translation after completing the Tamil version..I pray that my project goes smoothly until it is completed..Every senior member's blessings needed..

AS promised link for the 4 th chapter Kaivalya Padham is enclosed..

As promised I am enclosing the link for the 4th chapter-Kaivalya Paadham for all to see..
docs.google.com

கைவல்ய பாதம் [பாகம் 4]

கைவல்ய பாதம் [பாகம் 4] முன் அத்தியாயத்தில் [விபூதி பாதம்] ஆழ்ந்த தியானத்தின்போது சமாதி நிலையில் தோன்றும் பலவகை சித்திகளைப்பற்றி சொல்லப்பட்டது..இங்கு சித்திகள் வேறுசில வழிகளிலும் தோன்றலாம் என்று கூறுகிறார் பதஞ்சலி.. 1] जन्मौषधिमन्त्रतपःसमाधिजा...
docs.google.com
docs.google.com

I think this is great gift to Tamil community of a valued
treasure from our traditional collections.
Thank you for your enthusiasm for such nishkamya karma to your Brahmin brethern.

A local copy of it is saved here.

Thank you so much for your contributions.

Attachments

• கைவல்ய பாதம் [பாகம் 4] .docx
    422.4 KB · Views: 118
Thank you for your excellent work. I would like to share the good news. I'm constructing a Meditation Hall with a library exclusively representing " Manomaya Kosam", with my own fund, No Trust.
The aim is to promote DHYANA and well beingness of disciplined Thoughts and Healthy habits.
Very nice to hear this Mr. Balasubramanian..Where are you building this Hall? If Gods permit, I would like to visit it once..

Last edited:
Would you have any information on how to practice TM (meditation)
I would advice you not to practice based on hearsay explanations..Direct teaching by a competant practitionar of Yoga is desirable.. I would prefer to meet you personally either on Google meet or on Zoom depending on mutual convenience..

I would advice you not to practice based on hearsay explanations..Direct teaching by a competant practitionar of Yoga is desirable.. I would prefer to meet you personally either on Google meet or on Zoom depending on mutual convenience..
Can we organise a zoom meeting. I am from Australia and a time difference of 5.30 hours (we are ahead). It is for my husband. He is suffering from very high BP and anxiety. Any help is much appreciated.

Latest ads

Back