• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

palakkad tamil

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunjuppu

ananyathinks.

ananya, here has a great take on palakkad tamil.

here is a sample. for the rest ..you have to view the blog :)

1.கல்யாணமான புதிதில் நான் கவனிச்சது, சொல்லின் இடையில் வரும் ச வை இவர்கள் ஷ என்கிறார்கள். நாம் பேசறா என்பதை பேஸறா என்றும் அசடு என்பதை அஸடு என்றும் சொல்கிறோமே, இவர்கள் ’பேஷரா, அஷடு’ என்கிறார்கள்.

2.ஆரம்பத்தில் வரும் ச வை நாம் ஸ என்போம். இவர்கள் அழுத்தி ச்ச்ச்ச என்கிறார்கள்.நாம்: ஸொல்லி இருக்கா, இவர்கள் : ச்சொல்லி இருக்கா,

3.தக்குடு மாதிரி ஆட்களுக்கு தெரியாத ற் போன்ற எழுத்துக்களை இவர்கள் கமலஹாசனை விட அழுத்தியே உபயோகிக்கிறார்கள். கறி என்று சொல்லும்போது நாபிக்கமலத்தில் இருந்து ஆக்ரோஷமாக வரும் இ சத்தம் நாக்கை பல்லில் அ|ளவுக்கதிகமாக் உரசி பலத்த மரத்தை ரம்பத்தால் அறுக்கும் அளவுக்கு இடற வேண்டும். அப்போத்தான் ற்ற்ற் சரியாக வரும். இப்போ மறுபடியும் சொல்லிப்பாருங்க.. சரியா வரும். கறி. இந்த சொல்லின் பயன்பாடு என்னவென்றால் வதக்கி, வேகவைத்து, அரைத்து, கொதித்து, இப்படி எந்த ப்ரொசீஜரில் செய்த காயாக இருந்தாலும் அது கறி என்றே அழைக்கப்படும். குர்மா, கூட்டு, கிரேவி இப்படி எது செஞ்சாலும் அது கறியே ஆகும்!

4. எந்த சொல் சொன்னாலும் அத்துடன் ’ஆக்கும்’ கண்டிப்பாக இணைக்கப்பட வேண்டும். சொல்வதற்கு ஒன்றுமே இல்லாவிட்டாலும் சும்மாங்காச்சுக்கும் ’அதாக்கும்’ என்று சொல்ல வேண்டும். அப்போ தான் ஒரு வரி முடிவடையும். மை.ம.கா படத்தில் அப்பாவிக்கமல் ”அதுல போட்றுக்குமாக்கும் எனவும்”, நாகேஷ் சொல்வாரே,”ஆமா, எல்லாத்துக்கும் ஒரு ஆக்கும் சேர்த்துக்கோ..” என்பாரே.. 100/100 உண்மை!

ananyathinks.

ananya, here has a great take on palakkad tamil.

here is a sample. for the rest ..you have to view the blog :)

1.கல்யாணமான புதிதில் நான் கவனிச்சது, சொல்லின் இடையில் வரும் ச வை இவர்கள் ஷ என்கிறார்கள். நாம் பேசறா என்பதை பேஸறா என்றும் அசடு என்பதை அஸடு என்றும் சொல்கிறோமே, இவர்கள் ’பேஷரா, அஷடு’ என்கிறார்கள்.

2.ஆரம்பத்தில் வரும் ச வை நாம் ஸ என்போம். இவர்கள் அழுத்தி ச்ச்ச்ச என்கிறார்கள்.நாம்: ஸொல்லி இருக்கா, இவர்கள் : ச்சொல்லி இருக்கா,

3.தக்குடு மாதிரி ஆட்களுக்கு தெரியாத ற் போன்ற எழுத்துக்களை இவர்கள் கமலஹாசனை விட அழுத்தியே உபயோகிக்கிறார்கள். கறி என்று சொல்லும்போது நாபிக்கமலத்தில் இருந்து ஆக்ரோஷமாக வரும் இ சத்தம் நாக்கை பல்லில் அ|ளவுக்கதிகமாக் உரசி பலத்த மரத்தை ரம்பத்தால் அறுக்கும் அளவுக்கு இடற வேண்டும். அப்போத்தான் ற்ற்ற் சரியாக வரும். இப்போ மறுபடியும் சொல்லிப்பாருங்க.. சரியா வரும். கறி. இந்த சொல்லின் பயன்பாடு என்னவென்றால் வதக்கி, வேகவைத்து, அரைத்து, கொதித்து, இப்படி எந்த ப்ரொசீஜரில் செய்த காயாக இருந்தாலும் அது கறி என்றே அழைக்கப்படும். குர்மா, கூட்டு, கிரேவி இப்படி எது செஞ்சாலும் அது கறியே ஆகும்!

