• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

panchangam details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drb

Dear all:
I was listening to Shiva poojai CD from Giri trading which provides instructions to do Shiva poojai on Maha Shivarathiri.

At one point - the narrator asked me to find the following and saying it in mantra.

Varsham - I beleive it is Virodhi?
Rithu
Maasam - Maasi?
Paksham
Ayanam
Thithi
Natchathiram
Vaaram
Yogam
Karalam (karanam?)

Can somebody help me please?

Dear all:
I was listening to Shiva poojai CD from Giri trading which provides instructions to do Shiva poojai on Maha Shivarathiri.

At one point - the narrator asked me to find the following and saying it in mantra.

Varsham - I beleive it is Virodhi?
Rithu
Maasam - Maasi?
Paksham
Ayanam
Thithi
Natchathiram
Vaaram
Yogam
Karalam (karanam?)

Can somebody help me please?
hi drb sir,
in sankalpam..we have to recite like this...sakabhe asmin varthamane
vyvaharike prabhavadhi shasti samvatsaranam madhye shali vahana
nama samvatsare virodhi naama samvatsare,uttarayane,sisira ritu,
magha masae/makara/kumbha mase/krishna pakshe/trayodasya/chathurdasyam ... nakshatre/sukra/brigu vasara ukthayam/subha yoge/subha karane evam guna visisthayaam...like this the
particular day/thithi/nakshatra according to panchanga...
even we can eloborate with proper yoga name/karana name too
....thithi/vara/nakshatra/yoga /karana is called panchangamm..
the five parts consist of particular day/time in panchangam...

regards
tbs

i think sharma is preparing a panchanga of his own and issuing free of cost to all our communal members. he has announced in swayamvaram thread too 2 days back. perhaps, drb and tbs can obtain a copy from him.

i think sharma is preparing a panchanga of his own and issuing free of cost to all our communal members. he has announced in swayamvaram thread too 2 days back. perhaps, drb and tbs can obtain a copy from him.

Once the panchangam is ready, Sri Sharma will send it in PDF format for all those who want it free of cost. Please send personal message to him with email addresses.

All the best

Panchaankam

It consists of 5 parts, Day(Vaaram Sunday onwards), Karanam (which is half of) Yoga, thithi,(a month has 2 x 15 thithis) 15 thithis are 15 Numbers counted in sanskrit from New Moon day which make a fortnight or Shukla paksham (waxing moon) and from the Full Moon day the same 15 numbers counted which make another fortnight or Krishna Paksham (waning moon) or dark fortnight. Nakshatras are 27 which make a month. Moon's position on each day on the constellation or star give you Nakshatra.
We have 6 ritus in a year of 12 months. Ritu's are seasons like summer, Rains and Winter and those that fall in between these three. 12 months are the 12 houses of zodiac in which Sun Travels which is different from Western calender because of time zones. Again a year of 12 months is divided into 2 ayanas of 6 months each - called Uttarayana when Sun travels from South to North in its path(Jan 14 to mid July) and Dakshinayana when it does from North to South (mid July to mid Jan). Hindus have 60 names of years which cycle. This is common to all India. And so on.:scared:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back