4. எந்த சொல் சொன்னாலும் அத்துடன் ’ஆக்கும்’ கண்டிப்பாக இணைக்கப்பட வேண்டும். சொல்வதற்கு ஒன்றுமே இல்லாவிட்டாலும் சும்மாங்காச்சுக்கும் ’அதாக்கும்’ என்று சொல்ல வேண்டும். அப்போ தான் ஒரு வரி முடிவடையும். மை.ம.கா படத்தில் அப்பாவிக்கமல் ”அதுல போட்றுக்குமாக்கும் எனவும்”, நாகேஷ் சொல்வாரே,”ஆமா, எல்லாத்துக்கும் ஒரு ஆக்கும் சேர்த்துக்கோ..” என்பாரே.. 100/100 உண்மை!

Dear Kunjuppu,

I read fully the link provided by you. It was an excellent piece and enjoyable too. I just love the Palakkad Tamil. It is the same whether it is palakkad or trivandrum or kudamaloor or kayankulam or kottarakkara. The pattars' tamil is unique. One day when I was travelling by train I was floored by this when a young naughty boy was getting drenched by the rain that was lashing because he refused to close the window and was enjoying the rain. His sister (elder) shouted at him டேய் அம்பீ மழை சாரரதுடா. பனிபிடிச்சுக்கிடக்கபோரேடா. For a Tamil from TN it was a treat.

thanks vaagmi.

i think ananya forgot to mention, the sing song intonation that we pattars use. what my dad called malayala chozhai. :) whereas tamil in chennai, was more gutteral sounding ie sharp and short...

One of my friends from Kerala used to say two things.
When we speak wrong Tamil, it becomes Malayalam.
When we put to two pebbles into the mouth and speak
Tamil it automatically becomes Malayalam.
But I find a nasal tone and the usage of a lot of ZHA too. :)

thanks vaagmi.

i think ananya forgot to mention, the sing song intonation that we pattars use. what my dad called malayala chozhai. :) whereas tamil in chennai, was more gutteral sounding ie sharp and short...

Dear Kunjuppu,

That way even the Malayalam spoken by the malayalis from the northern part and central Kerala is sing song. People from Southern Kollam Trivandrum speak it like tamil cut and dried. But trichur people make it a song. The peculiar ups and down in the intonation is so sweet. I have many friends in that area.

I like the malayalam and Malayalis (this includes my wife).

Thanks.

One of my friends from Kerala used to say two things.
1.When we speak wrong Tamil, it becomes Malayalam.
2.When we put to two pebbles into the mouth and speak
Tamil it automatically becomes Malayalam. ........
Dear Sis,

Sorry to differ... What your friends from Kerala say is not correct!

1. Wrong Tamil can never become Malayalam. :nono:

2. If we put pebbles in the mouth and speak, we might get 'MGR Tamil' (after he was shot in his throat!) :D

Robo Shankar - awesome performance

Dear Sis,

Sorry to differ... What your friends from Kerala say is not correct!

1. Wrong Tamil can never become Malayalam. :nono:

2. If we put pebbles in the mouth and speak, we might get 'MGR Tamil' (after he was shot in his throat!) :D

Robo Shankar - awesome performance

We have many such wrong perceptions about Malayalam and Malayalis. Our Tamil movie jokes have added to this. My friend used to quote the words"a malayali is incapable of being violent". They are such nice people. Their land is simply beautiful. Their language is a well developed one. Their poets are among the best we can count. Their movies are of a very high standard. Generally their culture is a beauty. I can prove every word of what I have said above. It is one of the two states in India(the other is Gujarat) in which women are respected. Kerala is indeed God's own country.

A good blog by Ananya. :thumb:

But she writes:

1........ சொல்லின் இடையில் வரும் ச வை இவர்கள் ஷ என்கிறார்கள். நாம் பேசறா என்பதை பேஸறா என்றும் அசடு என்பதை அஸடு என்றும் சொல்கிறோமே, இவர்கள் ’பேஷரா, அஷடு’ என்கிறார்கள்.

2. மை.ம.கா படத்தில் கமல் வாயை திறந்தபடியே தான் படம் முழுவதும் பேசுவார். வாய், மூடவே மூடாது. ”அவா தாஞ்சொன்னா, வரணுங்கிட்டியா” போன்ற சொற்றொடர்களில் ம் என்ற ஒற்றெழுத்து திரிந்து ஞ், ங் ஆகி வருவது முறையாகும்.

1. पेषरा அல்ல पेशरा ; अषडु அல்ல अशडु ....... பேச'ரா, அச'டு என்று எழுதலாம்!

அவாதாஞ்சொன்னா = அவாதான் சொன்னா. ( 'ம்' வரவில்லை)

Some more that I observed:

பாடுவான்,
பேசுவான் போன்ற சொற்களை, தமிழ் பிராமணர்கள் பாடுவா(ங்), பேசுவா(ங்​) என்று சொல்லுவார்கள்.

பாலக்காட்டில், பாடுவன், பேசு'வன் என்று சொல்லுவார்கள். பாடுவாள், பேசுவாள் என்ப
தை, தமிழ் நாட்டில், பாடுவா,

பேசுவா என்றும் பாலக்காட்டில் பாடுவள், பேசு'வள் என்று
ம் சொல்லுவார்கள். :cool:

Malayalam is a mixture of Sanskrit and pure Tamil. They use chaste Tamil words in colloquial style. Like we say "saral" adikkiradhu, they say sarradhu. However, when they use the alphabet "R", they press the vibrator. One more interesting thing I observed is the people from Nagercoil and around speak Malayalam-mixed-Tamil and would readily deny that they know Malayalam. Every language suffers or improves at border "skirmishes"! While at it let me say that a Survey has found that we have lost about 220 languages, mostly tribal, in the last 50 years.

We have many such wrong perceptions about Malayalam and Malayalis. Our Tamil movie jokes have added to this. My friend used to quote the words"a malayali is incapable of being violent". They are such nice people. Their land is simply beautiful. Their language is a well developed one. Their poets are among the best we can count. Their movies are of a very high standard. Generally their culture is a beauty. I can prove every word of what I have said above. It is one of the two states in India(the other is Gujarat) in which women are respected. Kerala is indeed God's own country.

:thumb:

கேரளாவில் வசிக்கும் தங்கையின் குடும்பத்தை, ஆண்டு விடுமுறையில் எங்கள் கிராமத்து இல்லத்தில் சந்தித்தோம்.

இரவில் அம்மன் கோவில் திருவிழாவை முன்னிட்டு வாண வேடிக்கை நடக்க, தங்கை மகன் அதிசயித்தான், 'எத்தற

ப்ராவஸ்யம் படக்கம் வெடிக்கறா?'.
என் மகன் clean bowled... உடனே 'திரு திரு' விழியானான், இது என்ன மொழியோ

என்று வியந்து! பின், நான் மொழி பெயர்த்தேன் (!!) 'எத்தனை தடவை பட்டாசு வெடிக்கறா?' என்று!
:boom:

Dear Tmt RR

I think what she meant in post # 4 was that when a sentence is spoken and it sounds like Tamil to a Malayalee
and like Malayalam to a Tamilian, then you have the perfect Palakkadu Tamil.

Taking all the 'regional flavours' into consideration, I think Chennai Tamil is about the worst.

Yay Yem

Dear All

A genuine doubt. "Palakkadu Tamil" - does it have a script or is it just a dialect ?

The Sindhi language is written in both Devanagari and Urdu. Any way that Palakkadu Language
can do the same with Malayalam & Tamil ?

Yay Yem

......... A genuine doubt. "Palakkadu Tamil" - does it have a script or is it just a dialect ?

The Sindhi language is written in both Devanagari and Urdu. Any way that Palakkadu Language
can do the same with Malayalam & Tamil ?
I think, we can write any language in any other language!

''eththRa prAvas'yam padakkam vedikkaRA?'' was what my sister's son wondered when there was fire works

in a nearby Devi temple. My son living in Sing. Chennai was clean bowled then, and I had to translate it (!!)

''eththanai thadavai pattAsu vedikkaRA?'' :blabla:

Ref: post # 17

...... A genuine doubt. "Palakkadu Tamil" - does it have a script or is it just a dialect ?....
Though Kerala has many districts, we call the Malayalath Tamil as 'Palakkad Tamil'.

This is similar to N. Indians denoting all Tamilians as Madrasis!

And it does not have a script of its own. :)

romba kareettu nAynA, nee solRadhu! :)

madras tamil is unique in itself.it has about 30 - 40% telugu mixed with it. thanks to its proximity to andhra and the that the locals who dealt with east india company 3 centuries ago, were all telugus.

i would not disparage madras tamil. it is part of me, and gives me a kicku when i talk in it.

madras tamil is unique in itself.it has about 30 - 40% telugu mixed with it. thanks to its proximity to andhra and the that the locals who dealt with east india company 3 centuries ago, were all telugus.

i would not disparage madras tamil. it is part of me, and gives me a kicku when i talk in it.

If you talk it to the wrong persons, :suspicious:

you may end up with additional kicks!!! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back